PDA

View Full Version : New Guided Tour at DL: Mysteries, Myths, and Legends

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

nursemelis374
08-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Has anybody heard anything about this new tour? It is supposed to start October 4th and sounds really cool. I heard about it on another website and supposedly it was announced late last week. It is a 2.5 hour tour that takes place partially after the park is closed!

tink1234
08-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Oooh! Fun! Is it geared toward families with dc or just teens and adults?

mystycalchyk
08-18-2004, 10:44 AM
oooOOOOo after hours??? I would luuuuuuuurve that!!

nursemelis374
08-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Here is a link with more information:

DL Mysteries, Myths, and Legends Tour (http://www.utilidors.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1260&mode=&order=0&thold=0)

Check out the discussion board for even more information! I just found this site today and it seems pretty reliable.

Andrew
08-18-2004, 11:51 AM
After hours? I'm so there.

Wendi
08-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Wow! Sounds incredible... I wanna gooooo!!! I'll be there at the right time if this is true, cool!

Tinker Bell
08-18-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm in do we know when the will start RSVP for this?

SCUBAbe
08-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Here is a link with more information:

DL Mysteries, Myths, and Legends Tour (http://www.utilidors.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1260&mode=&order=0&thold=0)

Check out the discussion board for even more information! I just found this site today and it seems pretty reliable.
ok...disney has done this before. They had a ghost tour on the Queen Mary at had a cabin rigged with special effects. I sure hope they don't go into the, "and this was america sings. One of our very own CM's met her untimely death here. Sometimes her ghost can be seen" They do this on the QM and it's just tacky...

nursemelis374
08-18-2004, 02:00 PM
ok...disney has done this before. They had a ghost tour on the Queen Mary at had a cabin rigged with special effects. I sure hope they don't go into the, "and this was america sings. One of our very own CM's met her untimely death here. Sometimes her ghost can be seen" They do this on the QM and it's just tacky...

I doubt that they would discuss real people that actually died at the DLR; especially with all of the current events and existing concerns about safety at Disneyland. It would be like exploiting the deaths of these people for money and I think that the public would be seriously upset with something of that nature. Who knows though with all the bad decisions they make. I think that it will just talk about strange happenings at the park and go 'Behind the Scenes" on the spookier attractions like HM and TOT. Maybe mention the 'presence' of Walt Disney at DL.

Cloud Buster
08-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Oh great. Another way to tie up the park before "All Clear" is called. I wonder if EP knows about this? During the off-season, EP crew has to stay late to do POTS bring back. Obviously, we can't have them doing it with guests in the park so they always have to wait for the all clear -- which can take as long as 2.5 hours anyway.

I suppose, however, since these are hosted tours, they could simply call control when they're clear, and control could make the all call. Ideally, this could mean that the tour wouldn't tie the park up any extra. This also means however that while on the tour you won't see any of the "magic" that happens after hours - but I sincerely doubt they would let you see that. I imagine that's the appeal to the tour -- "SEE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER HOURS", when in fact you'll see a big empty park. Maybe they'll clear the park for custodial, but facilities and support will remain in hiding until the tour is over (that's what they do for Toontown after pyro, they clear it for custodial ONLY).

sdfilmcritic
08-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Oh great. Another way to tie up the park before "All Clear" is called.
I was thinking the same things Cloud. I remeber when I worked at LLC (LEGOland, CA) the management kept shrinking our available hours for custodial and prepartaion down because they were trying to cut corners and save money. It got so bad that we ended with having four or five people having to clean AND prep five rides in about 30 to 45 minutes. And they demanded detailed cleaning! IMPOSSIBLE!

I couldn't even begin to imagine how much worse it would be for DL staff to clean up an entire park and prepare it for the next day if management does institute a special program that allows non-VIP guests to wander the park after hours, even if they are attended and control with a staff member leading them around.

nursemelis374
08-19-2004, 08:02 AM
I did not get the impression that the entire tour took place after hours, only a portion.

Andrew
08-19-2004, 08:57 AM
The "Backstage Magic" tour at WDW takes place partially before opening at EPCOT. No attempt is made to hide operational (cleaning, maintenance, etc) functions--in fact, that's the draw of the tour. The sight of World Showcase completely empty of guests, and the back side of American Adventure while skilled workers are maintaining Ben Franklin, is not something I'll ever forget. Although I've done the tour three times, so apparently I do have memory issues.

Anyway I doubt that if this new DL tour does indeed take place after hours, that normal cleaning and maintenance will be delayed. It'll simply be incorporated into the tour.

DisneylandForever
08-19-2004, 12:21 PM
"During the tour guests will "learn about" various "Ghost" stories and lore (entertainment purposes only) about some of the more "out of the way" places in Disneyland and California Adventure (even some Ghost stories relating beyond the Berm of the parks).

The journeys will take guests onto 3 major Disney attractions but in the usual Disney tradition, These won't be the same experiences that guests will have during the daytime (stay tuned for more on that)..."

Sounds more like a show than an actual tour. Like someone previously said, have some attractions rigged for "ghost effects" to spook the tour guests. Like we go into Indy or something, the tour guide says "Oh by the way, rumor has it this ride is haunted," and stuff starts happening.

But the tour part could be cool as well. I'd do it just for the after hours aspect. Hope the price doesn't "scare" me away! :p

miss bianca
08-23-2004, 05:37 PM
I just read the description of this new tour in this weeks DL update - It sounds AWESOME! - anyone know if they will be offering AP previews in September?

Pirate Girl
08-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Hopefully they will continue this tour past october...I'd love to see it, but won't be returning to DLR till January. :(

AVP
08-23-2004, 06:45 PM
I just read the description of this new tour in this weeks DL update - It sounds AWESOME! - anyone know if they will be offering AP previews in September?From what I can gather, there probably won't be any preview period for this tour. It's a limited run, and tour sizes are small, and they seem to think they are going to sell out pretty much every tour.

AVP

Wendi
08-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Any word yet on the possible cost of this tour? I really want to do it, just want to see if it's worth it for me...

AVP
08-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Any word yet on the possible cost of this tour? I really want to do it, just want to see if it's worth it for me...No - we'll post it as soon as we learn the cost, but I don't even have an estimate I can share.

AVP

Lani
08-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Any word yet on the possible cost of this tour? I really want to do it, just want to see if it's worth it for me...Here's my guess: Between $10 and $100! :D

Wendi
08-24-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm guessing around $50... if it's $100 I won't be able to swing it!!! Hope it's not out of my range because it sounds great!

olegc
09-01-2004, 03:18 PM
I saw that utilidors.com had a more extensive description of the tour itinerary, but still am looking for the cost.

olegc
09-03-2004, 02:48 PM
well, to get reservations you need to call Disney Sales at 714-781-4400. They are taking reservations tomorrow (9/4). Mon - Thursday tours.

And the price? According to my colleague whose daughter is a CM - $85.00 Now - it's not clear if this is THE price for everyone, etc.

I don;t know.. $85.00 for a 2.5 hour tour, that does not include admission (or any food or giveaways)... hmmm...

AVP
09-03-2004, 05:24 PM
And the price? According to my colleague whose daughter is a CM - $85.00 Now - it's not clear if this is THE price for everyone, etc.That price is *much* higher than any speculative price I've heard tossed around, although that means nothing - things change. I'll be pretty disapointed if it's true.

AVP

Wendi
09-03-2004, 05:26 PM
$85.00

:crying: