PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire video?

roband74
08-06-2004, 08:48 AM
My wife made it to the hot seat on Wednesday afternoon, and we were wondering if it was possible to purchase a tape of the show. Even though they have the cameras there, I don't know if they actually save it or not. Thanks for any info any of you may have.

kflo
08-06-2004, 10:13 PM
unfortunately you cannot purchase a tape... the show is copyrighted and if at any time the question is exposed to the public such as a video at all the questions have to be destroyed and not able to be reused in one way shape or form. also the copyright laws.. hence why there is no use of any flash photography and video recording is strictly prohibited at the sound stage(the spiel in the bldg and what the castmembers say before you enter...

Pilot Mickey
08-06-2004, 10:39 PM
then i have the only picture from inside the sound stage, cool :fez:

The Lovely Mrs. tod
08-06-2004, 10:58 PM
When tod won the million, they took polaroids for us...tod sitting in the hotseat with Mark standing next to him; tod in the chair with little tod and Mark. That and the purple streamer draped on a wall the the breakfast room are the only real, tangible inside the soundstage items we've got. No video.

Drince88
08-07-2004, 03:53 AM
When I was in WDW last year, I'd wondered if they'd changed the rule at DL, and it looks like they hadn't. In WDW, you can take pictures while they're "loading" the studio, and they let one family take pictures of their teenage daughter in the hot seat (after she'd lost) because she was so shocked to be there. Her personality was one where you were really rooting for her to keep going, 'cause she was so much fun to have in the hot seat.

sdfilmcritic
08-07-2004, 04:14 AM
Ya, they tend to go a little overboard on the Millionaire rules at DL. I don't blame them, though, for wanting to avoid legal issues. Imaging the court costs alone just to settle any problems!

roband74
08-10-2004, 06:58 AM
I figured that they probably didn't sell the videos, but I knew this would be the place to find out. Thanks for the info.