PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin's Oasis?

disney mom
08-18-2004, 09:20 AM
What exactly is Aladdin's oasis is a ride a show?The reason I Ask is because we have preferred setting to this show. :confused: Just wondering because it says its closed for refirb.When we purchased our package 2 months ago it came whith preferred seating to It'ts Tough to be a Bug,Millionaire,Muppet Vison3D,and Aladdin.so now if the aladdin show is now closed to the only preferred seating we have is It's tough to be a bug.Kinda sad :(

SallySkellington
08-18-2004, 09:22 AM
I went to Aladdin's Oasis ten years ago and it was like a dinner show. At least, I think it was Aladdin's Oasis. My memory wasn't too sharp at 7 years old.

sdfilmcritic
08-18-2004, 09:25 AM
I remember the days that property was a shopping Bazaar. My parents had gotten engaged there 35 years ago (give or take a year).

mystycalchyk
08-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Alladins Oasis is no longer a dinner show, its a storytime for kids.

Theres a main storyteller, who plays the part of the genie as well, plus Alladin, and Jasmine and they get a small child (usually a teensy little girl) to play the part of Jafar, it's quite cute.

I actually really like it, even though I dont have kids, I always find it fun to watch the little ones participate. Some people here though from what I read, don't. *shrugs* cant please them all I 'spose :rolleyes:

AFAIK thought currently it is closed (from the last update I saw).

Lani
08-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Aladdin's Oasis was originally introduced as a restaurant, but they converted it a number of years ago into a wonderful storytelling experience called "Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytelling Adventure" -- AdrienneK wrote an article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/akrock20.htm) a few years ago about it in her Parenting in the Parks column. Enjoy!

stan4d_steph
08-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Your preferred seating tickets for Aladdin are for the musical showing in the Hyperion Theater at DCA, not Aladdin's Oasis. Check the entertainment schedule for the days you will be at DCA to see scheduled times.

mystycalchyk
08-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Your preferred seating tickets for Aladdin are for the musical showing in the Hyperion Theater at DCA, not Aladdin's Oasis. Check the entertainment schedule for the days you will be at DCA to see scheduled times.

Ahhhh *slaps forehead* That makes much more sense to me. I was a bit confused about 'preferred seating' for Alladin's Oasis.

duh. :rolleyes:

Umm yeah....go do the storytime anyway (if it's open), its a hoot :D

DisneylandForever
08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
I remember the days that property was a shopping Bazaar. My parents had gotten engaged there 35 years ago (give or take a year).

Whoa! You're a lot older than you look then, sdfilm (unless the guy in your avatar isn't you).

That property has been the Tahitian Terrace since the early 60's! :geek:

Speaking of which, Bring back the Tahitian Terrace!!!

sami869
08-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Tough to be a Bug: This is a 3D show that plays constantly (once one is over they laod a new group and play it again). You never have to wait logner than it takes for the current show to end (it last less than 10 mins) and there are always tons of seats all over the theatre. Prefered seating is definitly not needed.

Millionaire: Isn't it closed or closing soon?

Muppet Vison3D: everything I said about Tought to Be a Bug holds true for the Muppets

Aladdin: I'm betting you have perfered seating at the Aladdin show, which still plays over at DCA, and not Aladdin's Oasis. It's a great show and usually has large crowds. This is the only show that perfered seating seems to be worth having. Although you can usually get a front seat if you show up a little earlier and there are magor beinifits to getting seating in the top/back area

Lani
08-18-2004, 09:49 AM
That property has been the Tahitian Terrace since the early 60's! :geek:Actually, you're missing a step. Tahitian Terrace closed in 1993, when it reopened as Aladdin's Oasis, and they started serving North African food. It converted to the storytelling show in 1996.

Mukta
08-18-2004, 09:51 AM
From what I understand, it used to be a restuarant where occassionally characters form Aladdin would have a show. Now the restaurant part is closed, but they still do the show. I haven't seen the show, but I think it is a storytelling show.

disney mom
08-18-2004, 09:57 AM
:D yes now looking at the package I see it is at California Adventure not at Disneyland. I'm sad to say Sami869 MIllionaire will be closed when we visit and from what Iv'e read so will Muppet Vision 3D. :mad: Sorry about the mix up everyone.

DisneylandForever
08-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Actually, you're missing a step. Tahitian Terrace closed in 1993, when it reopened as Aladdin's Oasis, and they started serving North African food. It converted to the storytelling show in 1996.

Thanks Lani! I actually knew that, I just didn't write it because A) my post was more in reference to the early days, and B) I'm in denial that the Terrace ever went away! Didn't you see the way I ended my post? :p

I ate at the Alladin's Oasis a few times when it was a dinner show. I actually have the whole show on video. It was not bad, pretty interactive. But the food wasn't great (I don't like nuts or raisins in my rice). And NOTHING could successfully replace the Tahitian Terrace!

Bring back the Tahitian Terrace!

CoasterChickie
08-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Disney Mom- Aladdin is a great show and Sami869 mentioned that the seats up in the back can be good too...that's because you'll have a great view of the flying magic carpet ride! :)

disney mom
08-18-2004, 11:22 AM
THANK YOU all for your good tips and knowledge .So many of you on this board have helped made our trip planning so much easier and a whole lot more interesting than just looking up things on the internet.I thank you all for all your help. :)

Hakuna Makarla
08-18-2004, 02:11 PM
What exactly is Aladdin's oasis is a ride a show?The reason I Ask is because we have preferred setting to this show. :confused: Just wondering because it says its closed for refirb.When we purchased our package 2 months ago it came whith preferred seating to It'ts Tough to be a Bug,Millionaire,Muppet Vison3D,and Aladdin.so now if the aladdin show is now closed to the only preferred seating we have is It's tough to be a bug.Kinda sad :(
we have the same package, its the musical show, not aladdins oasis. I can not wait to see it all yeah!!
5 days and ummmm so a hours now to go LOL!

Hakuna Makarla
08-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Disney Mom- Aladdin is a great show and Sami869 mentioned that the seats up in the back can be good too...that's because you'll have a great view of the flying magic carpet ride! :)
I may prefer back seats in case the little one gets to antsy. so there pretty good to? (Hey your avatar is so cute!!!! )

Disneyfreak
08-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Get rid of that stupid Aladdins Oasis and bring back family entertainment and awesome food. GO TEHITIAN TERRACE!!!! Hopefully Matt is reading these posts about bringing back Tehitian Terrace because that place ruled. If he brings it back he will be genious in my book. That restaurant was always booked and you needed reservations to get in. I have no idea why they got rid of it in the first place.