PDA

View Full Version : Leaving tonight!

pboeoahr
08-07-2004, 01:06 PM
The day has come for us to head down south from Portland, Ore. My two daughters can barely sit still and are excited about getting started. It has been 5 years since the last time we went. My oldest turned 6 while were there last time and my youngest was only 2 and remembers nothing.

To add a little to the trip I have asked each of my daughters to keep a diary starting the day we leave and keep it until the day we get home. I'm hoping this will add to their experience. It will be very exciting to read through these once we return and also share them with our families.

DLR HERE WE COME!!!! :D

Hakuna Makarla
08-07-2004, 01:14 PM
I am so thrilled for you and your children!! Have a wonderful time, and please let us know how it was, where you stayed and all about your experiences ok! wishing it was me, but it will be soon! :)

Dlandmom
08-07-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm so excited for you, especially your children! I hope you have a wonderful time! Tell us all about it when you get back!

CoasterChickie
08-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Hope you have an awesome time. Take lots of pictures! And I love the idea of having your daughters write about the trip in their journals!

disneyperson
08-07-2004, 02:49 PM
How wonderful!!!!!! I know you'll have the magical time !

pboeoahr
08-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Thank you everyone..... :)

I will make sure to send an update once we return.

Wendi
08-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Have a great time... little pang of jealousy from me... I hope your daughters will share a little bit of their journals with us. I'd love to hear them!!!

disneyhound
08-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Tell Mickey Patrick & Niki say "Hello" :D

Saratoga75
08-07-2004, 06:55 PM
pboeoahr, have fun!! I;m leaving tomorrow night with family and will be down there for 3 days, looking forward to going, despite the last trip being in June!!! Five years is definately a long time!!! Enjoy it!

pboeoahr
08-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Well, we made it to the park and had a FANTASTIC time!!!!

Both of my daughters enjoyed the 5 days and it worked out perfect for resting and being able to do everything without having to rush.

I will not write a lot here, but try to put something together over the next few days. It was a bummer to see so many tarps and closings, but there was definetly enough to keep us busy and having fun. It is nice to see that something is being done to get the park cleaned up it would just be nice if they would post everything on the Disney site about closings and refurbishments.

One thing I would recommend everyone do at least once and that is see Fantasmic from the balcony in NOS. It made the experience so much better for both of my girls. Plus no back ache for me holding one of them on my shoulders. :D

More to come later.....

missm
08-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh pboeoahr, I am so glad you guys had a great time! Did you drive or fly? I always fly out of PDX even though I'm closer to SEA-TAC. I can't wait to hear the report. I miss DL so much.

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Have a great time! I LOVE the diary Idea...:)

kaybee2
08-21-2004, 09:37 PM
<QUOTE>see Fantasmic from the balcony in NOS<QUOTE>

What is NOS? My shoulders would really appeciate knowing.

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 09:40 PM
<QUOTE>see Fantasmic from the balcony in NOS<QUOTE>

What is NOS? My shoulders would really appeciate knowing.
NOS = New Orleans Square

CoasterChickie
08-22-2004, 08:13 AM
One thing I would recommend everyone do at least once and that is see Fantasmic from the balcony in NOS. It made the experience so much better for both of my girls. Plus no back ache for me holding one of them on my shoulders. :D

More to come later.....

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Can you tell us more about seeing Fantasmic from the balcony. Did you just walk up and sit/stand there or did you have to make a reservation in advance?

SCUBAbe
08-22-2004, 08:37 AM
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Can you tell us more about seeing Fantasmic from the balcony. Did you just walk up and sit/stand there or did you have to make a reservation in advance?
They charge about $50.00 per person to watch the show from the balcony, but you get desserts to...:) One day we may do it...maybe...LOL

disneyhound
08-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Oh to be weathly...

CoasterChickie
08-22-2004, 08:59 AM
They charge about $50.00 per person to watch the show from the balcony, but you get desserts too

Yikes! $50 per person? I doubt I'll be able to talk Javanod into that one even if they do serve desserts!

pboeoahr
08-22-2004, 09:56 AM
$50.00 per person is correct and you have to make reservations a month in advance. Beings that we hadn't been there for 5 years we had included it in our budget for the trip once we knew about the opportunity.

We called at 8:00 in the morning exactly one month (30 days) to the day and got front row in the balcony. Although seating was not a problem for anyone to see, they only have about 15 people up there total.

The dessert was pretty good. Chocolate cake (very rich), cheese cake, fruit skewers and drinks.

If you go to the 9:00 Fantasmic show you also get to stay in the balcony for the Fireworks for the evening.

I don't think I will do it again, but we may include it in the budget again since it will probably be another 3-5 years before we get down.

Javanod
08-22-2004, 01:19 PM
We called at 8:00 in the morning exactly one month (30 days) to the day ...

Um, so what number would one call for this? (Desert is good :cool: )

Javanod
08-22-2004, 01:57 PM
(Desert is good :cool: )

As is dessert!

pboeoahr
08-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Here is the number to call (714) 781-4400. Make sure you call early (might start before 8:00 AM).