PDA

View Full Version : I'm Jonesing

Pages : [1] 2

drjones
08-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Is it just me?

This Sunday ends my exile from Disneyland.

I can't wait to go back. I refused to upgrade my AP from SoCal to Premium this year for various reasons and , I'll tell ya, I'm feeling it..

The thing is, when I go, I don't do much. Mansion IS a must..., Beyond that, I just like to be there. 2 months is a long time, at least for me.. Does anyone else feel that way about Disneyland? I consider myself to be as jaded as most padders, plus, I'm 32 and remember Disneyland from the 70's, 80's and 90's, but no matter what they do to it, the magic is still there for me.

Looking foward to returning this Sunday

SCUBAbe
08-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Is it just me?

This Sunday ends my exile from Disneyland.

I can't wait to go back. I refused to upgrade my AP from SoCal to Premium this year for various reasons and , I'll tell ya, I'm feeling it..

The thing is, when I go, I don't do much. Mansion IS a must..., Beyond that, I just like to be there. 2 months is a long time, at least for me.. Does anyone else feel that way about Disneyland? I consider myself to be as jaded as most padders, plus, I'm 32 and remember Disneyland from the 70's, 80's and 90's, but no matter what they do to it, the magic is still there for me.

Looking foward to returning this Sunday
some days we don't do alot of rides either. I don't get withdrawls, but I do look forward to going. We have gone more than a year without going before...:)..On this next trip we will do a few rides, but I'll be mostly taking pictures. (I was going to say shooting the park, but thought it would sound wrong...LOL)

mystycalchyk
08-18-2004, 08:34 PM
exile from disneyland?? :confused:

Susan L
08-18-2004, 08:45 PM
I grew up in South Bay, during the 60's and 70's they didn't have AP's then. We would go about 2 maybe 4 times a year and as a kid it was never enough. Yeah the parents would slip in Knotts and Sea World here and there but it just wasn't the same. Now I live up in No. CA and can only get to Disneyland once a year. But, I always make sure we can stay on site and for at least a week. And I always start planning for the next trip while at Disneyland. This time I started early, we are going in Oct 04, but I'm making plans for Nov 05 already.

drjones
08-18-2004, 09:11 PM
my exile?

Sunday ends the summer blockout for soCal Ap holders

mystycalchyk
08-18-2004, 09:35 PM
ahhhhhhh. See Im SoCal challenged. Had no clue. :D

sdfilmcritic
08-18-2004, 11:44 PM
I can't wait to go back. I refused to upgrade my AP from SoCal to Premium this year for various reasons and , I'll tell ya, I'm feeling it.
Why not upgrade to Deluxe? It's cheaper than Premium, and the only blockout days are Holiday weekends and most all Saturdays. I have a Deluxe, and it's a God Send.

MrsG
08-19-2004, 07:33 AM
We are PAP holders from No. Cal. and drove down every other week. But school is back in and I already feel the withdrawals. M.u.s.t. h.a.v.e. f.u.d.g.e. M.u.s.t. h.e.a.r. y.o. h.o. - y.o. h.o.
Perhaps ye know to much. You've seen the cursed treasure. Ye know where it be hidden.

idesign
08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Same here, sooo funny you would post about it. Socal Ap's Return!. BTW, will we pack the place out? Are there that many of us? I'm wondering if we should actually wait out a weekend or two to let it thin out?

sami869
08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
We do have APs but since we're from nor cal and both work full time with conflicting sceduals it's nearly impossible to get down there more than once every 3 months. I go through disneyland withdrawls after about a month of not going. My boyfriend is way worse off than me though. He randomly sings the song from it's tough to be a bug so often that I now know the whole thing by heart.

Mukta
08-19-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm excited for you dr. jones. After a break, everything always seems new and brighter to me.
I just realized that the last 2 months I have been to DL at least twice a week, but I haven't been on any rides. The lines were long, so I just watched fireworks and Fantasmic! and went home. I like to sit at the outdoor restaurants and just take in the atmosphere. As a kid I went only a couple of times a year at most. I am so grateful to be able to go at my leisure now.

