PDA

View Full Version : How long is Fantasmic and Fireworks?

shalisat
08-16-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm curious to know how long the Fantasmic show lasts and how long the fireworks last. If one were to see the early Fantasmic showing 9:00, would they be able to see the fireworks at 9:25?

splashmtngurl
08-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Yes you would be able to see the Fantasmic show (a night-time spectacular) and then still have time to see the fireworks but it would be a bit of a time crunch (about five minutes). If you catch the 9:00 showing of fantasmic ( approximatly 20 mins) you will have about minutes to hop over and see the fireworks. Of course if you will be racing the crowds and its possible you will not get a great viewing spot within that amount of time. If your going for a few days i suggest the following...

one night go over to california adventure around 9:00 (i believe) and get a spot to watch the famous electrical light parade. When the parade is over walk to disneyland and get a seat for fantasmic (10:00 viewing).

get a seat at about 9:00 for the fireworks right on the benches at the hub. Pick up a a bag of popcorn and watch the show. (if you havent had enough of fantasmic you can watch them again another night)

hope that helps!

stan4d_steph
08-16-2004, 03:39 PM
You can also stay near the River and watch the fireworks from there. They play the sound on the Fantasmic! sound system. You won't be able to see the castle from there, but it's a good spot and you won't have to fight the crowd.

jasonpbyu
08-16-2004, 03:54 PM
not seeing the castle right now is no bid deal since it is covered in tarps :fez:

Forbin
08-16-2004, 04:09 PM
You also can't see Tinkerbell from Fantasmic Either. But does she run over the Tarp?

sediment
08-16-2004, 04:24 PM
It's possible to see Tink. She lands between Pinocchio and BTMRR.
If you're on the far west side, around HM or so, then the trees on TSI will block some of the lower effects.
I don't know how far east you can go in Frontierland or NOS and still see Fantasmic!. But that's where you'd have to be in order to beat the crowd.
You could try the train, but it would probably have to be right at the station, and you're stuck with the crowds again.

sdfilmcritic
08-16-2004, 05:40 PM
It's possible to see Tink. She lands between Pinocchio and BTMRR.
This last weekend I was in a HUGE argument with a friend about the landing spot of Tink before the fireworks. She INSISTED that Tink landed on Tom Sawyer Island. I told her that was too far and Tink landed behind the Castle. She thought I meant literally behind the Castle (i.e. where the Sword in the Stone ceremony is held). The arguement ended when we walked through the shortcut toward Frontierland I pointed out that the wire must stop right behind the bushes and trees that reside between the Castle and the large Barn front shortcut that leads to the Mexican food restaurant. I don't know what she was thinking about Tink landing ON Tom Sawyer Island. You would see the wire passing over BTMRR and the Rivers of America. I can just imaging Tink choking on the smoke from the Fantasmic finale and the show's audience wondering why Tink is crash landing right behind Mark Twain.

What really made me laugh was another friend of mine interjected his opinion in to our argument by suggesting that he believes Tink lands at the Haunted Mansion. Ha, ha! I know there supposed to be Magic in the Sky, but between Tom Sawyer's Island and HM I thought that would have to take A LOT of pixie dust.