PDA

View Full Version : LumiNaria Still?

LIMANDL4EVA
11-13-2001, 08:16 PM
Has LumiNaria improved at all since the first show? I keep seeing videos, sure there a lot of smoke, but it looks so cool! But then a again of course I haven't seen it yet.
Disneylandport.com (http://www.Disneylandport.com)

zapppop
11-13-2001, 08:41 PM
No improvements so far.

It's so bad, Fantasmic is coming back to Disneyland December 14th.

Al Lutz also mentioned this in an update he posted today.

If they're planning to fall back on Fantasmic, then they've given up on LuminAria already.

akacl
11-13-2001, 09:09 PM
Lumanaria is a great show..................For me to Poop on!

zapppop
11-13-2001, 09:13 PM
If you can find it under all that smoke.

DisneyFreak2000
11-13-2001, 09:40 PM
The thing that shocked me about the show is the fact that it is held on a lagoon, but there are no dancing water fountains. I'm sorry, anybody could go and see any old fireworks show but if they had water effects, it would be kewl too. They should replace the present barges with mist screens like in Fantasmic. It's a shame that LuminAria bombed. If they improved the soundtrack, how much would it better the show? If they made it REALLY good, would it do any justice. If so, they should try and make one right away (like what they did when they replaced the POTS music). Did they use the music from the Disneyland website in the show (Shine I believe) I think that was a pretty good song. How else could they improve the show? How could they add magic? Snow falling at the end...

(Note: I have never seen the show, these are based on the reviews of other people.)

Nigel2
11-14-2001, 01:31 PM
I am trying to rember but I don't think Illumination:Reflections of Earth uses dancing water or not but their "focal point" is much better, a rotating globe that is covered in LCD(I think) so that all the continets show the movie.

jrayfarm
11-15-2001, 05:52 PM
I saw the show Wednesday night for the first time expecting the worse.

I was pleasantly surprised! It's a nice holiday show with a great message, especially considering recent events. Let your light shine inside and spread to those around you.

For what it's worth, I've heard that last night's show was tweaked a bit from the other days' versions and it's been the best one yet...

Jim

akacl
11-16-2001, 01:00 AM
I worked Luminaria tonight when the media, and disney hotshots(roy disney and so on) came to view the show. After a short introduction, the luminaria show went on for the media and so on. Well the part of luminaria where the screens come up, no images came on the screen. While working, it was embarassing for me and other cast members. We just wanted to leave. I know someone is getting in trouble for that one. At least I did my job well.

AVP
11-16-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by akacl
I worked Luminaria tonight when the media, and disney hotshots(roy disney and so on) came to view the show. After a short introduction, the luminaria show went on for the media and so on. Well the part of luminaria where the screens come up, no images came on the screen. While working, it was embarassing for me and other cast members. We just wanted to leave. I know someone is getting in trouble for that one. At least I did my job well.

Sue Kruse and I were at that event last night, and my heart just sank when I realized that the screens were not working. I have seen the show several times, so I knew what was supposed to be happening. The media around me, who had no idea of what to expect, spent 3 minutes staring at an empty lagoon and a crosshair pattern on the screens. The blank looks on their faces said it all. *Ouch*

The changes to the show have made a dramatic improvement, in my opinion. The new version is shorter, tighter, and the pace is much better. I think it's worth catching once, although I do agree that it's not worth camping out for. Wait until the crowds go away, and see it when you don't have to wait an hour for a good view. And, no matter what, stand upwind.

akacl, I hope you guys know that we don't hold the CMs to blame for the snafu. It's just another attack of Murphy's Law, DCA-style.

AVP

awinner
11-16-2001, 11:24 AM
so where exactly is the upwind area (meaning the no smoking section)?

SpazRobot
11-16-2001, 11:56 AM
How come nothing was posted on MousePlanet about the opening ceremony last night?

I would have gone if I had known about it.

Nigel2
11-16-2001, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by awinner
so where exactly is the upwind area (meaning the no smoking section)?

That depends on the wind.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-18-2001, 01:55 PM
So overall, has the show improved?
If on a scale of 1-10...the show was a 3 or a 4 earlier, what would it get now?
Is it worth coming to see?

yeo_foxe
11-18-2001, 11:59 PM
I visited Luminaria on opening night... It was sorta anti-climatic....

Saw it Sunday... Much Much better..... It was a 4 before. However, I'd say it's about at least a 8 now, maybe a nine....

There seemed to be less dead spots. And the pyros and tree seemed better done now....

(I did take my mom with me this time, the first time I saw it alone.... maybe this also contributed...)