PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday event merchandise info released

cstephens
08-11-2004, 04:08 PM
The merchandise available to attendees of this year's Haunted Mansion Holiday event is available here (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.evt?PKwebID=0x95586508), so presumably, anyone signed up for the event will be getting this info directly soon.

Niwel
08-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Was there that much Dr. Finklestein stuff last year? Or is there more this time because of his apperance in the attic?

Wendi
08-11-2004, 06:29 PM
I wish I could have a full size bonedeer!!! How cool is that???

cstephens
08-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Was there that much Dr. Finklestein stuff last year? Or is there more this time because of his apperance in the attic?

I don't think so, but I don't really remember. Honestly, if it's not something I'm interested in, I don't necessarily remember it. I'm a casual "Nightmare" fan, so I'm really only interested in Jack and Zero, and I'm not interested in the ornaments which seem to have been very prevalent for these events, so I couldn't begin to tell you who has been on the ornaments in previous years. I figure that they're just making their way through the various characters. It's the fourth year of the event, and I know I've stood in Le Bat en Rouge and heard people talking about why isn't there merchandise for this or that "Nightmare" character, but I figure there's quite a few characters so it takes a while to feature each of them.

Dlandmom
08-12-2004, 06:34 AM
I like the Scary Teddy bobble!

MansionAddict
08-12-2004, 06:44 AM

Is there somewhere that describes the ride layout for this year, and what is different from last year?

stan4d_steph
08-12-2004, 06:54 AM
I like the bonedeer model and the fact that you need to consult a hazardous materials expert before altering it in any way.

LOYL2DZNY
08-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Is there somewhere that describes the ride layout for this year, and what is different from last year?

it looks to me that the added change this year might be dr finklestein & the bonedeer. they've added something new each year so i'm thinking that might be it.

MansionAddict
08-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Thanks LOYL2DZNY. Last year was my first year and I thought the Oogie theme was really fun. I was just wondering if it would be same, or have a different theme this year when i go in October.

LOYL2DZNY
08-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Thanks LOYL2DZNY. Last year was my first year and I thought the Oogie theme was really fun. I was just wondering if it would be same, or have a different theme this year when i go in October.

no problem! we've gone every year it's been there so we always notice what's new/old/different. i love the HMH overlay and hope that it NEVER goes away! my 4 year old daughter LOVES that movie, all the characters and the ride! she's grown up with it since she was about 1.
we're planning our next trip for halloween. it's my hubby's bday on halloween and he wants to go there. i told him we can't afford it, but i am secretly planning the trip as his gift. he will be soooo surprised!
ok, i'll stop rambling now. a little off the subject. sorry!

cstephens
08-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Turns out the RSP is done only online, which I kind of like. I've been wondering when they were going to start doing that since it eliminates the hassle of the paper.

olegc
08-12-2004, 11:53 AM
As far as themes go -
Year 1 was a lot of Jack and the basic elements of the ride (black decorations, skull wreaths, jack in the boxes instead of hitchhiking ghosts)
Year 2 brought in the Cymbal Monkees in the Attic, and a couple of minor tweaks. Different music too. Year 1 did not have the Elfman official score or soundtrack elements, year 2 did (or was it year 3).
Year 3 - Oogie Boogie everywhere, and they made a game of it (spot him where you can - they made a map you could have downloaded online).
YEar 4 (the final one for events) - Finkelstein. Similar to what they did with Oogie but maybe more limited.

As far as this year's merchandise, online is great for ordering but I hate looking at merchandise photos like that. You don't get the same detailed view as you get with print. Also, difference in texture in some of the art does not come off well online compared to print.

And - it seems they have gone the Cast System route (or Non-Middle-class). All ornaments and high end artwork, with few pieces in the middle for us minor collectors. I guess if it's the last event, might as well go out with a high-end push... the last three events (Pirates Movie, HMH 2003, ToT) had a LOT of low-end merchandise left over, and some middle stuff. Looks like they don't want THAT again...

LOYL2DZNY
08-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Year 3 - Oogie Boogie everywhere, and they made a game of it (spot him where you can - they made a map you could have downloaded online).

yeah, i was bummed about the maps. we never got a map, so i never knew about it until our last day we found one lying on the ground. by then, the lines were way too long, and fastpasses were all gone. i still have the map at home, but was never able to play along. maybe this year they'll do something similar.

cstephens
08-12-2004, 01:42 PM
As far as this year's merchandise, online is great for ordering but I hate looking at merchandise photos like that. You don't get the same detailed view as you get with print. Also, difference in texture in some of the art does not come off well online compared to print.

I can see your point. We aren't into the art stuff, so I usually just browse that stuff and skip past it. It didn't occur to me that you can't get a real feeling for it with an online picture. I like the event logo design this year, and I thought my husband would be interested in the watch this year (he's got a good collection of Disney watches) since he didn't like last year's enough to try for it, but he pointed out something about the watch this year that I hadn't noticed, so we're not going to try for it after all.

And - it seems they have gone the Cast System route (or Non-Middle-class). All ornaments and high end artwork, with few pieces in the middle for us minor collectors. I guess if it's the last event, might as well go out with a high-end push... the last three events (Pirates Movie, HMH 2003, ToT) had a LOT of low-end merchandise left over, and some middle stuff. Looks like they don't want THAT again...

OK, it took me a second to figure out what Cast Members had to do with this before I realized you meant "caste system". I guess I don't see it that way. I think there have been a fairly good selection of price ranges in merchandise, but it may not necessarily be specific items that people like. I can't even remember what last year's merchandise was or the year before that, but I recall that they've had ornaments for quite some time now. It's not something I'm interested in, so I usually skip over those. They've had a number of the high-end items as well that we also skip over. I like some of the items available this year, but I think there are only 3 or 4 items we're going to try for.

I am kind of surprised that there's no event t-shirt or sweatshirt this year, though at least I don't have to think about it. Like I don't have enough HMH apparel.

Last year, there were a number of general HMH merchandising items that were available for sale at Le Bat en Rouge that we really liked, so I'm looking forward to seeing what will be available this year.

olegc
08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah, sorry, I meant to write caste, not Cast (sorry to all you CM's - you're great!)

Another point - check out the Disneystore catalog. All of a suddent they are major suppliers of NMB and HMH merchandise - costumes, clothes, decorative figures, lamps, and a killer mirror...

sediment
08-12-2004, 05:16 PM
I don't think the use of the word "caste" is appropriate, unless they were actually refusing your money because of your ranking in society.
A caste system (from what little I know) seems to be more than, "I can't afford it; that's discrimination!"

disneymania
08-14-2004, 07:56 AM
I wish I could have a full size bonedeer!!! How cool is that???
I totally agree!!. Who can afford the 4,000$ though. At least I got my picture with it from the gallery a few years ago.

cstephens
08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I totally agree!!. Who can afford the 4,000$ though. At least I got my picture with it from the gallery a few years ago.

Oh, there are plenty of people who can afford that. I expect there will be a number of people who will be wanting that particular item.