PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin DVD at DL?

mboothby
08-07-2004, 12:32 PM
:confused: :confused: Anyone know if you can pre-order the Aladdin DVD at DL? I know that when Beauty and the Beast came out you could and you got a special pin for booking through the park. They then mailed it when it was released. Anyone know if they are doing this for Aladdin and if so, what the extra is?

JeffG
08-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Yes they are taking pre-orders. The bonus is a pin again, I believe.

-Jeff

Shinku
08-07-2004, 09:13 PM
According to the flyer I picked up last night at World of Disney, if you pre order between july 11th and september 18th you recieve free shipping and handling as well as a 11" x 14" lithograph of Aladdin and Jasmine on the magic carpet ride. There is no mention of a pin.

Pookie
08-07-2004, 09:27 PM
I pre ordered it when we were there July 19th and I got free shipping and the lithograph.

Niwel
08-07-2004, 09:52 PM
From Our Disneyland Update:

Grab your carpet
Disneyland visitors have the opportunity to purchase the next movie in the Platinum Collection right at the park. The Aladdin Special Edition DVD ($29.99), with a release date of Tuesday, October 5, can be ordered at various stores around the Disneyland Resort. As with the other Platinum Collection films Disneyland has offered in the past, there is free shipping on all orders. Those who order the DVD receive a lithograph of Aladdin and Jasmine on the flying carpet on the spot, so either get a locker or order at the end of the day. Annual pass holders also get a 10 percent discount.

Among the features on this release:

“Proud Of Your Boy” - a new song that is not integrated into movie
Fun Facts trivia track mode
Deleted scenes
“A Diamond In the Rough: The Making of Aladdin”
Audio commentary
“Inside The Genie's Lamp,” a 3D tour of the Genie's lamp with Robin Leach
Genie's Magical Journey, a trip around the world with the Genie based on the original animator's end-credit concept
Disney's Virtual DVD Ride: Aladdin's Magic Carpet activity
The Bizarre Bazaar Game
New music videos and sing-along songs

Esmerelda
08-08-2004, 02:20 AM
No pin this time, sorry. Just the litho. :)

mboothby
08-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Hm, well doesn't seem there's much incentive to order through DL, as the litho is only ONE of the FOUR you get at TDS when you pre-order and you get nothing more. :mad: Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but that price???? :eek: I do believe it's selling for $19.99 WITH all four lithos at TDS! For the price they've listed, you get the DVD, lithos, plush AND pins if you order from the catalog. So, sounds like shipping really ISN'T free and that you pay almost $10 for it! That's awful. For those who bought it at DL...was the price really $29.99?

Pookie
08-08-2004, 12:53 PM
It was 24.99 at the World of Disney Store