PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Tower

thinktink
08-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know just how long (HTT) the ride actually is. And approximently how many times does it go up and down. Also has anyone eaten at the new mexican restaurant in DTD. I really liked Ariba Ariba but it was gone the last time I was there.

Photographer
08-14-2004, 05:08 PM
I think the elevator dropped 3 times maybe 4. You start at the top, drop, go up, drop, up, drop. But yu might not go to the top before each drop. It probably lasted 2-3 minutes total but for a chicken like me it seemed longer.

Haven't tried the new restauarant. I don't think any place could have as horrible service as Y Arriba Y Arriba did.

stan4d_steph
08-14-2004, 05:29 PM
For reviews on Tortilla Jo's see the MousePlanet review section (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants%2 0%2F%20Downtown%20Disney). You can also search for previous threads in this forum for reviews not posted to the review page.

Little tod
08-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I can tell you that Tortilla Jo's has a very nice bar menu. It's good snacky food. As for the actual restaurant...it's probably the same caliber.

Disneyfreak
08-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Their food is ok, but nothing beats mexican food in the LA area. It was also overpriced.

cstephens
08-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Also has anyone eaten at the new mexican restaurant in DTD. I really liked Ariba Ariba but it was gone the last time I was there.

I've got menus up for the three sections of Tortilla Jo's, the restaurant you mentioned. I've also got reviews up for each section as well. Here's the page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html) with the links. I ate at Y Arriba Y Arriba once and really did not enjoy it. The link to that review can be found on the page I linked to as well.

Disney Vault
08-16-2004, 09:00 AM
I really liked Ariba Ariba but it was gone the last time I was there.
My whole family hated Ariba Ariba. They person at the door was a man trying to get ppl to go in and it was like he was hitting on my dad and it freaked us out.

odnamraortsac
08-16-2004, 04:39 PM
How long is the ride? The attraction is two minutes long(from elevator door closing to elevator door opening). As for how many times it goes up and down, there are two short drops after viewing two scenes. Then you experience three trips up and down the elevator shaft. Trips one and three take you all the way to the top where the doors open and you are treated to the view. Trip two does not take you all the way to the top.