PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Limo?

Pages : [1] 2

Viva La Disney
08-18-2004, 02:42 PM
What the heck was this? I have an idea but I'm not sure.I was gonna do it to see what it was but now it's closing. :crying:

SCUBAbe
08-18-2004, 02:54 PM
What the heck was this? I have an idea but I'm not sure.I was gonna do it to see what it was but now it's closing. :crying:
it was really bad. My daughter took me on it. She said it was a realy fun ride. They even take your picture. From what I remember you're suppose to be a star and the limo picks you up. It then takes you on a tour of the hollywood/LA area and there's parprazzi around. The ride goes really slow. You also go past some pretty scary manicans of stars that are totally stiff except for this fake looking wave. At the end of the ride you can see yur picture. My expression was "WTF". Needless to say we didn;t buy it. My daughter just wanted me to go on it because she knew it was lame and wanted to see my reaction. It was a really bad ride. I think we rode it twice. The second time was when my friend went to the park for the first time. It was just for laughs...

Disneyfreak
08-18-2004, 03:31 PM
That ride was the only ride that actually lowered peoples IQ.

Little tod
08-18-2004, 03:47 PM
The fun of the ride, IMO, is when they took the picture of the entire car and projected it up onto an empty billboard with the caption "Starring YOU" or some other similar thing. At least nine out of the twelve people in the car both times I rode it were staring at the ride in open-mouthed confusion. And no matter how hard I or any of the other tods tried, we always had that look. It was funny.

--Lt

experiment626
08-18-2004, 04:34 PM
At the end of the ride you can see yur picture. My expression was "WTF". Needless to say we didn;t buy it.
From what I remember you couldn't really buy the photo it was just for "show."

Of course I could be wrong (it has happened).

Andrew
08-18-2004, 04:35 PM
After riding R&RC at MGM--which has similar looking cars--I kept expecting the ride to suddenly launch into a twisting looping high speed coaster.

It didn't. It just ended. I rode it once so I could see what everyone was talking about, but that's it, and I don't miss it.

Susan L
08-18-2004, 08:57 PM
I too have never riden this ride, it has been closed forever. Well it sound like I did not miss a thing, good for me. Do they have plans to do anything with it? Or may-be come up with something better?

Cloud Buster
08-19-2004, 01:50 AM
I too have never riden this ride, it has been closed forever. Well it sound like I did not miss a thing, good for me. Do they have plans to do anything with it? Or may-be come up with something better?

Rumor we've been hearing is that they'd like to build a new dark ride in HBL that would use both the SSL and Millionaire buildings.

GrumpyUTboi
08-19-2004, 08:04 AM
I saw the video of the ride and I wasn't to impressed. I did like the agent dude that came on the screen and talked to you.

cstephens
08-19-2004, 09:53 AM
I saw the video of the ride and I wasn't to impressed. I did like the agent dude that came on the screen and talked to you.

The agent was really the only part of the ride I didn't like. We'd always throw a jacket or a sweatshirt over the screen.

mjformenotyou
08-19-2004, 10:32 AM
My little sister actually liked the ride.

She may have been the only one.

I couldn't stop laughing when we rode it, because it is so bizarre and so confusing. It doesn't make any sense in that it's supposed to be a Disney ride. Instead, it was just WEIRD.

DisneylandForever
08-19-2004, 12:13 PM
I sorta liked the agent guy, too. He was the only non ABC star that was crammed down our throats! That ride was just a bad commercial.

And Joan Rivers in the queue area was just torture.

splashmtngurl
08-19-2004, 03:19 PM
i rode it with my family in 2001 and my little brother HATED IT!!!!!! there wasnt really a plot, no action, no jerking twisting or even hardly any movement and those ROTTEN smiling faces were so stupid they never stoped smiling...ughhhh!!!!! our picture was full of people with a disgusted look! it was pretty funny!

P.S. and you could buy the pictures but for a ridiculously high price (like 34$ or something) and needless to say we didnt buy it!

cstephens
08-19-2004, 04:11 PM
i rode it with my family in 2001 and my little brother HATED IT!!!!!! there wasnt really a plot, no action, no jerking twisting or even hardly any movement and those ROTTEN smiling faces were so stupid they never stoped smiling...ughhhh!!!!! our picture was full of people with a disgusted look! it was pretty funny!

P.S. and you could buy the pictures but for a ridiculously high price (like 34$ or something) and needless to say we didnt buy it!

I believe you're mistaken. I don't recall there being any pictures offered for sale from the ride. The joke was always that they should sell the picture that they take of you because many people are looking confused.

Disney Vault
08-19-2004, 05:40 PM
When i went on the ride and they showed our picture, the lady behind me took out a camera and took a picture of the picture being displayed. I dont know if it would have turned out though.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:46 AM
really? because a cm told us that we could by the pictures if we wanted to before we exited the attraction.........perhaps the opportunity ended shortly after the opening of the attraction because no-one wanted pics....i did attend close to the opening of DCA (april 2001 i think)

stan4d_steph
08-20-2004, 09:56 AM
I never saw photos for sale there. I rode SSL two times and both were craptacular.

DCA opened in February 2001, so I doubt they would still have been selling photos 2 months later if no one was buying them.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:58 AM
perhaps i'm wrong...i may be thinking of another attraction somewhere else although i cant think of which one..... :rolleyes: o well!

cstephens
08-20-2004, 10:05 AM
really? because a cm told us that we could by the pictures if we wanted to before we exited the attraction.........perhaps the opportunity ended shortly after the opening of the attraction because no-one wanted pics....i did attend close to the opening of DCA (april 2001 i think)

We rode it during AP previews and on subsequent occasions, and there were never any pictures available or anywhere to sell them, actually. The CM was probably mistaken.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:13 PM
ahh i doubt the CM was mistaken i believe i am but i just cant remember what attraction i am thinking of...perhaps it was one of the attractions at our local thempark.....(idaho but still) silverwood...check this website out and see what i am talking about....the park is sort of a drag.

http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/index.html

Disney Vault
08-21-2004, 10:56 AM
If only it would have been thought out better. It could have been something like this new ride instead. http://www.pki.com/italianjob/ij3.html WIth the limos rushing around a site or something but not like RRC.

missm
08-21-2004, 11:21 AM
If only it would have been thought out better. It could have been something like this new ride instead. http://www.pki.com/italianjob/ij3.html WIth the limos rushing around a site or something but not like RRC.

That ride looks like a great time. I had never hear of that theme park before looking at that link. I had to look at the directions link to find out where it was. I was hoping a little closer than Ohio.

Disney Vault
08-21-2004, 02:05 PM
I had never heard of it until today either.

kflo
08-21-2004, 04:24 PM
There was never an opportunity to by pictures because there were no image capture location to buy it from like Tower or Screamin. I don't think there was ever an intention for a photo to be bought there... The concept of the ride was great esp. for the kids only if it was thought out and molded better... minus the purple costumes... glad i never got trained there.. the first costumes i heard were nice but whoa the purple had to go...

sleepyjeff
08-21-2004, 05:21 PM
...perhaps it was one of the attractions at our local thempark.....(idaho but still) silverwood...check this website out and see what i am talking about....
http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/index.html

Is that the Corkscrew? It looks just like the old one from Knotts.