PDA

View Full Version : New firework show has my ears ringing!

ToursbabeC3po
08-13-2004, 09:43 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but have any of you noticed that the new fire work show is MUCH LOUDER? I thought I heard it was supposed to be environmentally friendly? How about noise pollution? Don't get me wrong I love the new show! I love the music, the fireworks, the whole thing, but the noise is terrible. I never use to be able to hear the fireworks in mission viejo and now we can and when I am at Star Tours it sounds like a war zone. We use to never be able to hear them that loud inside the building.
Toursbabe

Tinker Bell
08-13-2004, 10:35 AM
I live bout 15 min drive from Disneyland in the canyon.We use to not be able to hear it when we was inside.But now even inside we can ear it loud and clear..

MrTomMorrow
08-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Is it because of the new compressed air launching system? I always thought that should make the show quieter, since it's just air...

MrsG
08-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Love the big booms - but then again, I don't live near by.

AVP
08-13-2004, 01:40 PM
I can clearly hear the show 12 miles away in Lakewood.

AVP

CoasterChickie
08-13-2004, 08:06 PM
I can clearly hear the show 12 miles away in Lakewood.

AVP

You can hear it from 12 miles away?!
Does it hurt your ears?
Do you have a dog?
It would be really hard on his/her ears!

BriarRose
08-13-2004, 10:47 PM
The new firework show is up now?

AaronInCal
08-14-2004, 01:01 AM
The fireworks aren't louder because of the new compressed air launching, but because they are using larger firework shells this year. For Believe...There's Magic in the Stars, a good majority of the the shells that explode in the air were relatively small, and made little noise when exploding. This summer with Imagine, it seems like they opted for the larger shells up in the air to take the place of a lot of the lower-level fireworks that fire from the "9-line" right behind Toontown, since they do not use those type fireworks quite as much as they did with Believe. This was apparently done to reduce the amount of low-level smoke. This is all just my opinion from observing the changes in the fireworks shows at Disneyland probably way too often over the years.. :)

Drince88
08-14-2004, 03:31 AM
The new firework show is up now?
As AaronInCal mentioned, it used to be Believe, now it's Imagine, and there will be a different show all together for the 50th.

As mentioned, since the new shells/launch system are in part to reduce low-level smoke, it would make sense that they are doing bigger ones higher, which would cause the sound to travel farther.