PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Room Holiday Rumor

Pages : [1] 2

GoldenEars
08-17-2004, 11:45 PM
That's right, I said rumor, so plz don't get mad at me for bringing this up! :D But I over-heard a few cast members talk about what Disney plans on doing with the Tiki Room once it re-opens next year.

Apparently, they want to do a holiday theme over-lay for 2005! Almost like a Christmas in Hawaii theme. Personally, if they did something like that I would suspect it go over well. They already have 2 hits with SW and HM, so why not do it with the Tiki Room...it would be very creative and fun! Can't you just see the birds in little Santa hats or something, LOL!

But hey, it's only a rumor. Altho it would be great if it came true! :D

What are your thoughts on the idea?

sdfilmcritic
08-18-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm thinking of José (the parrot?) with his Spanish accent perform a Christmas in Hawaii show. Talk about doing a cross culture performance.

stan4d_steph
08-18-2004, 05:16 AM
If they sing "Melikalikimaka" I'd go.

DisneylandForever
08-18-2004, 06:40 AM
That is a cool idea. I think it would be real fun. I would definitely see it if they ended up doing that.

AVP
08-18-2004, 06:53 AM
There have been rumors of a Lili & Stitch-theme overlay for the Tiki Room for a while, and supposedly Steve Davison has already pitched the idea to the Power That Be.

We'll see - maybe after HMH goes away, but I'm not holding my breath.

AVP

sami869
08-18-2004, 08:04 AM
We'll see - maybe after HMH goes away

Is the HMH going away anytime soon?

Opus1guy
08-18-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm thinking of José (the parrot?) with his Spanish accent perform a Christmas in Hawaii show. Talk about doing a cross culture performance.

If you insist. ;)

Tokyo Disneyland. Mickey and Minnie (originally U.S. icons), dressed in South American garb, singing the Brazilian tune "The Girl From Ipanema" in Japanese!!

That was fun.

Forbin
08-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Is the HMH going away anytime soon?
Rumor is 2004 is the last year for HMH and it moves to WDW

disneyperson
08-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Noooooo!!!!!!!!

mystycalchyk
08-18-2004, 09:32 AM
As long as they dont do to DL's Tiki Room what they did to WDW's.

I was so depressed when I left the show in WDW. I hated it. Couldnt wait to get back to my beloved DL.

Disney Vault
08-18-2004, 09:49 AM
I thought they were going to test it at WDW and then if it was popular they would make there own. Is that not true?

disneyperson
08-18-2004, 10:57 AM
As long as they dont do to DL's Tiki Room what they did to WDW's.

I was so depressed when I left the show in WDW. I hated it. Couldnt wait to get back to my beloved DL.
In July I asked the Tiki Room cm if she knew what kind of renovation it would be. She was certain it would just a major clean up and repair, which it needs, and perhaps some upgrades to the lobby. She said the show wouldn't change. I hope she was right.

TikiGeek
08-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Holiday overlay.....O.K. whatever! Yea, that might be kind of cool :) - but please don't change the "original" (yes, I know it has changed over the years) theme/program to what WDW has or some other variant. I'm open to change but would it please be possible to preserve some of the parks heritage. Sheesh!

mystycalchyk
08-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I hope she was right.

As do I ....as. do .I. :crying:

Refurb? sure thing! Clean up? yessiree! Limited time Holiday redo (ala HMH)? why not :) Turn it into the hip hop nightmare that is WDW's Tiki Room? kill me first.

TP2000
08-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Jose could lead everyone in singing Feliz Navidad, and then the Glee Club and the three other parrots could all sing Melikelikimaka and several other Christmas hits. I'm thinking a few of those early 60's Beach Boys and surfin' Christmas songs like Little Saint Nick, etc.

A Christmas show could definitely work well in the Tiki Room!

And I don't believe for one minute that they are going to "send" our HMH to WDW. They certainly might add a new HMH to WDW, but it won't be at the expense of our show here in California.

TikiGeek
08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
I think this would be a great opportunity to make the Enchanted Tiki Room politically correct:

Jose, Michael, Fritz and Pierre are clearly nationalistic stereotypes. Like when Jose says “I think somebody left the chower running” That’s rascism! :mad:
The Glee Club are nothing more than subservient song birds that sing for the pleasure of the male birdy pigs! :~D
The Tiki Gods…all male. Why no Tiki Goddesses??? :confused:
What’s up with that!!! :D

Disney Vault
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
I think this would be a great opportunity to make the Enchanted Tiki Room politically correct:

Jose, Michael, Fritz and Pierre are clearly nationalistic stereotypes. Like when Jose says “I think somebody left the chower running” That’s rascism! :mad:
The Glee Club are nothing more than subservient song birds that sing for the pleasure of the male birdy pigs! :~D
Are you serious? I really really hope you are joking.

Alex S.
08-18-2004, 02:18 PM
At least three of the gods are goddesses:

Tongaroa-Ru
Hina Kuluna
Pele

I can't remember if Koro is male or female.

(And yes, I know you're joking.)

nursemelis374
08-18-2004, 02:55 PM
To balance the whole male-female thing, maybe they could just hand a dole whip to all us ladies as we walk in the theater. That could balance for the demeaning our sex receives in the form of the Glee Club! ;)

TikiGeek
08-18-2004, 03:19 PM
At least three of the gods are goddesses:

Tongaroa-Ru
Hina Kuluna
Pele

I can't remember if Koro is male or female.

(And yes, I know you're joking.)
You are correct. But if you notice, they keep them on the outside of the room, they're not allowed "inside". What's up with that???

BTW - Koro is not sure if it is male or female (nuff said ;) )

Oh also, you are correct in the assumption that I am joking. This is what happens when I am Tiki Room deprived :p.

Disneyfreak
08-18-2004, 03:23 PM

Dont even joke about changing the audio of the attraction. People like that got pirates of the caribbean changed the way it is in that one scene.

iwannabeanimagineer
08-18-2004, 03:31 PM
How about a "Walt Disney's Original" overlay? Oh ya, that would pretty much be exactly as it is now!

And they could do the same on the Pirates, restoring them to their original condition and it wouldn't hurt me one bit.

Crispy
08-18-2004, 03:32 PM
(In reference to a Tiki Room Holiday show) . . . I just got this image in my head of the birds singing, "Dreidl, dreidl, dreid, I made you out of clay......"

Cris

Mark Goldhaber
08-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Rumor is 2004 is the last year for HMH and it moves to WDW
The last I heard, HMH (new copy) was offered to WDW and they turned it down. The props that were to be built for WDW were instead built for the TDL Mansion, and it debuts there this year.

I had thought that DL's HMH was going to continue, but that the merchandise events were going away. Maybe I had that part wrong.

sdfilmcritic
08-18-2004, 11:52 PM
To balance the whole male-female thing, maybe they could just hand a dole whip to all us ladies as we walk in the theater. That could balance for the demeaning our sex receives in the form of the Glee Club! ;)
Even thought I'm a guy, I love your thinking.