PDA

View Full Version : PeopleMover vs. Skyway: Which Would You Choose To Bring Back?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PapiBear
08-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Too bad we can't run a poll on this.

Let's say Disney has agreed to bring back one of the classic Tomorrowland attractions:

A. the Skyway (going through the Matterhorn again) or

B. the PeopleMover,

in order to increase the sense of motion and activity in that land, but due to budget constraints, they can only bring back ONE (at least for the foreseeable future). The attraction would be redesigned so that it uses newer technological developments such as informational video screens inside the cars and works more efficiently than before.

So, which would you choose?

SCUBAbe
08-06-2004, 09:42 PM
skyway...:)

missm
08-06-2004, 10:35 PM
For sure the Skyway! I miss that ride/attraction so much.

sleepyjeff
08-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Skyway...it's like bringing back two rides(ie; Skyway to Tomorrowland adds one attraction to Fantasyland and Skyway to Fantasyland adds one attraction to Tomorrowland) :cool:

plus...it is a usefull means of transportation, especially durring parades.

Pilot Mickey
08-06-2004, 10:44 PM
peoplemover, it's more of a disney ride than the skyway to me at least

sdfilmcritic
08-06-2004, 11:29 PM
People Mover

theyates6
08-07-2004, 06:41 AM
skyway!

rentayenta
08-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Skyway

The Lovely Mrs. tod
08-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Skyway!

splashmtngurl
08-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Alot of you arent going to like this but well i wouldnt choose either of them to come back. The way i see it, disney would spend time and money re-opening such attractions and then kids and teens and otherwise thrill seekers wouldnt give a rip about the attraction. Then the only people riding the attraction would be people who remembered it the way it was before and perhaps parents with young children. What with only a small crowd of people riding the attraction it would be closed down in no time. Infact, i believe thats part of the reason that these attractions closed down in the first place. Plus chances are (seeing as they are apparently wanting to bring back the attraction with newer technology ;) ) That yall wouldnt like the new technology or something about it would be WAY different and you wouldnt like it anyway!

Sorry but i just dont see how bringing back either of these attractions would really help DL, personally i want to see them add something like mission space or the test track. Now that would be something loads of people would ride. ;)

SCUBAbe
08-07-2004, 09:19 AM
^^well, they won't bring them back...it' s just a what if question for fun. Like what would you rather have an island or a billion dollars...it won't happen, but sometimes fun to play..:)

Wendi
08-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Skyway... hey wouldn't it be great if they could pass the skyway through Tron??? hehehe

TikiGeek
08-07-2004, 09:48 AM
PeopleMover. Skyway had too much spitting and people trying to fall out. Disney legal would never let Skyway come back :crying: PeopleMover on the other hand, well the track is just sitting there - USE IT!!!

Dlandmom
08-07-2004, 09:58 AM
PeopleMover

stitchlvr
08-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Although I loved both rides dearly, if I had to pick one it would be the Peoplemover.

AliciasMom
08-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Skyway all the way.

Susan L
08-07-2004, 11:23 AM
The Skyway, it was fun, great for taking picture too, and a good way to get to one land to another without fighting the crowds.

disneyperson
08-07-2004, 12:57 PM
The People Mover was a great way to grab a quick respite on crowded days and I loved going in the world of Tron, but I'd have to pick the Skyway, we always rode several times a day to fly above the crowds and get to Fantasy land or Tomorrowland a little quicker. I miss them a lot.

CoasterChickie
08-07-2004, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=TikiGeek]PeopleMover. Skyway had too much spitting and people trying to fall out. Disney legal would never let Skyway come back :crying: QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? They have that type of ride at Great America and the Boardwalk and no one to my knowledge has ever fallen out. My dad did lose his shoe once though! :~D

BTW-What WAS the people mover? I don't remember that one at all! :confused:

SCUBAbe
08-07-2004, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=TikiGeek]PeopleMover. Skyway had too much spitting and people trying to fall out. Disney legal would never let Skyway come back :crying: QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? They have that type of ride at Great America and the Boardwalk and no one to my knowledge has ever fallen out. My dad did lose his shoe once though! :~D

BTW-What WAS the people mover? I don't remember that one at all! :confused:Someone opened the door and fell out. He lasded in a tree. It was totally his fault and the doors could be rigged so they can't be opened by guests. The spitting happened sometimes. Sometimes what was thought to be spit was soda or water being thrown down. They also spit on the treehouse. I've seen that on several occasions. Kids spitting on people walking on the lower levels.

The people mover was a string of cars that moved unbelievably slow on a track. It kind of toured around tomorrowland. It was cool to see the inside of space mountain, but it was something we hardly ever rode. It was just way boring. It was only good because it never had a wait and you could sit and rest while it slowly went along the track.

here's a link to a picture...look there's nobody on the ride....LOL

http://www.yesterland.com/peoplemover.html

The Mouse Is Back
08-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Alot of you arent going to like this but well i wouldnt choose either of them to come back. The way i see it, disney would spend time and money re-opening such attractions and then kids and teens and otherwise thrill seekers wouldnt give a rip about the attraction. Then the only people riding the attraction would be people who remembered it the way it was before and perhaps parents with young children. What with only a small crowd of people riding the attraction it would be closed down in no time. Infact, i believe thats part of the reason that these attractions closed down in the first place. Plus chances are (seeing as they are apparently wanting to bring back the attraction with newer technology ;) ) That yall wouldnt like the new technology or something about it would be WAY different and you wouldnt like it anyway!

Sorry but i just dont see how bringing back either of these attractions would really help DL, personally i want to see them add something like mission space or the test track. Now that would be something loads of people would ride. ;)

Luckily for us, teens are only a small part of DL's demographic.

If you want more thrill rides, go to MM. Shorter lines at DL for the rest of us. :cool:

-Allegra-

CoasterChickie
08-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks SCUBabe for the link. They have something like that at Bonfante Gardens and it is really cool because it goes through a giant greenhouse.

But I think I would still take the Skyway over the People Mover at DL :)

Tigertail777
08-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Loved both rides, but hands down it would have to be skyway. You get two rides in one as someone else said, I LOVED when we passed through the Matterhorn that was awesome! And one of the most incredible things was to ride skyway during the fireworks show. Skyway was a great way to get from one end of the park to the other during parades and shows that blocked up the paths. It would be ultra easy to just put windows in on the skyway cars, they have a set up like that in "Trees of Mystery", and it works great. However I wouldnt want the exact same skyway back, I would far prefer if they made it some kind of themed ride, like flying carpets or flubber cars. And I would love if if they did one more thing: covered over the tops of the roofs of the buildings that you went over with some kinds of cool show scenes that are placed in a vantage point in such a way that you can only see them from above in the skyway cars. Skyway was just wonderful though giving you just mind boggling views of Disneyland that no other ride could offer, and I loved how you could see the upper part of Matterhorn close up.

stitchlvr
08-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks SCUBabe for the link. They have something like that at Bonfante Gardens and it is really cool because it goes through a giant greenhouse.

But I think I would still take the Skyway over the People Mover at DL :)

FYI- the ride at Bonfante Gardens is a lot rougher and goes a lot slower that the People Mover did. It also covers a lot less track. However, I enjoy both rides. The People Mover is my favorite of the two (ride at Bonfante)

Disney Vault
08-07-2004, 06:58 PM
The skyway is a cheap canie ride that should never be put in another disney park ever. It wreckes the overall feel of the park and i would much rather have the people mover.