PDA

View Full Version : No more annoying "fun" straws

DonaldDuck14
08-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Today at work, i notice my location has replaced those annoying straws that kids end up make as whistles with a straighter fun straw. There are no ridges to produce that high pitch noise thus elimination an ear shattering environment. The straws still continue to be "fun" as they magically change colors when in a different temperature, it's just they can be fun in a non-noisy way. So i believe this will be occurring resort-wide if all food locations that serve them haven't recieved a more quieter version of the straw yet. :)

SarahShep
08-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you to whomever it was who solved that problem! We had 6 kids with us under the age of 13 when we went in June and I can not begin to tell you how many times I wanted to strangle each and every one of them after they had finished their drinks and discovered that the stupid straw made noise!!

myron61090
08-13-2004, 03:43 AM
the straws made noise? how?

i wanna make noise too.........
I can not begin to tell you how many times I wanted to strangle each and every one of them after they had finished their drinks and discovered that the stupid straw made noise!!

uhhh... nevermind :D

MrsG
08-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Great!! Now if we could just get rid of those swords!!

Forbin
08-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Great!! Now if we could just get rid of those swords!!
At least you don't hear those POP guns they sell at Knotts...after hearing one in line for 15 minutes I was ready to strangle someone.

Dlandmom
08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Thank goodness my daughter didn't figure it out! She's already got enough whistling toys!

We're probably going next week, so I'll see what locations have switched over.

Ponine
08-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Thats funny... I remember when Bengal BBQ opened they had the color change straws...
I wonder if someone just tripped over some left over cases? :p

ToursbabeC3po
08-13-2004, 09:23 AM
There is a god and he heard my prayers!

disneyperson
08-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Yay!!!!! Those things drove me crazy,and I'm already crazy enough.

masilly1
08-13-2004, 01:02 PM
YES!!
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!

No more sitting next to a table with 4 kids all blowing as loud and long as they can on those things while trying to enjoy the Billie Hill show

ChipmunkStar
08-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Um yeah... Try being at Aladdin's Oasis when the little bra--- "angels" would be playing with their irritating noise straws DURING THE SHOW.

Annoying much? Yes. But try it 8 shows in a day of hearing those dang things... I hated em!!!

GrumpyUTboi
08-14-2004, 06:38 AM
Why is DL trying to stifle the creative juices of the young ones. Wasn't Mr. Disneys dream to let children expand their imagination? The straws are an outlet of musical creativity for the leaders of tomorrow. As each child produces what they believe to be beautiful music, we are taking a valuable instrument of building positive self-esteem away from the children.

It is the parents that should be smacked for letting their kids blow and make the aweful noise from those straws. When the drinks are done we take the straws and throw them away because I HATE that annoying sound!

sdfilmcritic
08-14-2004, 06:43 AM
Why is DL trying to stifle the creative juices of the young ones. Wasn't Mr. Disneys dream to let children expand their imagination? The straws are an outlet of musical creativity for the leaders of tomorrow. As each child produces what they believe to be beautiful music, we are taking a valuable instrument of building positive self-esteem away from the children.

It is the parents that should be smacked for letting their kids blow and make the aweful noise from those straws. When the drinks are done we take the straws and throw them away because I HATE that annoying sound!
Are you a music or art teacher by trade?

GrumpyUTboi
08-14-2004, 06:50 AM
No not a teacher of art or music. I do not have an artistic cell in my whole body.

odnamraortsac
08-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Hear, Hear! Those so called "Fun Straws" produce the most annoying sound in the the Disneyland Resort. Next to being trapped in the "Tower of Terror" with Pre-Teen girls competing with each other to see who can scream the loudest. That high-pitched squeel will drive you mad. At least you can avoid it by not riding the "Tower". You can't escape the "Fun Straws". They're everywhere!