PDA

View Full Version : Funny Indy story to share

sdfilmcritic
08-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Warning: If this isn't even a chuckler of a story, don't blame me. It was one of those "you had to be there" stories.

Last weekend I went to DL with three friends of mine. Upon arriving at the front of the line for Indiana Jones one of the three friends asked to sit in the drive seat. There were only two seats available in the front row, so the CM had to split us up. The one friend and his girlfriend sat in the front so he could get the driver seat. I sat in the back row with my third friend. Once inside and another CM was checking our seatbelts I thought of being a joker by yelling to the front: "Driver! You suck!" (Kind of like at a hockey game when the crowd behind the goalie's net taunts him.) A couple of the other passengers in the car chuckled a little.

Once in the ride our car "temporarily stalled" at the end of the poisonous darts hallway for a good thirty seconds. (We stopped because there was a vehicle still in the next zone ahead of us and hadn't exited yet. Refer to "ride zones" or "cascading".) Whenever an Indy car sits idling in a situation like this the car does one of many things which includes the idle engine noises as the car lightly vibrates like a deisel engine or even the engine "dies" on you and has to be "restarted" like it did in our case. When the engine turned off and then had trouble restarting I was too tempted. I couldn't help but yelling out a second time "Driver! You SUCK!" This cause a good laugh among everbody in the vehicle.

One of the other people sitting in the front asked if my driver friend even had his license yet. His girlfriend replied "Just barely!" Oh, the pleasure of teasing, taunting, and sarcasm among friends and backseat drivers.

Photographer
08-17-2004, 05:09 AM
Sounds like good times. :cool: I haven't driven the jeep in years. (lowers head in shame)

Pedro2NR
08-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Thats a cool story. Glad to hear that everyone in the car was having a good time.

imagineerhopeful
08-17-2004, 12:15 PM
I always thought it would be cool to plop a CM at the wheel and Speil out the ride as a loony underage driver. Think Jungle Cruise mixed with rex from star tours. =)

If I ever became an Indy CM I'd do it for free on my breaks. Make my own speil to fit the mara doom theme and stuffs.

After the short burst of acceleration before the three door scene: "Brakes on left, Gas on right.... got it... *cheezy smile*"

sdfilmcritic
08-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I always thought it would be cool to plop a CM at the wheel and Speil out the ride as a loony underage driver. Think Jungle Cruise mixed with rex from star tours. =)
If you ever a Jungle Cruise CM about what it's like to do a lengthy spell on the boat they might reply with a joke about seeing it all over and over and over again. I'll doubt there would ever be a CM willing to ride Indy for more than three consecutive times in a row while trying to scream out a spiel louder than the sound effects and music all while trying to hold their lunch in while the hydraulics are trying to shake the heck out of the CM. Quite a few CMs would mention they get the swaying feeling after just getting out of a Jungle Cruise boat if they been on it for too long. I can imagine it would be worse for Indy. Plus, it's one less seat available for guests.

It's a cool thought you had, but not viable.

smartypants723
08-18-2004, 12:35 AM
haha, that must be fun. I had sorta the same experience.

I remember one time, when I was on that ride with my younger cousins, I was sitting on the first row, sitting where the wheel was, and before we entered poisonous darts hallway, our vehicle was stalled. So, we were in total darkness and the only thing we heard was the sound of the engine running on and off. Since my cousins knew I was sitting in the driver's seat, they were yelling, "Helen, drive!! What's wrong?!' *sighs* :rolleyes: :D

Then, when we reached to the part where Indiana Jones was hanging on rope, we were temporarily stalled right before the time when the boulders comes rolling forward. So, as the vehicle was stalled almost below the Indiana Jones hanging on the rope, one people in our vehicle made a comment, saying, "Indiana, hurry up and jump in the car! Quick!" lol

Haha, the stalls sometimes does kill the continuous suspense of the ride, but it's not so bad when people make the best out of the situation. :)

~Helen :D

DrIndianaJones
08-23-2004, 06:03 PM
There was one time that it was a young boy in the driver's seat. When we got out I hopped out a head of him and held out my hand and said "Give me the keys...you're grounded." His parents gave a big laugh and come of the cast members chuckled.

Susan L
08-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Good story, sounds like you guys had fun.

splashmtngurl
08-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Lol when i was in third grade (2000) we went to DL for the first time and i rode indiana with a child switch pass and was set in the drivers seat..i thought i was driving and i was so terrified that i didnt open my eyes untill the ball started rolling and that pushed me over the edge.....of course iw as fine when i rode it later on but still riding in the drivers seat is scary (ashamed)