PDA

View Full Version : Parking Prices have been raised

sdfilmcritic
08-05-2004, 05:18 AM
The prices of parking have been raised as follows:

$9.00 for Automobiles.
$11.00 for Oversized vehicles, motor homes, tractors w/out trailers.
$16.00 for Buses, tractors w/trailers.

SCUBAbe
08-05-2004, 08:24 AM
The prices of parking have been raised as follows:

$9.00 for Automobiles.
$11.00 for Oversized vehicles, motor homes, tractors w/out trailers.
$16.00 for Buses, tractors w/trailers.
That happened months ago....

AliciasMom
08-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I have to admit I was a little bit confused when I read this post because I just went in June and it was 9$ to park.

Brown Monkey
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
And just so you know, Tower of Terror is open now too. ;)

sami869
08-05-2004, 08:52 AM
All the amusment parks up here cost $10 for parking, I've seen many places in San Francisco go have $17 for parking. The combo of being used to outragous parking fees and the fact that I have a AP so I don't have ot pay for Disney's parking makes it kind of hard for me to care. FOr those who aren't lucky enough to have free parking don't most of the hotels in the area offer a shuttle to and from Disneyland? All the hotels I've stayed in when visiting down there did. It usually only cost a couple bucks and in a few places it was even free.

Forbin
08-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Forgive him...he just registered :)

Laffite
08-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Space Mountain closed!!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
08-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Actually, the little tods and I spent the week-end in San Diego and took in Sea World on Sunday.

Parking was $7.00.

I felt as if I had been handed the bargain of a lifetime!

-Mrs. tod

cstephens
08-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Actually, the little tods and I spent the week-end in San Diego and took in Sea World on Sunday.

Parking was $7.00.

I felt as if I had been handed the bargain of a lifetime!

-Mrs. tod

People pay for parking at Sea World? I haven't paid for parking there in years! ;)

SmashFan
08-05-2004, 11:04 AM
$9 for parking isn't bad considering its $10 general parking at Dodger stadium for a 3 and a half hour game.

mjformenotyou
08-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Or $20 at PacBell Park in SF!
Oh wait, isn't it called Cingular Park now? Or something ridiculous.

I think they charge that much to deter people from driving, since they built it purposely so close to public transportation

Lindsay

JEFFJAGUAR
08-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Of course, they haven't hit on preferred parking quite yet such as at Universal.

I think it's asinine the way some people who come early are shafted by being forced to park almost a 10 minute walk from the escalators while people who arrive a minute or 2 later are sent down an adjoing row and park within a 1 or 2 minute walk of the escalators.

They have to figure out a better way to be fairer to those who arrive earlier.

Ghoulish Delight
08-05-2004, 12:32 PM
They have to figure out a better way to be fairer to those who arrive earlier.Compared to the ammount of walking one does in a day at Disneyland, even parking in the farthest corner is hardly a blip.

SoCalDisneyLover
08-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Compared to the ammount of walking one does in a day at Disneyland, even parking in the farthest corner is hardly a blip.

That's exactly what I think as I'm walking from the furthest corner of an upper upper level in the garage. But it's still a big pain and annoying, especially if you miss being able to park much closer to the escalators, just by a few seconds.

JEFFJAGUAR
08-05-2004, 01:49 PM
That's the point...there has to be a better way to make sure that the earlier you arrive, the less you have to walk. Or maybe it would be better off just first come first served.....

Polar33
08-05-2004, 01:50 PM
$11.00 for ... tractors w/out trailers.
$16.00 for ... tractors w/trailers.
Um...tractors?

I know they want to cover all the options...but let's be real. When was the last time anybody ever saw a family driving their tractor to Disneyland?

AVP
08-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Um...tractors?

I know they want to cover all the options...but let's be real. When was the last time anybody ever saw a family driving their tractor to Disneyland?They mean big rig tractors, and I see them parked in the Pinocchio lot all the time.

AVP

Polar33
08-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Ah, I stand corrected. And somewhat relieved.

Forbin
08-05-2004, 02:46 PM
They mean big rig tractors, and I see them parked in the Pinocchio lot all the time.

AVP
I always wondered that as I see them there all the time too. A GIANT Big 18wheel rig parked in the disney parking lot. That's a MIGHTY vehicle to drive just to go to Disneyland.

JeffG
08-05-2004, 03:57 PM
I always wondered that as I see them there all the time too. A GIANT Big 18wheel rig parked in the disney parking lot. That's a MIGHTY vehicle to drive just to go to Disneyland.

Those are probably truck drivers making deliveries to Southern California and then deciding to spend a day at Disneyland before heading to their next stop or back to wherever they originated.

-Jeff

Disneyfreak
08-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Submarine Voyage Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fez:

Opus1guy
08-05-2004, 10:26 PM
You mean they raised parking prices to $9 again!

When will this madness stop?

;)

BigAlH
08-06-2004, 12:41 PM
For those that do drive and park... we had free parking with our AAA tickets and because I drive a behemoth truck (1-ton Dodge Dually) to haul our 5th wheel RV down, we got to park in the oversize lot. It is by far the BEST place to park at the Mickey and Friends structure (as long as you don't mind sun beating down on your vehicle).

I did notice some not-so-oversized SUVs parked there as well. Might be worth the extra $2 to ask if you can park there.

-al