SCUBAbe
08-19-2004, 08:48 AM
wow, it sounds like it may be very busy on that sunday...LOL...for the deluxe pass the sat is open also. I'm hoping DL will still be managable saturday and we'll do DCA on sunday..:)

disneyperson
08-19-2004, 12:39 PM
It's not just you DRJONES. My daughter and I find ourselves planning how we're going to manage the next visit, even while in the park, or even before a trip that's alreagy booked. For example, we are going Aug 28-29 so my daughter,the teen goth, can bond with her people. We know it will be crazy crowded, but that's OK because we both like people watching chatting with CMs and soaking up the atmoshpere. As long as we get our HM fix and a few trips on Indie and SM, we're happy. But now, I'm already trying to figure out a way to get there for a for a Christmas visit and a late spring trip to see the 5oth stuff before the summer crowds hit, and don't even get me started on the logistics of making it for July 17.(It will be my 50th birthday too!) At least I finally have a reliable car and don't have to constantly tempt friends into coming with us,(and driving) with offers of "See the park with us, we're fun, we know our way around.We'll pay for your hotel.please come with us.)I am hopelessly addicted, and I've passed my habit on to my child. My husband is at a loss to understand, once every 5-7 years is plenty for him.

Just a note to anyone who is also going on Aug.29 and plans to eat at the Blue Bayou, The restaurant is already pretty much booked for goth day from around 5:30 -7:30, they probably save some walk up and day-of slots, but the last time I checked all the pre-reserved spaces were gone.

SCUBAbe
08-19-2004, 12:58 PM
It's not just you DRJONES. My daughter and I find ourselves planning how we're going to manage the next visit, even while in the park, or even before a trip that's alreagy booked. For example, we are going Aug 28-29 so my daughter,the teen goth, can bond with her people.
My daughter is now bringing two of her goth friends. So, 3 teenagers in one hotel room...oh no...LOL...I plan on sending them off to have fun and using ridemax to schedule a few rides to go on. I'll probably be spending most of the day shopping (because of my mother who is 56 and does not like alot of the faster rides, but loves to shop.) and taking pictures. I have a new camera. It's not digital, but i'll bring my digi to. It is a newer SLR than my current one and the lens will fit the $1200.00 digi one that I want one day....:)

by the way, my BF of 10 years this month refuses to go to DL at all. He went once when he was about 8 and will not go again. So, we leave grouchy pants at home when we go...LOL

drjones
08-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Why not upgrade to Deluxe? It's cheaper than Premium, and the only blockout days are Holiday weekends and most all Saturdays. I have a Deluxe, and it's a God Send.

i tried when i first discovered i could upgrade.

when i got my SoCal pass i added parking automatically, so when upgrading to a deluxe pass for $25 more i could have a premium. Back then :

Socal AP: $105
+parking $40
= $145
Ithink the upgrade to deluxe was $60 so I spent something like $205 on my pass, whats an extra $20 for more perks?

TP2000
08-19-2004, 11:27 PM
You know, after reading all of these very fun posts it dawned on me.... One of the big reasons Disneyland has been so uncrowded and slow this summer is that a great many AP holders have been blocked out.

I bet there's a ton of SoCal AP holders who will flood back into the Park after their summer "exile". The weekends, and Sunday's in particular, will probably become a lot busier beginning this week. But it will be nice to have everyone back. :-)

disneyhound
08-20-2004, 05:34 AM
by the way, my BF of 10 years this month refuses to go to DL at all. He went once when he was about 8 and will not go again. So, we leave grouchy pants at home when we go...LOL

You might just have to re-think the BF. He must have some quality about him, but to be DL-phobic, it must have been a tramatic visit when he was a wee one... :eek:

SCUBAbe
08-20-2004, 07:18 AM
You might just have to re-think the BF. He must have some quality about him, but to be DL-phobic, it must have been a tramatic visit when he was a wee one... :eek:
He liked the hotel...LOL..the last time he went was in the mid 60's. He was able to take many trips as a child. The carribean is at the top of his list. Now, he feels DL is just for kids and he is right to a certain extent. They have in the past catered to families with children in the toddeler to 10 age group. I'm hoping they realize that older kids also enjoy the park and would like rides other than what can be found in babyland. Also, some adults engoy faster type rides also. I think he may like DCA, but he refuses to spend money to get into any amusement park. He feels in general they are all toursits traps and a rip off....:)...I suppose the ODV thread supports his theroy on that.

