PDA

View Full Version : DLR Parking Lot

Dlandmom
08-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Couldn't find this on a search...

When the parking lot was built, was it the largest parking structure in the world?

I overheard someone say that yesterday, and I didn't know if it was true.

stitchfan_cm
08-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Yes, it was at the time it was built, the largest standing parking structure in the world. However, that is no longer true. There is a parking structure at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort that has two more spaces which now makes that the largest parking structure in the world.

sediment
08-10-2004, 08:55 AM
And in my search, I found a structure in a Michigan airport being built that will become the largest parking structure.

sediment
08-10-2004, 09:13 AM
My search also showed that DCA was the biggest waste of a parking lot.
Ba-dum-BUM!

Disney Dreamer
08-17-2004, 05:36 PM
We are going to DL next week and thought I would check out this site to see if I could get some extra info. For the most part it has been wonderful, but there is one person that made me want to post this. I usually dont join chats or boards but Sediment must really need a good dose of a vacation. Almost everything I've looked at has some kind of snyed comment from the obvious Disney Buff turned Villian. Why dont you go find the boards for Six Flags and quit trying to bum everyone out. :D

The Mouse Is Back
08-17-2004, 08:03 PM
I like Sediment. I'll bet he has made more than a few people re-think the whole AP/FP question.

Anyway, every group of starry-eyed dreamers needs a curmudgeon for balance.

;)

-Allegra-

CoasterChickie
08-17-2004, 08:56 PM
I like Sediment. I'll bet he has made more than a few people re-think the whole AP/FP question. I think Sediment is a "she" but I'm not sure and I've learned to take a lot of what "she" says a joke. At least I hope "she" was kidding when she called my husband "elephant man".. :eek: :~D

sediment
08-18-2004, 09:03 AM
In order:
1. Thank you kindly for the vacation suggestion, DD. I went on vacation in July, although it lacked any Disney-related stops.
I think that next week is going to be the best week ever to go to DL. You will have the greatest time ever! Please provide a trip report when you return home!! (I hope that wasn't too snide.)

Apparently, you haven't looked hard enough. Modesty forbids my pointing anything out, such as the "Dear Cast Member Matt:" thread. I'm far too modest to do that. No, no, you should find someone else to explain how wonderful that thread is, for it is forbidden for me, Modest Man!, to discuss it.

2. Thank you for liking me, Mouse's Back. I agree that there needs to be a curmudgeon for us starry-eyed dreamers for balance.

3. Yes, CC, I (a man, with a wife and two kids, mind you) was joking about the "elephant man" comment. In no way was I comparing your javanod with a crippling disease that renders one's face less, er, aesthetically pleasing. Inner beauty is what counts anyway (that's what my mom always told me -- always... hmm).
And good for you for assuming joke before offense or insensitive or tacky or insult or bum-out. I dream of a day when more people are like you. (Especially the moderators -- love ya, guys and gals!)

CoasterChickie
08-18-2004, 10:02 AM
3. Yes, CC, I (a man, with a wife and two kids, mind you)

Ooops!! (heh heh boy is my face red)

At least your comment about wanting a Keira Knightley pirate makes more sense now! (Phew, glad I didn't my foot in my mouth on that one!)

sediment
08-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Could have been worse: you could have called me the Elephant Man.

Cariad
08-18-2004, 01:19 PM
*chuckle*