PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans [Square refurb.]

thinktink
08-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Just curious if anyone knows when the refirb will be done. I saw the pictures and didn't know they had that area under the tarps also. Are the shops behind the tarps closed? If they are, which ones are they.

Dlandmom
08-19-2004, 07:53 AM
I was just there last week. I didn't notice any shops closed. For example, Pieces of Eight is open behind the tarps in most of the pictures. Blue Bayou is open. It's just really cramped in the street, that's all.

Opus1guy
08-19-2004, 09:05 PM
They have a Club 33 logo painted on the door of the Club because the crystal address plaque is behind a construction wall.

Also, there is a Blue Bayou reservation desk crammed in right next to the Club's door in the little alleyway that the construction walls form, making for some more-than-normal confusion about what door is what when the Club's door is open.

Disneyfreak
08-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Tink, what is with the :rolleyes:? Aren't you glad they are doing the work?

Disney Vault
08-21-2004, 02:15 PM
IT makes me so happy to see it this way but i dont mind as much because i go once a year so i can always look forward to how great it will be next time.

disneymania
08-22-2004, 03:48 PM
When I was at DL last year, I did not see any need for the refurb. So I hope that they will be done doing whatever they are doing to my favorite part of the park on Sept 7th.

Disney Vault
08-22-2004, 04:44 PM
You should see the before and after pictures then you would notice how bad things have been.

OCCOBRA
08-22-2004, 05:01 PM
The square was in real bad shape. I became a AP in May and had not gone in over 5 years. The first thing i noticed is how everything needed paint and run down it was. I am so happy they are fixing it up. :) :) :)

disneymania
08-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Is it over? If not, then when? Does anyone have any pictures? thnx