PDA

View Full Version : New Music on Space Mountain?

Lost Boy
11-14-2001, 07:34 PM
A friend of mine at work spent the day at Disneyland yesterday. He is an avid Disney fan as am I. He has been many times and has ridden Space Mountain many times, and is quite familier with the Dick Dale Soundtrack. He rode it twice yesterday and said that definately was not Dick Dale playing the soundtrack. It sounded more Techno oriented.

Does anybody know about this?:confused:

blubayou33
11-14-2001, 09:02 PM
This might be a clue: Backstage I saw what was obviously a new Space Mountain rocket: purple and black with large speakers on either side of the headrest. Perhaps Disney
is jumping the gun a little on the 50th rehab? (sigh) I miss the retro SM already.

mrfantasmic
11-15-2001, 02:17 PM
I was told by a cast member in April that they would be getting new rockets in "about a month."
HA!
But maybe they are moving ahead with the new rockets...

LIMANDL4EVA
11-15-2001, 02:47 PM
i find it kinda hard to believ that they are replacing rockets, im mean budgets cuts and all, plus the 50th i s coming up and the SM paris is roumered, so why would they even replace the rockets, but if they did, that actually makes a bit of sense since they have beem having problems with the music in the past, I have ridden SM hudreds upon hundres of times, so i wont believe the music until al tells us or i hear it

Ralph Wiggum
11-15-2001, 03:12 PM
Click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/m111501.htm) to read about what that new rocket you saw backstage is. David Koenig has a whole article on it. Its for innoventions.

coronamouseman
11-15-2001, 03:24 PM
Just what we need - a NEW soundtrack that will probably only work part of the time........

Just kidding - hopefully the new cars will allow the sound system to work well for long stretches of time .........

MickeyD
11-15-2001, 03:44 PM
I think there are new rockets for SM as well as the rocket for Innoventions. The rockets mentioned in this thread are purple and black and the rocket in Koenig's article is gold/silver.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-15-2001, 03:51 PM
thanks for clearing the two up mickey D

Ralph Wiggum
11-15-2001, 04:00 PM
I still have a feeling they are for the same thing but we'll see in the future i guess!

MickeyD
11-15-2001, 04:03 PM
Yeah, but I've read (elsewhere, I think??) that they've had the new purple and black rockets for space since like August. And the CM in Koenig's refers to the purple rockets for space. But anyway, just cuz they HAVE the rockets doesn't mean they will actually do the rehab and put them in.

tabacco
11-15-2001, 04:51 PM
blubayou33: where, backstage? Were they sitting out and bagged somewhere, or indoors?

blubayou33
11-16-2001, 07:51 AM
The rocket was housed in a building backstage on the westside. I'm not really familiar with that area but it was in one of the workshops as you walk from the splash gates towards winston gate, on your right side.

tabacco
11-16-2001, 08:33 AM
Oh, okay. I know where you mean. Back sorta where they're building the new TSI raft, right?

I'll have to go inspect next time I'm around :)

Lost Boy
11-16-2001, 06:27 PM
Can we get back on track here about the original question. I really need to know about new music playing NOW as my freind said he heard last week. I don't really care about cars sitting out in back of someplace that are for Innoventions new exhibit on Roller Coaster Ultimate Ride Game. I Have the game and am tired of it already. I really want to know if anyone else has heard the new music, and can identifiy it, and if anyone knows why the Dick Dale music is gone? Please!!!

mrfantasmic
11-18-2001, 11:05 AM
My brother is at the park with CADA today, so I'll ask him if the soundtrack is different.

Uncle Dick
11-18-2001, 03:42 PM
I rode Space Mountain today and it was the same ol', same ol', but hey, at least it was working. I did notice that padding had been added to the back of the headrests to prevent those nasty concussions that can crop up from time to time.