PDA

View Full Version : Help, I've been black listed [lost AP]

lazythrillseeker
08-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Back in May I was in Las Vegas. I had a little too much to drink and dropped my purse. The contents spilled out on the floor of the club. One of the items missing is my premium pass. I called in July to book a room at the hotel and told them my pass was missing. I was told " No problem, I just needed to pay $20 for a replacement. " When I got there, I was told my pass was revoked for someone trying to use it. I have left several messages , knowone has returned my calls. I don't know what to do. Is this fair that I should be punished for someone elses actions? Help!!!!

Opus1guy
08-16-2004, 08:19 AM
It's probably not fair. But considering all the folks that do try to pass-off their pass to another, you probably just got automatically stuck in with the deadbeats. Especially if the person that attempted to use your pass gave an "excuse" like, "Well, my friend said it would be okay to use it!"

I'd keep trying on the phone or write a letter of explanation to Disneyland to get off the list.

On the bright side, if Disneyland kept a record of the true identity of the person that attempted to use your pass, it could eventually lead the police to your other missing items.

They may have just confiscated the pass however, and just shooed the perp away without any further questioning or checking of true ID.

dizkneephan60
08-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Did your call about replacement happen before someone tried to use your pass? If so make your self a time line for proof using your phone bill as evidence. Did you make a note of the call with the name of the person you spoke with? I am surprised to find out that your call was not noted on your account to the effect that your pass was 'MIA' and that you would be in to get a new one. Call the AP line and ask what the policies are in this instance. The person who tried to use your pass may have said that they had your permission to use it, in which case I could see it being revoked. Good Luck!

Opus1guy
08-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Well, according to the original post, she lost it in May but didn't call to report it or request a new one until July. I'm assuming that the fraudulent usage attempt was sometime in there before it was reported lost or stolen.

If it had been reported lost or stolen at the time it was lost, then I don't think she'd have a problem being blacklisted as that would be in her file prior to the attempt to use it.

It's likely the fact that it wasn't reported lost and then the fraudulent attempt, was what sparked Disneyland to assume it was passed to a friend. IMHO.

So now it's just a matter of telling Disneyland that they didn't notice it was missing until much later after the loss and clearing everything up.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 12:56 PM
You probably should have called right away, like you do with your credit cards, to tell them it was missing, so they could have put that in the computer and known that when the person tried to use it. I say definetly keep calling until you get someone on the phone!

David R
08-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I will say that if my AP was lost or stolen, I wouldn't find out until a month later or so being that I only visit every 1 to 1.5 months.

Hopefully writing a letter to Disneyland guest relations will help.

Good luck!

experiment626
08-28-2004, 09:43 PM
I agree it is very possible for many to lose their AP and not realize it for several months. I know I got my pass is April but did not visit again until July and then again not until November and then April again. So as you can see if I had lost my pass in May it could have been July before I realized it was missing.

I would try to speak to a supervisor/manager in guest relations about this. It is very unfair for them to "black list" you for losing your pass.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 11:22 PM
But if you keep it in your wallet and your wallet is stolen, would you not think about calling about it then? Just as you would with any other cards in your wallet?

BJW
08-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Incidentally, isn't it true that if you can prove that your pass was stolen with a police report they will wave the replacement fee? I heard this from someone once, just wondering if it was true or not?

rentayenta
08-29-2004, 05:34 AM
But if you keep it in your wallet and your wallet is stolen, would you not think about calling about it then? Just as you would with any other cards in your wallet?

Her wallet was not stolen. She dropped her purse when she was tipsy. Maybe it was heck of a hangover ;)

experiment626
08-29-2004, 09:29 AM
I left my purse at the movie theatre, and it was not until our next trip that I looked for my AP's luckily they were NOT in there and I found them. But if they had been in my purse I would not have realized it until I looked for them before our next trip.

But of course if one had known for sure that the AP was missing along with the misisng wallet / purse then they should call. But if they are like me there are lots of things in your purse and you may not remember what all is in there.

Opus1guy
09-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Any update on your blacklist situation, lazythrillseeker?

sierranevada
09-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey Opus1guy - completely off track here but I have a question - do you really like the comic Opus or do you have incredible taste in wine??

Opus1guy
09-10-2004, 06:27 AM
Hey Opus1guy - completely off track here but I have a question - do you really like the comic Opus or do you have incredible taste in wine??

It's the wine reference. Though there have been one or two vintages of Opus One that have been slightly less than stellar.

sierranevada
09-10-2004, 06:59 AM
It's one of my faves too!!