PDA

View Full Version : Show Reviews

CanucksRule
08-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I was just wondering if I could get some reviews of disnelyland resort shows and possibly pictures too.
Thanks

soccerlady16
08-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Fantasmic- a must see, the best show in DL history! Get there early, at least 1hr, if you want to have a good seat.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies @ the Golden Horseshore- very funny, its four guys that play bluegrass, they even do The Beatles blugrass style! a good way to save time too, you can have lunch {only if you want to} and watch the show at the same time

Snow White, an enchanted musical- Its OK, if you have a little princess she will love it, it is in a outdoor theater and the stage is beautiful. I've seen it once and that was enough for me

Buzz Lightyear- fun for the little kids only

Parade of the Stars- nothing special, charecters from various movies come out, Tarzan, Disney Princess..., you can actually be in the parade (thats fun!)about 30 min before the parade starts look for the bus along MAin Street with the "Parade Performers" banner and ask them.

Fireworks- great, they have a new air- launch system they is less smoky and the "sparkels" seem to last longer than regual fireworks.

Aladdin in DCA- great, inclosed theater, Aladdin and Jasmin fly over the crowd on the magic carpet during "a Whole new World "scene, the genie says a lot of jokes for the adults during the play

splashmtngurl
08-15-2004, 01:30 PM
also if your looking for some day-time entertainment its always fun to stop by the mainstreet theatre where you can watch old mickey shorts and the dapper dans are great to listen to while eating an ice cream from the gibson girls ice cream parlour!

CarlieB
08-15-2004, 06:14 PM
My absolute favourite is Billy Hill & the Hillbillies. We always see them at least twice when we're at DL (it's worth going a couple of times, as they have different "Billies" in the group, and they're all worth seeing). I won't give too much away, but it's a very funny show and those guys are seriously talented. You can combine it with a meal too (we usually do this) - the counter inside the Golden Horsehoe sells cheeseburgers, hotdogs and chilli fries, along with drinks and desserts:)

Fantasmic is also very impressive and definitely worth seeing.

Dlandmom
08-16-2004, 07:56 AM
My absolute favourite is Billy Hill & the Hillbillies.
I love the guys who do the comedy act outside the Golden Horseshoe...I can't remember their name. I haven't seen them in a little while, but I've got to imagine they're still there. They were definitely a crowd pleaser!

soccerlady16
08-16-2004, 10:59 AM
I forgot to mention the Electrical Parade in DCA. A disney classic, a must see if you've never seen it.

ChipmunkStar
08-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I love the guys who do the comedy act outside the Golden Horseshoe...I can't remember their name. I haven't seen them in a little while, but I've got to imagine they're still there. They were definitely a crowd pleaser!

That would be the Laughingstock Co.

dingdong2U
08-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Laughing Stock Company is correct. Incidentally, their performance times are finally listed in the Entertainment schedule handout that you get when you go through the turnstiles. You used to have to look in the "Castmember Reference Guide" to find out their performance times.

Oh, and for other entertainment choices check out "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire-Play It!" at Disney's California Adventure, now performing daily until this Friday, August 20th at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 4pm and 5pm. It's your last chance to try to win a cruise for 4 to the Bahamas! (Sorry, had to get that plug in...) ;)

Sunday's 5pm show had a really touching tribute for Ellen Horn by Ken Parks because it was her last performance day at the attraction. It also had some choice words from Ken Parks about the unfortunate closing of the attraction by management [and well deserved, the (bleeps)], but you really had to be there. The tribute was a nice way to say goodbye to one of the best performers at the resort and she will be missed very much.

Laughing Stock Co. is one of the better street performances in the park. If you ever are passing by the Golden Horseshoe when they are performing, stop by. You won't be disappointed (Ken Parks also puts in an excellent performance as the mayor when he's out there). The unique thing about the performances of the Laughing Stock Co. is that every show that day will be different. So, you theoretically could stop by outside the Golden Horseshoe several times and never see the same show twice. Always good times... :)

--- Mike

Dlandmom
08-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Yep, Laughing Stock. How could I have forgotten their name?!

They are hysterical. I've spent hours and hours hanging around the Golden Horseshoe just to make sure I caught a string of shows. It's wonderful!

OMG, Ken Parks is the mayor. Now I know why he looked so familiar in Millionaire!

AlohaJulie
08-17-2004, 02:54 PM
I'll have to put in a good word for Laughing Stock Co. too!

I finally caught their show last Sunday and the man playing Sally Mae was hilarious! Definitely worth the time standing in Frontierland.

SarahShep
08-17-2004, 03:01 PM
I'll have to put in a good word for Laughing Stock Co. too!

I finally caught their show last Sunday and the man playing Sally Mae was hilarious! Definitely worth the time standing in Frontierland.

Funny anecdote about the show when I was there in June...When the mayor has the audience members that are in the show repeating a bunch of lines (when they are re-enating the bank robbery), one of the people is supposed to say something about Sallie Mae being the prettiest filly...The audience member who was playing that part chose to say "fairy" instead of "filly" seeing as how Sallie Mae was actually a man. It took the mayor a minute to catch on to what he had said, and it was absolutely hysterical! Even the actors totally lost it and were cracking up!

AlohaJulie
08-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Funny anecdote about the show when I was there in June...The audience member who was playing that part chose to say "fairy" instead of "filly" seeing as how Sallie Mae was actually a man.

LOL! I saw the Department of Untapped Hilarity (another good show, btw) over at DCA yesterday and guess who I see? That same guy from Laughing Stock! He's even funnier over at DUH.

pboeoahr
08-21-2004, 08:46 PM
If you don't want to wait the hour for the show to start call ahead (30 days) and get a reservation for the balcony above NOS. We did this on our last trip and it was FANTASTIC!!! Much easier for my two daughters to see. Plus you get dessert :fez:

Cost is around $50/person though :eek:

PsychDoc
08-21-2004, 09:44 PM

I thought that I had read somewhere that this show was closing. Is this true?

AlohaJulie
08-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Haven't heard anything about Laughing Stock closing...
As of this past Sunday (the 22nd), the show still going.