PDA

View Full Version : Music and sound on the rides

calguy77
08-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Has any one noticed that the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, even Spalsh Mountain seem to have better quality sound. I remember riding on them and barely understadning what each individual charter was saying. Now its crsystal clear. Has disney updated the speakers its using or done some sort of improvement? I'm sure someone on here would know!

tink1234
08-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Ooh! I hope they did the same for Indy, I only got to ride once and couldn't understand one word!

sediment
08-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Speakers seem the easiest to upgrade. Perhaps cleaned up the soundtrack a bit.

SCUBAbe
08-06-2004, 04:49 PM
It seemed like ot me that they turned the music down. Pirates seems much quieter now so it's wasier to hear the voices. We use to hear the yo ho song long before we reached the area...

AlxVision360
08-06-2004, 10:08 PM
I hope this is true! Could other folks verify this is the case?

sdfilmcritic
08-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Ya, I also noticed a drastic change in the audio for Pirates. The two guys hauling the treasure up hill (at the end of the ride) had grown really loud in May and then really quite in June/July. The music also adjusted volume too.

theyates6
08-07-2004, 06:41 AM
We were on POTC a few weeks ago and were stuck in an area with the Yo Ho song blasting for about ten minutes... When we rode it again a week or so later the song was no longer playing there. The ride is VERY much quieter now. I might have thought I was hearing (or not hearing) things had we not been stuck in the area, to remember that song specifically had been playing there before.

sdfilmcritic
08-07-2004, 06:49 AM
Did you also realize there are quite a few characters missing from POTC? When I visited on 8/1 there was the chubby guy with the accordian missing. Also, in the shootout in the gunpowder room at the very end of the ride all the characters on the port side of the boat (the left) were all missing.

theyates6
08-07-2004, 06:53 AM
Did you also realize there are quite a few characters missing from POTC? When I visited on 8/1 there was the chubby guy with the accordian missing. Also, in the shootout in the gunpowder room at the very end of the ride all the characters on the port side of the boat (the left) were all missing.

Yes I noticed as well (actually so did my 5 year old...my husband and other kids didn't, though). This is fairly recent (in the last couple of weeks). My 5yo said, "Look that man is shooting at nothing" at the shootout.

MrsG
08-07-2004, 03:20 PM

As of yesterday (8/6/04), the gunpowder room pirates were still missing. But the CRAB on the beach scene is back!! - Doesn't take much to make me happy ;)

And has anyone else noticed that the chickens in the auction scene have not been clucking when a gunshot goes off? Well, they seem to be clucking again.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 12:33 PM
I think sometimes just turning down the volume a bit helps with clarity.