SallySkellington
08-20-2004, 07:46 AM
He liked the hotel...LOL..the last time he went was in the mid 60's. He was able to take many trips as a child. The carribean is at the top of his list. Now, he feels DL is just for kids and he is right to a certain extent. They have in the past catered to families with children in the toddeler to 10 age group. I'm hoping they realize that older kids also enjoy the park and would like rides other than what can be found in babyland. Also, some adults engoy faster type rides also. I think he may like DCA, but he refuses to spend money to get into any amusement park. He feels in general they are all toursits traps and a rip off....:)...I suppose the ODV thread supports his theroy on that.

Disneyland is not just for kids. I'm 17 and I still love it, even Fantasyland. Heck, Peter Pan's Flight is still one of my favorite rides!

sami869
08-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Now, he feels DL is just for kids and he is right to a certain extent. They have in the past catered to families with children in the toddeler to 10 age group. I'm hoping they realize that older kids also enjoy the park and would like rides other than what can be found in babyland.

I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 22. We love disneyland and don't feel it's catering to the little ones. That's the best thing about disneyland: there is tons to do no matter how old you are.

SCUBAbe
08-20-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 22. We love disneyland and don't feel it's catering to the little ones. That's the best thing about disneyland: there is tons to do no matter how old you are.well, he is entitled to his own views. By the way, although I may not have made it clear..this quote means, "Now, he feels DL is just for kids and he is right to a certain extent. They have in the past " it's how he feels and in the past refers back to when he went in the 60's. They may have had the matterhorn open then, but that was it as far as faster rides. He has not been back so his views are based on an 8-10 years olds memories of DL in the 60's. Not only that, but a boy who traveled alot to some pretty nice places, so a california trip to DL may not have stacked up well against the carribean or learning to scubabe dive or sail.

Obviously I go often. I love it. My daughter likes it, but perfers MM. My BF respects the fact that I love to go alot and I respect the fact that he will never go. He has agreed to go to Epcot though...woo hoo!!

disneyperson
08-20-2004, 12:03 PM
My daughter is now bringing two of her goth friends. So, 3 teenagers in one hotel room...oh no...LOL...I plan on sending them off to have fun and using ridemax to schedule a few rides to go on. I'll probably be spending most of the day shopping (because of my mother who is 56 and does not like alot of the faster rides, but loves to shop.) and taking pictures. I have a new camera. It's not digital, but i'll bring my digi to. It is a newer SLR than my current one and the lens will fit the $1200.00 digi one that I want one day....:)

My sympathies about three teens in one room If their goths, it will probably take a long time for them all to get their hair and make-up just right. Hope they are planning to get up early.Hee-hee. I'll be taking pictures with a handy-dandy kodak disposal. they usually come out pretty good. Hope you have a swell time shopping, and the three girls (are they all girls?) are all tired out and sleepy at the end of the day. yeah right, like that will happen.

SCUBAbe
08-20-2004, 12:19 PM
My sympathies about three teens in one room If their goths, it will probably take a long time for them all to get their hair and make-up just right. Hope they are planning to get up early.Hee-hee. I'll be taking pictures with a handy-dandy kodak disposal. they usually come out pretty good. Hope you have a swell time shopping, and the three girls (are they all girls?) are all tired out and sleepy at the end of the day. yeah right, like that will happen.
2 girls one boy if his parents let him come. I'm guessing they will not. I wouldn't let my daughter go for two days with a boy...LOL..but he is welcome to come..:)...no doubt they will talke forever getting dressed. My daughter says they are going to go all out...lol

disneyperson
08-20-2004, 12:27 PM
2 girls one boy if his parents let him come. I'm guessing they will not. I wouldn't let my daughter go for two days with a boy...LOL..but he is welcome to come..:)...no doubt they will talke forever getting dressed. My daughter says they are going to go all out...lol
We'll have to swap phots afterwards. Actually, my daughter plans to go quite casual/goth that day. She wants her "look" to last through the day and she wants to be comfy. It might be fun to visit a the restroom closest to Splsh Mountain to watch all the make-up fixingthat will no doubt be going on.

SCUBAbe
08-20-2004, 01:00 PM
We'll have to swap phots afterwards. Actually, my daughter plans to go quite casual/goth that day. She wants her "look" to last through the day and she wants to be comfy. It might be fun to visit a the restroom closest to Splsh Mountain to watch all the make-up fixingthat will no doubt be going on.
ya know i have never gotten that wet on splash. The worst that has happened is water has splashed on my leg. Well, when we got in a splash fight we got wet. They came on the loud speaker and told us to stop. They also came on the loud speaker and made us stop rocking the log once. We are such the rebels...LOL