PDA

View Full Version : POTC: Just had to post it.

sdfilmcritic
08-07-2004, 06:56 AM
On POTC has anyone else thought the auctioneer at the wench auction looks like Ryan Stiles's great-great-great-great grandfather?

FYI: Ryan Stiles is the tall skinny guy on "The Drew Carey Show" and "Who's Line is it Anyway?"

rentayenta
08-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Lol!

splashmtngurl
08-07-2004, 09:02 AM
err......no............dont even see the resemblance...sorry!

Darkbeer
08-07-2004, 09:18 AM
I think that Carlos the Mayor looks like Cruz Bustamante....

TikiGeek
08-07-2004, 09:26 AM
The rumor is that the auctioneer was modeled after Walt Disney.

TikiGeek
08-07-2004, 09:40 AM
I think that Carlos the Mayor looks like Cruz Bustamante....LOL!!! No! No! Cruz, don't be chicken! :p

DisneyDustin22
08-07-2004, 09:46 AM
I think the lady with the rolling pin chasing the pirates looks like Rosie O'donnel. Thats right I said it.

odnamraortsac
08-07-2004, 10:10 AM
I've always thought the Pirate with the big ugly teeth holding the rope amongst the "Women To Be Auctioned" looks like Gary Del'Abate, "Baba Booey" of the "Howard Stern Show".

BriarRose
08-08-2004, 12:29 AM
I knew he looked like someone! Lol.

Sheila
08-08-2004, 10:23 AM
The rumor is that the auctioneer was modeled after Walt Disney.
Perhaps, but I've only heard (and I think it's talked about in one of the Disney reference books, I just can't remember which right now), that Walt's face can be seen on one of the men about to be "dunked".

If you look closely at those men, the man on the far left most closely resembles Walt.

Sheila

CoasterChickie
08-08-2004, 04:01 PM
It's too bad there isn't a pirate who looks like Johnny Depp! *sigh*

Javanod
08-08-2004, 05:17 PM
:rolleyes:

efoxx
08-08-2004, 06:06 PM
the pirate in the second scene. you know at the wheel of the wrecked ship. well he looks just like me. that is what I would look like with all my skin and meat torn off. I think I should sue disney for using my likeness without permisssion ;)

SCUBAbe
08-08-2004, 06:07 PM
my daughter and I think the should add one to the jail scene. He could be leaning against the was of the cell furthest to the right with his hat pulled down. You would have to look back a bit to see him, but it wouldn't detract from the scene..:)

GrumpyUTboi
08-09-2004, 05:37 AM
Foxx i could be a expert witness that in 50 or so years that the person on the ship is in fact you. You know we could have that process done with the clay that shows what the person looks like when they had flesh, and we could make him up to look just like you. I am only asking for 30% of the award for my expert testimony.

sdfilmcritic
08-09-2004, 06:44 AM
As much as many women would love to see such a spectacle implemented in to the ride, I doubt the "alter ego" would stay very long. I can imagine it now. As people are riding through the POTC the music and SFX will sound like something like this:

"Dead men tell no tales..."
"Ma'am, please remain seated at all times."
"They've seen the curs-ed treas-ah..."
"Um, ma'am. Please sit down..."
"Blast 'em, ya blooming cockroaches!"
"No, no, Carlos. No cheatin!"
"We want the Redhead!!"
"MA'AM! Please! Return to your boat!"
"Yo, ho! Yo, ho! A pirates life for me!"
"Attention guests in the ride. We are currently experiencing a delay. Please remain seated in your boats and ride will resume shortly."

SallySkellington
08-09-2004, 12:28 PM

Actually, I was watching the DVD feature of the ride, and they did a close up of the pirate that's on the left ship during the battleship sequence. IMO, he bore a strong resemblance to Captain Jack Sparrow.

missm
08-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Actually, I was watching the DVD feature of the ride, and they did a close up of the pirate that's on the left ship during the battleship sequence. IMO, he bore a strong resemblance to Captain Jack Sparrow.

I agree with you! I thought that last time I went. I haven't seen the movie though only the previews. You can here someone on the boat on the right yelling something along the lines of: I'll get you Sparrow.

CoasterChickie
08-09-2004, 12:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Aww, you know I love a certain short haired blonde man with a mustache the best!! :)

Efoxx-What you wrote cracked me up! That pirate is my favorite! I always get the postcard with him on it to send to my loved ones!

Missing Marbles
08-09-2004, 01:30 PM

It appears to me that the Pirate sitting on top of the treasures in the ride resembles Jack Sparrow shortly after he discovered he had the curse. Has anyone else noticed this?