PDA

View Full Version : The best Ariel I've seen so far

sdfilmcritic
08-16-2004, 11:37 PM
I was at DL (again!) last Sunday [8/15] and watched the Parade of Stars. The woman who was portraying Ariel was the best one I've seen so far. I think she must have had 5 cans of Mountain Dew before the parade because watching her wave to the crowd was like watching The Little Mermaid in fast forward. But she did look like Ariel and she had the teen-like energy.

I don't know if this has been common practice for the parade, but I noticed she was the first Ariel I've seen in the park without the flesh colored shirt that would cover her stomach. Looks like a controversy! A Disney face character who wears a real life bikini top and no flesh colored shirt just like the cartoon counterpart! Oh wait. I've seen Jasmine signing autographs sometimes with the midriff and no flesh covered shirt. :| I knew that.

stan4d_steph
08-17-2004, 05:03 AM
I don't know if this has been common practice for the parade, but I noticed she was the first Ariel I've seen in the park without the flesh colored shirt that would cover her stomach. The parade Ariel and meet and greet Ariel both go without the flesh-colored top. The Fantasmic! Ariel wears the top. I think Fantasmic!Ariel wears the top because of her movement during the show and also because it's probably a lot colder on a moving barge.

sdfilmcritic
08-17-2004, 05:35 AM
The parade Ariel and meet and greet Ariel both go without the flesh-colored top. The Fantasmic! Ariel wears the top. I think Fantasmic!Ariel wears the top because of her movement during the show and also because it's probably a lot colder on a moving barge.
Don't forget the meet and greet does wear the top during the colder months of the year. I got a picture with her in the Grotto next to the Matterhorn in early November and she was wearing a long sleeved top.

08-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Are you two-timing Belle, sdfilmcritic? Spill!

Edited to add: Belle would take Ariel in a catfight, I'm thinking.

sdfilmcritic
08-17-2004, 06:40 AM
Are you two-timing Belle, sdfilmcritic? Spill!

Catfight? Don't you mean Catfish? Ha, ha!

So, a catfight, huh? Did someone say Celebrity Boxing on Fox? You all will HAVE to get me front row and center for that fight!! Both of them have a strength to use as a benefit. Ariel has both spunk and a fishtale. Do you know how strong and powerful fish and whale tales are? They have to propel the whole body weight through water, so it naturally builds muscle. But then Belle is smart and reads a lot of books, so I'm sure she has read up on books about strategy in fights and martials arts and stuff like that. This could be a very interesting fight! :D

CoasterChickie
08-17-2004, 06:52 AM

I'm sure that depends on whether the fight takes place on land or underwater. :~D

Someone needs to fix sdfilmcritic up on a date with a little redhead! :)

Opus1guy
08-17-2004, 10:39 PM
My "Best Ariel" story (although switching coasts)...

I'm at Hooter's on Kirkman Ave (near Universal) in Orlando, and our waitress has what I think are really great facial characteristics of Ariel. Her hair is all wrong but her face and voice are what I think would make her a great Ariel.

I tell her as much and she says some of her family and friends have said the same. She's also sharp, on-the-ball, a good impromptu conversationalist, and has had some acting experience. So I whip out my cell phone and call up a friend of mine who at that time worked in WDW Entertainment and tell him about this gal and ask if he's interested. "Sure. Have her call me and we'll get her in for a look-see."

So I ask her if she would be interested in actually playing Ariel. "Oh yeah!" she said.

Long story short...she called...she went...they loved her...and I later saw her as Ariel onstage several times. She was just perfect. In all departments. ;)

Not that she was bad as a Hooter's girl or anything like that! ;) (I believe she kept that job too)

sdfilmcritic
08-17-2004, 11:16 PM
A Hooters waitress as Ariel? The last time I visited Hooters in Anaheim my server could have passed as a Jessia Simpson look-a-like.

End of Hooters discussion before this thread goes in to a whole different direction.

disneyperson
08-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Speaking of characters and their shirts. Let's get that stupid white shirt off of Alladin. Everyone knows he should wear just the vest.

sdfilmcritic
08-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Someone needs to fix sdfilmcritic up on a date with a little redhead! :)
Anybody working in Entertainment wanna "hook a brother up"? Whom ever is available (Belle or Ariel) would be more than fine with me. :D

GrumpyUTboi
08-19-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm partial to Snow White, but the last time I was there Cinderella was looking MIGHTY fine! As for Ariel she did not look anything like her. She was heavier built compared to the cartoon, but whom am I to speak? Jasmine at the same time had SOOO much makeup on I wondered what she looked like underneath it all.

But nothing compares to Coaster_Chickie and all the other ladies here on the board. We should have a contest of who looks most like Disney characters. I think that I would be Grumpy, hence the nickname. I'm probably as tall as what Grumpy is.

splashmtngurl
08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
belle is my favorite character.....infact when i'm old enough i want to work at DL and possibly be Belle.hmm.......i love seeing the little girls faces light up when they see a princess....its so cute!

And were you saying that one Ariel was overweight? hmm sounds to me like she's been sitting on her shell for way to long.....she does need some legs perhaps to burn calories with? ;) :~D

sdfilmcritic
08-20-2004, 06:49 AM
I'll be going to DL again soon, so I will try and get a photo of the girl I'm refering to if she's in the parade again. If I get the shot I'll post a link to the photo for you all to see what I'm talking about.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:44 AM