PDA

View Full Version : Anything Pressler/Harriss did to IMPROVE DLR?

sediment
08-17-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm at a loss, but I'm a poster of little brain.
Someone doublecheck the employment records: I have PP starting at DL in 1994, leaving in 2002.

Think, think, think,...

CH, 1997 - 2003.

Anything? Anyone?

(Shortest. Thread. Ever.)

SCUBAbe
08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
I LOVE DCA and the electric parade is there..:) The GCH is awesome. There are a lot of very fun rides at DCA. I love the new parking structure. It makes it easier to get into and out of the resort. DTD is prett cool. Were NBC is amazing. It's one of my favorites.

oh, and they give all of us sooo much to talk about...LOL (j/k)

imagineerhopeful
08-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Indy opened in '95, but the actual go ahead in concept and construction came much before '94...

Pictures in Space Mtn.

And the lil soda booth in tomorrowland that shot your drink up like a rocket. Boy, did I have my fun with that.. wee..... :geek:

Edit to remove quote.

hefferdude
08-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Leave? :p

TheMur
08-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Haunted Mansion Holiday

Snow after the holiday fireworks

mmmmmm..............

Photographer
08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
(sounds of grasshoppers in the dark)

newhdplayer
08-17-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm at a loss, but I'm a poster of little brain.
Someone doublecheck the employment records: I have PP starting at DL in 1994, leaving in 2002.

Think, think, think,...

CH, 1997 - 2003.

Anything? Anyone?

(Shortest. Thread. Ever.)
No.

merlinjones
08-17-2004, 08:40 PM
1) Disneyland Forever CD Kiosks (Pressler)

2) Rancho deZocalo redecoration (Harriss)

3) Return of Moonliner (Pressler)

4) Small World returns to original Blair color scheme (Harriss)

5) Repaving project

6) Haunted Mansion Holiday (Harriss)

7) Believe! Fireworks (Harriss)

That's about all I can think of, and not nearly enough to make up for everything they destroyed.

AlxVision360
08-17-2004, 08:53 PM
That's about all I can think of, and not nearly enough to make up for everything they destroyed.Well then, I think that would qualify as a "no." :p

Now, let me see...hmmm...um...

nope.

I can't thing of anything either. Oh waitaminute...er...

no, never mind...

:confused:

TP2000
08-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Christmas at Disneyland was much improved under Pressler/Harriss.

The new parking structure and freeway access was much improved under Pressler/Harriss.

AP's got a whole lot cheaper (adjusted for inflation and the tiered system they introduced) under Pressler/Harriss.

That's all I could come up with.

tod
08-18-2004, 07:04 AM
5) Repaving project

I hate the bricks. The concrete with the pebbles pressed into it and the great big slabs of red sidewalk that sat on resilient rubber were much friendlier to your feet -- and more characteristic of Disneyland -- than the little bricks that are easier to maintain and easier to replace if they break or crack. The bricks were a business decision, not an aesthetic one, and I don't like 'em a bit.

--t

spectromen
08-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Thank you! I agree. I can't understand why they've poured so much money into repaving the park with bricks. It's a pain in the [del.] when you have a wheelchair party (which I almost always do) and I miss the different colored slurries throughout the park. I bet the parade performers are mighty sick of bricks too.

SCUBAbe
08-18-2004, 07:39 AM
Thank you! I agree. I can't understand why they've poured so much money into repaving the park with bricks. It's a pain in the [del.] when you have a wheelchair party (which I almost always do) and I miss the different colored slurries throughout the park. I bet the parade performers are mighty sick of bricks too.
it must be tough on all those strollers also. I ahven't notices any bricks expect in the entry plaza. I'll hav to pay attention next time. Maybe thats why my feet hurt more than normal last time...LOL

crinklebat
08-18-2004, 10:02 PM
I know it's got a poor rep at the moment, but for high-demand rides, I still think FastPass is a godsend for people who can't get to the park that much.

CalgonMoment
08-20-2004, 08:44 AM
I am not sure when this happened. It has been years since I visited Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, but the new format there is incredible. My last visit in Jan/04 a CM recommended it and it was wonderful! Kudos to whoever took advantage of new technology to update that experience. Also I was thrilled to get to do the Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes. I had thought that childhood experience was gone forever!

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:35 AM
ok so maybe they did something but being the greedy little self-centered people that they are they couldnt actually invest enough money into any of the projects to make them worth it.....i mean do you realise that DCA was supposed to be way different then epcot but still have that same level of intensity? oh yeah it definetly turned out like that didnt it? Okay so maybe they did a LITTLE good but not enough to have put them in the Disney Hall of fame.................i'm am SO HAPPY that we finally have someone in charge that knows what their doing!

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:37 AM
okay i didnt really mean that about pressler and harris.....they just p/o me thats all........ :|