PDA

View Full Version : DCA burnt smell at the main entrance.

sdfilmcritic
08-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Can anyone tell me what really is that burnt coffee/popcorn smell around the Golden Gate bridge in the main entranceway of the DCA park. Where is the smell coming from? Everytime I visit the park it's pretty strong.

minniemom
08-14-2004, 04:43 AM
I always thought it was the waffle cones being made at the ice cream parlor. Maybe? :confused:

stan4d_steph
08-14-2004, 06:21 AM
It's roasting coffee. Check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=29559) and this one (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28916).

SCUBAbe
08-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Can anyone tell me what really is that burnt coffee/popcorn smell around the Golden Gate bridge in the main entranceway of the DCA park. Where is the smell coming from? Everytime I visit the park it's pretty strong.
ironically, although I have read many people complaining about it I have never noticed it. I even went in trying to smell it once. I asked 4 people with me if they smelled anything burning and they all said no....I will try to smell it again in two weeks...LOL

DisneyDustin22
08-14-2004, 08:50 AM
It could be the smell of all those guests money burning away when they enter. :~D (For all you DCA dissers out there) For the record I have never smelt anything there, and I have a good nose I think.

Susan L
08-14-2004, 09:30 AM
I noticed that the last time we were there. Its definately roasting coffee. Our neigbors have a coffee business they run out of the house. They roast their own coffee beans. It is the exact same smell

Jon Vincible
08-14-2004, 02:00 PM
I really dislike the smell. I mean don't get me wrong, i love coffee, but it reminds me of the time i was baking a lasagna and i forgot i had stashed my left over jack in the box in the back of the oven. So i had a house full of baked paper bag smell.

TikiGeek
08-14-2004, 02:32 PM
I really dislike the smell. I mean don't get me wrong, i love coffee, but it reminds me of the time i was baking a lasagna and i forgot i had stashed my left over jack in the box in the back of the oven. So i had a house full of baked paper bag smell.
^Syncronicity - I've had that experience before.
I think that smell is symbolic of California's over priced, over roasted coffee :p.
It's not a "happy/fun" smell like Main Street. MMM! - cinnamony...vanillay

The Lovely Mrs. tod
08-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I've always smelled it, it's definately roasting coffee.

I always figured that some suit thought it would be really cool to have the scent of roasting coffee beans wafting through the air as you come into DCA...I also think that whoever had that bright idea didn't know the difference between the smell of fresh roasting coffee beans and the smell of fresh brewing coffee.

Roasting coffee beans smell just like my coffee pot when there's only a half an inch of coffee left and I forget to turn the warming plate off.

DisneylandForever
08-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Can anyone tell me what really is that burnt coffee/popcorn smell around the Golden Gate bridge in the main entranceway of the DCA park.

In the defense of the Bay Area, the real GG Bridge smells much nicer. :p

splashmtngurl
08-15-2004, 12:23 PM
hmmmm cant say i've ever noticed it! perhaps its because i have this instant reaction when i walk into any themepark where i start nit-picking the park and pointing out its problems and forget everything else thats going on around me. Heehee my friends cant stand to come to our local themepark (silverwood and boulder beach water park) with me because i cant even have fun in the themepark portion because i'm to busy comparing it to DL and stuff! LOL i really need to work for Disney when i grow up, thats where i'm meant to be!

junglejoy
08-15-2004, 08:05 PM
I always thought it was the tortillas. It never occured to me it was roasting coffee!!!!!

Now I want a tortilla!