PDA

View Full Version : Goofy Character Breakfast

Pages : [1] 2

mystycalchyk
08-09-2004, 09:24 AM
OK so this is one thing I've yet to do...but since we are taking kiddies with us on our next trip we have decided to do a character breakfast for them. From what I have read the general concensus is that this one is the best. If this true? Also, is there a shuttle that will take us there? We are not driving, and are staying across the street from the park (at the Tropicana), and Im thinking thats a buttload of walking to do to get to breakfast...we were wondering if we went to the parking trams thingy if there was a tram that would at least get us closer...if not, isnt that breakfast alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way through DTD at the far end? :confused:

BTW - 'buttload' is a highly technical term. Please use with caution. :p

tod
08-09-2004, 10:31 AM
You have a couple of alternatives:

1. There is a character breakfast inside Disneyland at the Plaza Inn, if memory serves. Much closer to the Tropicana than the Disneyland Hotel is.

2. Have a regular-type breakfast at one of the restaurants on Harbor and save Goofy's for a lunch or dinner.

Just suggestions.

--t

mystycalchyk
08-09-2004, 10:39 AM

We just want to have a breakfast at a place where they have the most characters (for the little ones). Which is the best?

etixnostalgia
08-09-2004, 11:18 AM
I'd recommend Plaza Inn. The variety of food is less than at Goofy's Kitchen, but the quality is as good or even better (faster turnover of items). Depending on how busy Goofy's is, you may get little attention from the characters. My daughter (5 y.o.) felt like she had been dissed by the characters at Goofy's who didn't stop at our table, and has never asked to go there again. In contrast, she always wants lunch or dinner at Ariel's Grotto, and likes the breakfast at the Plaza Inn. My son (2) concurs, though less articulately.

Here's a recent thread about Goofy's Kitchen

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=30597

missm
08-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Couldn't you walk to the place where all the trams drop people off at DL and take a tram to the DLH? I have no idea if that's an option though. Just an idea. Maybe someone with more info could verify that. I guess it all depends on what time you want breakfast and what times the trams start running back and forth.

tod
08-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Couldn't you walk to the place where all the trams drop people off at DL and take a tram to the DLH? I have no idea if that's an option though. Just an idea. Maybe someone with more info could verify that. I guess it all depends on what time you want breakfast and what times the trams start running back and forth.

There is no tram that goes to or from the Disneyland Hotel. The closest thing to Hotel service is the Monorail from Tomorrowland. The Mickey And Friends Tram goes from the parking structure to the loading area near World of Disney in Downtown Disney. It's a pretty hefty walk from either of those to the Disneyland Hotel: The walk from the parking structure to the Hotel is probably shorter , but the walk through Downtown Disney is more interesting.

--t

CoasterChickie
08-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I think it would be a lot easier for a guest who's not staying at the DLH to go to the Plaza Inn. They could go into the park first thing in the morning, say hi to all the characters along the way to the Plaza Inn, and then have breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Since they'd already be in the park at that point they wouldn't have to wait in the long lines that tend to form at the front gates a little later.

Hakuna Makarla
08-09-2004, 12:48 PM
great question, I to have reservations for breakfast and would like to be able to take a tram etc. to the darn place. it seems miles away! Does the ART system go past there?

mystycalchyk
08-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Wow. Thansk so much for the input!! I truly appreciate it. Looks like its the Plaza Inn for us. And if memory serves, we dont need reservations for it do we?
My hubby and I actually did the character breakfast there one time a few years back and really had a hoot.

Thanks again :)

missm
08-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Is the Plaza Inn open year round? I would like to eat there on my next visit in Dec.

tod
08-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Is the Plaza Inn open year round? I would like to eat there on my next visit in Dec.

It's open year-round, except for the occasional rehab.

--t

Hakuna Makarla
08-09-2004, 06:00 PM
I am definatly not a pooh fan, and the reviews were not that outstanding at the plaza. I will just walk it after all I will doing rides and in the park, I will just work my way down until I get there.. No biggie since our breakfast is not until 11:00

rentayenta
08-09-2004, 08:02 PM
We have done Goofy's Kitchen but will be trying the Plaza Inn for breakfast this year. We always have a car so I don't know the distance.

Karla, because your breakfast isn't until 11:00 you should have plenty of time to walk on over. It is really a fun breakfast. Don't let them seat you in the room away from the buffet. The time we were in that room we didn't get a whole lot of character interaction. All of the tables in that room are round so if they try refuse ;)

Mystycal, your neice and nephew are truly so lucky. Will you adopt me? :p

mystycalchyk
08-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Mystycal, your neice and nephew are truly so lucky. Will you adopt me? :p

;) sure....I live in the most perfect place in the world...you'll love it here :p

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Im not a huge Pooh fan either, :rolleyes: but I daresay the kids are. And this trip as about them not me. :D Plaza Inn it is. We will do it on our last day there. We are going to be there on Saturday, Sunday and a Monday. We figured we'd spend Saturday in Disneyland, Sunday in DCA and then Monday back in Disneyland. But I dont want to take the time on Saturday away from hitting Fantasyland first thing.

Photographer
08-10-2004, 11:41 AM
I went to Goofy's Kitchen on Friday morning. I touched Aladdin. :D Oh the food was good too.

