PDA

View Full Version : What Other Events Do Hotels Allow?

Lilo
08-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know if the DLR hotels allow events other than business meetings/company parties/weddings (i.e. large birthday parties, anniversary parties, etc.)?

Niwel
08-09-2004, 02:24 PM
I think if you are willing to pay for the room/catering/etc, you can have almost anything there, provided they don't already have something booked.

Wendi
08-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Yup, I would think that Niwel is probably correct.

Just wanted to mention that two years ago, I contacted the manager at Storyteller's Cafe and arranged a wonderful birthday party - we had an entire section of the restaurant for our group. The staff was wonderful, very accomodating, pleasant, helpful... they worked very well with our price range, and they created special menus for us - even at the last minute!!! This is not something that is a normal offering, you just have to figure out what you would like to do, and ask someone if they can make it happen for you.

Lilo
08-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks so much for the responses! By the way, the thing about Storyteller's Cafe sounds really neat, Wendi! A relative of mine is planning her daughter's Sweet 16 birthday party at Disneyland and they have not decided to go for something fancy and huge (as well as expensive) or more casual and not as "big." They were thinking one of the hotel ballrooms if they go for a larger party, but I told them about what you did at Storyteller's Cafe and they loved the idea. Do you mind if I ask the approx. cost for all that/how many people you had in your group? Thanks!

Wendi
08-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I don't remember the exact cost... I know we paid less than $20 per adult, can't remember the cost for the kids. I just went to look for the menus they printed up for us (cuz of course, I saved them!) and I think they're in storage right now... we had somewhere around 40 people I think. They gave us a first course, main entree, and dessert... plus we bought all of the birthday babies the special birthday buckets. The corn chowder was to die for... soooo good!!! We started out with a higher price, and thought it was a bit too much for what we were looking for, so they gave us a special price and special menu - we had no idea it was for 3 courses... we thought it was just the entree, so they really went out of their way for us and we were very surprised at the amount of food and level of service they provided. It was amazing.

Lilo
08-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Oh woah that sounds really awesome! Thanks so much for the idea!