PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of the dirty side at DLR

mjformenotyou
08-11-2004, 02:49 PM
This may be getting really picky, and a little bit too female... but the one thing that drives me the most crazy about the current state of DLR is the bathrooms. More particularily, how awful they smell. They are always stuffy, humid, sweaty, and stinky.
I'd imagine they could come up with some better kind of ventilation system or some sort of commercial air freshener most normal business bathrooms have.
I've been to places where I think the bathroom is going to be the most raunchy thing ever (i.e. San Jose flea market), and it is a king's palace compared to the ones at Disneyland.
IT DRIVES ME CRAZY.

Does anyone else feel my pain?

cryan71
08-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. That's why usually use the trees.

Arnie
08-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Try checking out the Happiest Potties on Earth Article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/) Maybe it will help you find the less crowded and not so smelly ones.

disneymania
08-11-2004, 03:19 PM
I think it depends on which bathroom your using. I would think that the ones nearer to the rides would be used more often. You can only keep up a bathroom so much. Also, in the heat of the summer, I would expect more smell.

mystycalchyk
08-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Thankfully I have never had a horrible bathroom experience at Disneyland...but perhaps disneymania has a point, we usually go in the wintertime...perhaps since its not so sweltering hot during the times we are there the smell doesnt 'cook in'.

I have a specific few potties I use more often than not, and they are kind of tucked out of the way so maybe thats why I have had better luck.

*shrugs*

GrumpyUTboi
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
The bathroom by the mexican restaurant is air conditioned and very clean. LY when it was hot we were able to get a break by using this bathroom. I believe the CM's have a break room by this bathroom.

Laffite
08-11-2004, 04:11 PM
the one on the side of the city hall is small and very private. quite fantastic!

SCUBAbe
08-11-2004, 06:22 PM
I've never had a problem with the DL bathrooms....the MM ones are pretty rank though,,:(

soccerlady16
08-11-2004, 06:24 PM
I guess you've had some bad luck. I think Disney bathrooms are one of the cleanest, I compare other bathrooms to Disney's. Disney's are never clogged, well stocked, no graffitii and there is almost always a CM around. As far as the smell, well it is a bathroom.

DisneyBob
08-11-2004, 10:50 PM
In this case, I would suggest you contact Disneyland Resort guest relations and let them know of your concerns. They will listen.

mjformenotyou
08-12-2004, 08:20 AM
I guess I made this sound a lot worse than it is.. believe me, it's not like I see their bathrooms as a port a potty or something.
And I go often enough to know which ones are a little bit more nasty than the rest, but sometimes, you don't want to be a princess about things, and use the closest one for the sake of others.
I think they need some sort of better ventilation. They're always so...sweltering? And bad smelling.
It just seems that other parks and other public places have done a way better job in this aspect.
It's the one thing that really gets my panties in a bunch in regards to disneyland (uh, I guess the pun was intended)

L

SweetAurora
08-12-2004, 12:22 PM
If you think the bathrooms onstage are bad...try some of the ones backstage.
I won't elaborate, but I have to hold my breath in some of them.

PapiBear
08-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Re: the smell -

At last you've discovered Eisner's "Magic in the Air". ;)

mystycalchyk
08-12-2004, 04:04 PM
If you think the bathrooms onstage are bad...try some of the ones backstage.
I won't elaborate, but I have to hold my breath in some of them.

For some reason reading this and seeing your screen name together makes me chuckle. At first I read it to say 'Sweet Aroma"

:D

TruSlack
08-12-2004, 04:51 PM
During the DCA opening 'sleepover,' tha bathrooms were quite clean (and cozy to sleep in, if you wanted to keep warm). :eek:

SweetAurora
08-13-2004, 12:49 AM
For some reason reading this and seeing your screen name together makes me chuckle. At first I read it to say 'Sweet Aroma"

:D
LOL.
The guys love it, too.

Jk.

tink1234
08-13-2004, 11:08 AM
I guess I made this sound a lot worse than it is.. believe me, it's not like I see their bathrooms as a port a potty or something.

L

I have actually been in port-o-potties that didn't stink. No kidding! They have a way to treat them and a way that is environmentally safe to COMPLETELY kill the smell. Why more places don't use them is beyond me!

I have never smelled the smells at DL, but we usually go during winter and mainly use our hotel's potty or Rain Forest Cafe. I try to plan our day around potty-ing! HA HA! With 4 girls 7 and under you kinda have to! :fez:

CoasterChickie
08-13-2004, 11:50 AM
I've already mentioned before that the Downtown Disney movie theater has a beautiful bathroom. Also cstephens says that the bathroom next to Goofy's Kitchen is amazing.

I was at the Shakespeare Festival in Tahoe and they had a porta potty station that looked like a small office building. There were three restrooms inside that had nice wallpaper, pergo floors, nice vanities, etc. All the women were lining up just to see it even though there were no lines at all for the regular porta potties.

tod
08-13-2004, 11:57 AM
the one on the side of the city hall is small and very private. quite fantastic!

By the Guided Tour Garden? You left out one important thing:

It's closed. :(

--t

cstephens
08-13-2004, 02:02 PM
By the Guided Tour Garden? You left out one important thing:

It's closed. :(

--t

I think Laffite is referring to the ones to the right of City Hall, in between City Hall and the Fire Station.

tod
08-13-2004, 02:35 PM
I think Laffite is referring to the ones to the right of City Hall, in between City Hall and the Fire Station.

I don't think the men's restrooms to the right of City Hall are small or private. The one by the Guided Tour Garden, however, had one stall (no stand-up accommodations) and one sink, and "small and private" are the perfect words to describe it.

I hope they reopen it sometime.

--t

DCAWhites
08-13-2004, 11:16 PM
In today's Miceage.com update, that tour guide area, including the restrooms back there, were undergoing some sort of "enhancement". Don't know whats in store, but probably just a redo of the facade.

Hey, if you find the disneyland restrooms to be bad you can always park hop over to DCA where you can find some of the cleanest public restrooms on earth...especially the one in pacific wharf, the one near hollywood and dine, and the one near burger invasion.

mad4mky
08-14-2004, 09:08 AM

This is the one I hate the most.
It is always crowded (in the morning when I need it...as we have just walked into the park, and we go to City hall to get our GAC). Who the heck designed that doorway?
Can't get in, can't get out. Too crowded. :mad:
It's even small in the sink area. I get frustrated, wash my hands...and air dry them, as I can never get to the towels.
No biggie...but geez...of all the rest rooms, this one is the worst.

My favs:
(kinda sick I know...)
Below Hungry Bear Restaraunt
Any restrooms over at the Grand Californian
And as crowded as it is...over in the Fantasyland/Frontierland walk....they are big...and you can find a nice clean place somewhere in that big place.

I don't really recall having to use restrooms all that often at DCA. But, I know I must.
MY girls tease me...and they did the whole time we went to WDW...that I came to WDW JUST TO SEE EVERY restroom in each park!! :eek:
Peanut bladder* (and too much diet coke in the morning). :)

*hey, when you are 4'10"...not much room in there to store things! ;)

disneyperson
08-14-2004, 10:30 AM
In today's Miceage.com update, that tour guide area, including the restrooms back there, were undergoing some sort of "enhancement". Don't know whats in store, but probably just a redo of the facade.

Hey, if you find the disneyland restrooms to be bad you can always park hop over to DCA where you can find some of the cleanest public restrooms on earth...especially the one in pacific wharf, the one near hollywood and dine, and the one near burger invasion.

The restrooms are extra clean in DCA because no one is over there to use them

DCAWhites
08-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Exactly....god bless the tortilla split!