PDA

View Full Version : New 'Princess Diaries Suite' Makes Royal Debut at the Disneyland Hotel

Lani
08-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Press Release

Tuesday August 10, 10:01 am ET

ANAHEIM, Calif., Aug. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of the nationwide August 11 release of Walt Disney Pictures' new film "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement," the Disneyland Hotel has transformed a bedroom of its luxurious Presidential Suite into a re-creation of Princess Mia's regal quarters. The new, totally redecorated room has been beautifully appointed with elaborate reproductions of the elegantly designed Drexel-Heritage furniture seen in the motion picture, creating a new level of stately, yet fun-filled accommodations fit for any princess or prince.
"The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" stars Anne Hathaway as Princess Mia of Genovia, and Julie Andrews portrays her grandmother, Queen Clarisse. The film continues the fun where the 2001 smash hit "The Princess Diaries" ended, with Mia now ready to assume her formal role as princess.

The Princess Diaries Suite is located atop the 11-story Sierra Tower at the Disneyland Hotel, providing a sweeping view of the nearby Downtown Disney District and surrounding Disneyland Resort. The room features an ornate, hand-crafted queen-size bed and delicate overhead cornice that are matched with a collection of European-influenced furniture, and most pieces are from the original movie set depicting Mia's private chambers. The themed bedroom can be booked separately or as part of the complete 1,320 square-foot Presidential Suite.

"When we learned that identical furniture from 'The Princess Diaries' film was available, we developed a plan to create a Princess Diaries Suite so our guests could experience the setting of this wonderful Disney story," said Tony Bruno, vice president, Disneyland Resort Hotels. "The Disneyland Hotel's overall decor is inspired by classic Disney themes and the royal styling of this special room is a wonderful compliment to the inviting and imaginative atmosphere of our hotel."

The suite's distinctive furniture, provided by Drexel-Heritage, was inspired by traditional, fine European designs, and each piece was formed and finished by hand to produce a classic, aged appearance. Exquisite linens from Italy were used for the bed covers, pillows and accompanying treatments. Two slipper chairs are carefully upholstered with fine silk decorated with tiny images of chairs. A pair of demilune chests are intricately hand-painted with bygone European scenes and topped with marble slabs. A large, French-style dresser stands ready to hold the clothing of any visiting princess or prince.

Guests staying in the special room receive the "royal treatment" in every regard, including complimentary gifts such as the DVD of "The Princess Diaries," a CD of the original motion picture soundtrack of "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement," a sparkling rhinestone tiara in a presentation box. Other princess-theme items or services can be included for an additional fee. By staying in the hotel's concierge-level accommodations, guests also have access to the nearby Concierge Lounge which offers more exclusive amenities.

The rate to book the Princess Diaries Suite itself ranges from $430 to $515 per night. If reserved as part of the entire contemporary-style Presidential Suite, the total rate can range from $1,400 to $1,755, depending on season.

To book this whimsical, new addition to the Disneyland Hotel, or for more information, call (714) 956-6545. General information about the Disneyland Resort can be found at www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com/).

mjformenotyou
08-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Now I know what to ask for my birthday this year :D

Car schmar.

lisap
08-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh wow. I'll go halfsies with you on the entire suite, Lindsay--it'll save money that way. :p :D

mjformenotyou
08-10-2004, 11:59 AM
let's get one big sleepover organized!
then maybe we can get it!

I wish. haha. :)

Mad Madam Mim
08-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Oh wow, that sounds pretty amazing.....

hmmmmm how powerfull is positve thinking....I am visualizing myself there NOW!

Nope still here at work :geek:

dsny1mom
08-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Ok, I'll fess up. :)

We stayed in the Presidential suite a couple of years ago, for a week. It is BETTER than one can imagine. From the fireplace to the 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms to the kitchen area and bar to the enormous dinning room table, it's an awsome suite. Live orchids are the flowers in the suite. The entry way is all marble. It's gorgeous. It even has a door bell because when you are in the bedroom, that has been transformed to the Princess Diaries room, you are so far away you can't hear a knock on the door. One could literally live there forever!

::sigh::

I hope to stay there again some day.

dsny1mom

missm
08-10-2004, 02:43 PM
How do you just book a bedroom of the PS? That seems weird to me. Would you just not have access to the rest of the suite? Can anyone explain?

dsny1mom
08-10-2004, 03:39 PM
The bedroom that has been transformed is at the far left hand end of the actual suite. It has a lockable door that can section it off from the remainder of the rest of the suite. It's a fairly large room with its own bathroom so it can be done. There is no way I'd consider that one room as a suite though.

dsny1mom