PDA

View Full Version : Crowds this month....

mboothby
08-06-2004, 05:49 AM
I've been getting conflicting reports of how bad/good the crowds are this summer. So, I post this question to the boards here. What have YOUR experiences been this summer? Have you noticed lower capacity or same? My friends were in the park 2nd weekend in July and said it was crowded. However, just read posts on LaughingPlace commenting on how quiet is has been. Especially on Sat and Suns. Can this really be true? I'm going NEXT weekend, so I'm hoping for lower crowds, but with what I paid for the DL hotel, I figured this was HIGH SEASON! Do tell.
:confused:

sdfilmcritic
08-06-2004, 06:10 AM
I was just at DL and DCA on Sunday, Aug. 1st and the crowds seem lower than usual for the summer season. Don't get me wrong. There's still some crowds, but it's not a packed house or a desert wasteland. Last weekend the crowds I saw was in the "upper middle" of the usual crowds I had seen in the past summer seasons.

P.S. Holiday weekends are insanely crowded. My family went against my strong suggestions not to go and had to learn the hard way. Lucky for you this weekend is not a holiday weekend.

Lilo
08-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I was there for the last couple days and it was my first trip since May, earlier this year. The crowd was extremely large for peak season, in my opinion, especially compared to last summer. However, I know people who went last week and they said it was not as bad. :| Maybe it's an every other week thing lol so you might hit a low crowd. And yes, the DLR hotel prices do tell us it is definitely peak season! Anyways, sorry I'm not of too much help, but have a great trip! Let us know how it goes!

GrumpyUTboi
08-06-2004, 11:07 AM
How are the crowds on Halloween? My daughters birthday is Saturday Oct 30 and we wanted to spend the 30th and the 31st at the park. Any ideas how busy it will be?

Thanks!

Steve :confused:

smartypants723
08-06-2004, 12:05 PM
I was there on July 16th which was last month and it was crowded, but it wasn't as crowded comparing to my past visits to Disneyland from the last few years. Hope that helps~!

I'm visiting Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure tomorrow, so I'll let you know about the crowds on Sunday. :)

~Helen :D

BriarRose
08-06-2004, 02:20 PM
I went in mid July. It was crowded everyday I was there (about 2 weeks) except one quiet Sunday.

Lilo
08-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Woah hey me, too, smartypants! I'm betting on a major, major crowd tomorrow, though, for you know what, but perhaps the crowd will be diverted to DTD thus creating less of a crowd in DL and DCA. Well, we'll see tomorrow.

Saratoga75
08-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Went June 13-16 and noticed it wasnt as crowded as i thought it would be, which was a surprise!! I am going again this Sunday through Thursday so I'll have to wait and see whats changed.

SCUBAbe
08-06-2004, 05:09 PM
I went july 16-19 and the crowds didn't bother me, but we used ride max and left the park during the peak crowd times. So, thats probably why they didn't bother me...:)

sdfilmcritic
08-06-2004, 11:49 PM
How are the crowds on Halloween? My daughters birthday is Saturday Oct 30 and we wanted to spend the 30th and the 31st at the park. Any ideas how busy it will be?

I would expect the attendance to be low this Halloween. I'm planning my vacation for the last full week of the month. I went on vacation to DL & DCA during Halloween last year and it was so much fun. There was Jack Sparrows everywhere!

theyates6
08-07-2004, 06:34 AM
The crowds are very large in the afternoon/evening, but shockingly sparse in the morning first thing through early afternoon. (10 minute line for Peter Pan, Dumbo & Matterhorn, 20 minutes for Splash & Indy - etc.) We have been there once a week (usually on Saturdays) for the last month and a half and found this to be the case every day. The busiest "day" we saw was on a Tuesday early in the evening! We now just make sure we are there right before opening and leave when the crowds start to gather. (Not an option on a vacation, I know :) )

mboothby
08-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Wow...well then....we should be okay. We fly in on Sat AM, so won't be able to get into the park right when they open, but our flight is early enough that we should be in by 9:30am. So, we'll partake of all we can. Grab a FP for Indy, maybe and see what happens.

Do you know...does DL still hold you to ONE FP at a time. I'd heard somewhere that you could have TWO at a time now, but I dunno if that was a test or what.

Oh, and I know how hot it can get during the day, but I also know how bitter cold it can be once the sun goes down. What have the NIGHTS been like, weather wise?

SCUBAbe
08-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Wow...well then....we should be okay. We fly in on Sat AM, so won't be able to get into the park right when they open, but our flight is early enough that we should be in by 9:30am. So, we'll partake of all we can. Grab a FP for Indy, maybe and see what happens.

Do you know...does DL still hold you to ONE FP at a time. I'd heard somewhere that you could have TWO at a time now, but I dunno if that was a test or what.

Oh, and I know how hot it can get during the day, but I also know how bitter cold it can be once the sun goes down. What have the NIGHTS been like, weather wise?my freind went a few months ago and said she got two at a time. She said they let you get two right away and then one at a time after that, but you end up having two all day. I thought she was crazy, but maybe it was true,...LOL

When wew went in July I was not cold at night. I thought ti was compfortable. However my menopauseish mother got cold really fast. Everyone else was comfortable..:)