PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Limos...Here we go again.

calguy77
08-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Was just at disney last night and I was suprised to see that on the park it listed superstar limos, as well as on the refurb board where you buy tickets it listed it as closed for refurb. Everyone on here keeps saying they took it off, well its not.

Cloud Buster
08-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Was just at disney last night and I was suprised to see that on the park it listed superstar limos, as well as on the refurb board where you buy tickets it listed it as closed for refurb. Everyone on here keeps saying they took it off, well its not.

It's off the official rehab lists backstage, and when control announces PARK OPEN they no longer announce SSL as being "closed for rehab".

SSL is GONE. There is no dispute to this, I guarantee it. It's still listed at the ticket booths because people are probably still going to DCA expecting to ride it, that gives them a heads up that they won't be able to.

SoCalDisneyLover
08-08-2004, 05:55 AM
people are probably still going to DCA expecting to ride it, that gives them a heads up that they won't be able to.

DARN! Guess there's no reason to go to that park now.

DisneylandForever
08-08-2004, 08:05 AM
DARN! Guess there's no reason to go to that park now.

LOL!

I know I was going to DCA expecting to ride it! That's the only reason I bought an Annual Pass! ;)

lenzs4
08-08-2004, 12:31 PM
With the news that Millionaire is closing and SuperStars gone - is there anything we can do to let Disney know they are getting rid of our favorites? We played Millionaire for the first time this year and replayed all day long because it was my 5 year olds favorite "ride" in the entire park (Disneyland included - yes it topped Dumbo). He has talked about playing it everyday since we have come home and it is now 3 months. He can not wait to go back and play some more and it wont be there when we return. I do not have the heart to break it to him and hope that maybe it can be relocated or saved. Any thoughts?

3IdAlienKid
08-08-2004, 02:56 PM
originally posted by lenzs4
...is there anything we can do to let Disney know they are getting rid of our favorites?...we played Millionaire for the first time this year...it was my 5 year olds favorite "ride"...maybe it can be relocated or saved. Any thoughts?
You can write to Matt Ouimet, the guy in charge at Disneyland. I think the address is 1313 Harbor Blvd. Anaheim, CA.

You can always write to Eisner and Mitchell -- the following link tells you how to contact them. http://www.savedisney.com/contact/

Unfortunately, Millionaire may be gone for good at DCA. If you haven't heard the reason for it's fate, read the last 2 paragraphs of the following link. http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al080304a.htm

There's always Millionaire at Disney Studios at WDW.

Alf
08-08-2004, 03:32 PM
If you've read any of the articles on Miceage you'll know that Matt is doing alot to restore DL to its formar glory and DCA to some sort of glory... SSL will be Monsters INC if what mice age says is true... But if Millionair is nixed to give money to the Sub project in DL I'll have to get behind that... :fez:

fiendishnessxsally
08-08-2004, 08:12 PM
does anyone else think they should turn ssl into a monorail station? I mean, the monorail goes right through there, and i think DCA needs a station. if you want to go from DL to downtown disney to DCA, you CAN take the monorail from DL, but then you have to decide between walking all the way through downtown disney, or taking the monorail back to DL and walking all the way through there.

i just think that they should make it a monorail station rather than having it be a smoking area. but then again, if they're gonna make it rock'n roller coaster instead, then i think i can bear walking. ;)

MrTomMorrow
08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
The monorail idea is great! I mean, they really missed their opportunity when they didn't put in a station at the Grand Californian. Now, they can put it in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

cstephens
08-09-2004, 01:11 PM
does anyone else think they should turn ssl into a monorail station? I mean, the monorail goes right through there, and i think DCA needs a station.

Well, it presents a problem because they'd have to check everyone's admission media to see if they have a park hopper that entitles them to go into DCA. They'd have to do a similar check at the Tomorrowland station to make sure someone who has a DCA-only ticket doesn't get off there. It would seem to present quite a delay and a lot of hassles, even though having a monorail stop at DCA would be convenient.

Andrew
08-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Well, it presents a problem because they'd have to check everyone's admission media to see if they have a park hopper that entitles them to go into DCA. Aren't they more or less moving in the direction of only selling hoppers? You can, I think, still buy a one-day one-park ticket at WDW, but they're not advertised or even visible on the sign boards.

The other possibility is to move the turnstiles from outside the DtD station to the exit gate of the Tomorrowland (and potential DCA) stations. If your ticket doesn't allow you to enter DL or DCA, bzzt! You just get back on the monorail. This does allow free round trip rides from DtD, which they may not want until the fleet is back up at full capacity.

cstephens
08-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Aren't they more or less moving in the direction of only selling hoppers? You can, I think, still buy a one-day one-park ticket at WDW, but they're not advertised or even visible on the sign boards.

If they do move to having no single-park tickets at the resort, than the monorail is obviously a much more viable option because they then wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of checking everyone's admission media. I was more disputing that Disney had made a mistake by not doing it in the first place when DCA was first built. I suppose a stop at the Grand Californian would have been good, but I'm not sure where they would have put it, because they would have had to design it differently.

sdfilmcritic
08-10-2004, 12:58 AM
does anyone else think they should turn ssl into a monorail station? I mean, the monorail goes right through there, and i think DCA needs a station. if you want to go from DL to downtown disney to DCA, you CAN take the monorail from DL, but then you have to decide between walking all the way through downtown disney, or taking the monorail back to DL and walking all the way through there.
I was just talking about that with some family members over the weekend. I think it really sucks for those people who are visiting DCA and want to leave the park temporarily to visit Downtown Disney. Right on. Totally agree.