Hakuna Makarla
08-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Believe me, if the plaza inn was an option I would definatly do it. My son hates pooh! the little one loves him but he is not going this trip so I am doing what the 3 year old wants. Also my daughter loves goofy, and mickey so its goofys kitchen all the way. Yes, I will not be eating until 110:00 so have plenty of time to get there, but thank you so much rentayenta for the heads up on the seating, no way will I let them put me away from the carecters :) thanks much

missm
08-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Photographer your signature says you will never go on the TOT again. Why not? I'm not a fan of straight drop rides, I like roller coasters though. I'm afraid to ride TOT on my next trip! Please help me by telling me about the ride. Thanks. Sorry this is off the subject of the thread.

Dlandmom
08-10-2004, 12:53 PM
I don't know if this will help, but I had lunch at Ariel's Grotto yesterday (Monday), and it was extremely uncrowded. We didn't even make reservations and were seated in less than 5 minutes. Service was really good, and the characters had plenty of time to spend at each table since it wasn't that busy. We saw Minnie, Dale, Goofy and Ariel. When we were leaving at about 12:45, it was a little busier, but there were still empty tables about. Kids will love the attention. Adult meal is $14.99, and kids are $11.99 -- price comes with a starter and an entree. Drinks and dessert are extra.

Karla, if your breakfast isn't until 11, you may want to consider an early lunch at Ariel's Grotto. No Mickey for your daughter, though, just Minnie.

Photographer
08-11-2004, 06:40 AM
Hey Photographer your signature says you will never go on the TOT again. Why not? I'm not a fan of straight drop rides, I like roller coasters though. I'm afraid to ride TOT on my next trip! Please help me by telling me about the ride. Thanks. Sorry this is off the subject of the thread.

I can handle the Go Coaster, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. But Space Mountain and Tower of Terror are out for me. It's the straight drop, being lifted out of your seat (with seat belt) and I'm not petite. Then stopping, going back up and dropping again. After that I almost freaked out in the hotel elevator.

mystycalchyk
08-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Well bummer.....it seems our niece is not a Pooh fan either ( :~D smart girl) so we will be doing Goofy's breakfast after all.
Maybe if we do it on Monday it wont be as crowded????
Her big deal is the princesses...she's allllll about the princesses.

rentayenta
08-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Mystycal, I think the PCH Grill still has a character breakfast. We did it a few years ago, Belle and Gaston were there. I am sure someone can give you the specifics. My memory is not what it used to be ;)

mystycalchyk
08-11-2004, 01:07 PM
ooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo Belle if her absolute FAVORITE!!!! We are planing on getting her one of those crazily overpriced Belle costumes to wear.

Hmmmmmmm something to consider for sure!

LOYL2DZNY
08-11-2004, 02:27 PM
ooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo Belle if her absolute FAVORITE!!!! We are planing on getting her one of those crazily overpriced Belle costumes to wear.

Hmmmmmmm something to consider for sure!

just a thought...you can buy a belle dress at toys r us or target for roughly $20 instead of the overly priced ones they sell in the parks or at the disney stores. of course, they are a little fancier at DL or the stores, but my 4 year old likes them just the same.

sorry for getting off the subject. i'm done now. :)

mystycalchyk
08-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I know, and I thought about it, but..and I dunno, call me stupid, but they always have to get the 'imitiations' or 'knock-offs' of everything they have practically.

I decided to bite the bullet and get her a 'real' one from the park.

Maybe thats stupid but these kids have nothing thats not used or from thrift marts or flea markets.

Their local TV news stations (Fox10 in Phoenix) did a thing last Christmas where they picked , I dont know how many, 'underprivledged families' and gave the children a Christmas to remember...they were picked. It almost broke my heart when I heard what my nephew told the reporter.

When asked what he wanted more than anything in the whole world.....one would expect a 4 year old to pick a toy or something...he said:

"A bed. a real bed"

He had been in a crib bed his whole life.

They bought him a 'race car' bed. It's his pride and joy.

Probably more info than you all needed...but maybe now some of you will undertand why we do things with them. We try to go to Phoenix and pick them up and bring them back home with us (to Flagstaff) at least one weekend a month. just to take them out and play with them at the park, hang out with them...and in this case, for next months 'weekend with us' we get to take them to Disneyland, our favorite place in the world.

I cant wait.

BTW this last weekend they were with us. We went to a local nursery and let them each pick out 'their own' tree and they came home and helped us plant them. So now they will be able to come and visit their trees, and hopefully, one day, be able to pick apples from them (our nieces tree is a Fuji apple tree and our nephews is a granny smith apple tree).
We just try to do something in thier lives to let them know they are loved and maybe get them out of the, at many times, unhappy existance they have at home.

rentayenta
08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I know, and I thought about it, but..and I dunno, call me stupid, but they always have to get the 'imitiations' or 'knock-offs' of everything they have practically.

I decided to bite the bullet and get her a 'real' one from the park.

Maybe thats stupid but these kids have nothing thats not used or from thrift marts or flea markets.

Their local TV news stations (Fox10 in Phoenix) did a thing last Christmas where they picked , I dont know how many, 'underprivledged families' and gave the children a Christmas to remember...they were picked. It almost broke my heart when I heard what my nephew told the reporter.

When asked what he wanted more than anything in the whole world.....one would expect a 4 year old to pick a toy or something...he said:

"A bed. a real bed"

He had been in a crib bed his whole life.

They bought him a 'race car' bed. It's his pride and joy.

That's about more than I can take :crying:

Now I'm going to have to spoil him when we meet up :)