PDA

View Full Version : What Ride/Attraction Do You Do First?

Pages : [1] 2

awinner
11-13-2001, 01:00 PM
Years ago...I would always goto Tomorrowland and goto Space Mtn., but since that area has gone down I go over to HM or Splash...I usually end my day there too.

MammaSilva
11-13-2001, 01:02 PM
We have a family tradition that the first ride of any visit is the Matterhorn and the last ride before we leave the park is the Matterhorn....last visit the Matterhorn was down for rehab so we did Indy for the first ride then Thunder for the last ride and as we left the park it just felt "wrong" somehow.....

mad4mky
11-13-2001, 01:08 PM
Since it has opened...its always been Indy.
But, since we are coming down in a couple of weeks, it'll be Nightmare Before Christmas, then Indy.:)

Mad Madam Mim
11-13-2001, 01:24 PM
If I'm by myself I usualy hit the Theater on Main Street were they show the old cartoons first. I just love it in there, but I can never get anyone else to go with me.

Now... if I'm at the park with my little one... It's the bathroom first, with out fail, everytime . Then we go to Indy.

Not Afraid
11-13-2001, 01:59 PM
Usually the drill is Indy for a fast pass (if necessary) then HM. While we're in NOS we'll usually grab a bite. Without fail, this seems to be the ticket. Once we get done with those 2 then its off to who knows where. Lately its been the favorite coasters (MH & BTM).

PinkFloyd
11-13-2001, 02:11 PM
I always ride Space first, but like mad4mkym when I go on Thursday HM will be first

innerSpaceman
11-13-2001, 02:17 PM
Nowadays, it's Nightmare Before Haunted Mansion. But usually, believe it or not, we hit the Fantasyland dark rides first - because they can get some obnoxious lines (especially Toad and Peter Pan) that we would not want to wait in later in the day.

MouseWife
11-13-2001, 03:04 PM
Well, as our family has 2 older kids and 1 younger one, we split up. I take the younger one to all of the rides in Fantasy Land. Peter Pan is usually first, then Dumbo. While we are doing this, the others go to Indie first, then Splash Mountain.

Now that the younger one is getting older and much taller, I am kind of sad to say that he wants to go to Indie first. I still love Peter Pan!!!!!

Gemini Cricket
11-13-2001, 03:08 PM
The first ride for me is usually the turnstile at the front when they let me in.

Just kidding, the first thing I usually do is: Indy. It just seems like the best thing to do early before it gets too long... The last thing I usually do is go through the castle before we leave. It just seems right, somehow.

Ace
11-13-2001, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky
Since it has opened...its always been Indy.
But, since we are coming down in a couple of weeks, it'll be Nightmare Before Christmas, then Indy.:)

EXACTLY

when I go the 9th, I already have it planned. Run to Indy Fastpass.....get one of those, head to HMH and have fun. And yes, I do not like those Fantasyland rides either....but you forgot Alice in Wonderland....that's always sooooooooo long....

Morrigoon
11-13-2001, 05:02 PM
Time was, I used to head right into Tomorrowland and ride Space Mtn.

Fastpass and the ruination of Tomorrowland have destroyed that for me.

Now my first stop is usually Coke Corner, to see if anyone I know is about.

BiggJakeMoney
11-13-2001, 06:48 PM
Indy, ever since it's opening. It's a real kick-butt way to start your day, and gets your energy level up after having to wake up early.

-BJM

zapppop
11-13-2001, 08:45 PM
It all depends on what I'm in the mood for and how crowded the park is.

One of the 4 mountains are always good to start with.

I would recommend Splash Mountain.

Napsto
11-14-2001, 12:20 PM
it used to be peoplemover now we like to mix it up a bit. my mom loved the people mover.

tjrj
11-14-2001, 12:22 PM
We always try to ride one of the "biggies" first-before the lines get long. This time-two weeks-woo-hoo-it'll be TNBC followed by Indy.

PirateoftheCaribbean
11-14-2001, 01:11 PM
For me, it's always been Splash. Then, I'd go and see Ted and Trixie and Big Al, but not anymore:crying: .

Napsto
11-14-2001, 01:14 PM
why splash first???? don't you get dwet?

PirateoftheCaribbean
11-14-2001, 01:19 PM
Then i'll have the rest of the day to dry off.:p . Actually, It never bothers me. I could go on Splash Mountain any time, morning, afternoon, evining, or night.

Nigel2
11-14-2001, 02:01 PM
I was never the type to have a ritual first ride, heck I don't usually know which park I am going to (I have a 2 park pass) untill I get off the tram, let alone not knowing where to go first. It actually makes it more fun since I go basically whenever I want. Also when a ride is down I am completly over it since I know I can come back another day.

Gemini Cricket
11-14-2001, 02:06 PM
Am I getting old? Last time, I skipped Splash and Grizzly Peak because it was freezing cold outside. I used to do Splash first despite the weather...
Can't keep up with those young whipper snappers these days...

mad4mky
11-14-2001, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad
Am I getting old? Last time, I skipped Splash and Grizzly Peak because it was freezing cold outside. I used to do Splash first despite the weather...
Can't keep up with those young whipper snappers these days...

You and me both...If its cold out...or already drizzling rain, I'll pass on these rides. Well, there was an exception once. We were staying at The Grand Californian last February...it was cold and drizzly...we went on GRR, got soaking wet....and then ran up to our cozy warm room in the hotel, got out of our wet clothes, warmed up, put on dry ones, and started out again...:)

Sailor Butterfly
11-15-2001, 12:01 AM
Okay, I guess I'm boring, but I like to ride the train first. It's a nice way to get into the DL mood and lose those been in a car/hotel doldrums. :)

bluepearl
11-15-2001, 09:47 AM
When it's Disneyland, we'll usually get on either Indy, Space Mountain, or Peter Pan first. When it's DCA, we'll either go check out who's hosting at Drawn to Animation or immediately get on Soarin' Over California.

mrfantasmic
11-15-2001, 02:21 PM
Indy, Splash, Space.

stan4d_steph
11-15-2001, 02:35 PM
I usually try to get on Splash first, because the line gets very long during the day.