PDA

View Full Version : How about "Hidden Noises" on the Tower of Terror?!

sdfilmcritic
08-04-2004, 11:55 PM
Hidden Mickeys? Ha! He's got nothing on hidden noises!

Get this! I found out this peice of Imagineering magic all on my own without the aid of any reference books or websites. I can only speak on behalf of the Tower of Terror in Anaheim, and not the one in Florida. (I wouldn't be surprised if my discovery is in both parks.)

If you are sent to the library on the left that would lead you to the second story of the boiler room then you will have to keep your ears open. Once you get to the top of the stairs on the boiler room start listening really closely to the odd sounds creaking through the room. Once you reach the part of the catwalk closest to the wall (the last corner before you hit the "supervisor's desk" with the out of service pressure meter sitting on top) listen extra carefully. I was leaning up against this wall waiting for the line to start moving again when I swear on my life I was imagining I was hearing things.

Upon asking one of the CMs I discovered I wasn't imaging hearing things coming through the vents and pipes above my head along the wall.

Before I post what I specifically was hearing I just want to double check with other people to see if they heard it too. If you heard what I'm referring to don't say exactly what it is, just mention you heard it too. Besides, if I say what it is too soon it might spoil it for those who want to investigate the situation out on their own next time they visit DCA (or WDW).

I just find this hidden noise as fun and exciting as the last thing you hear when your ride ends is the loud clanking noise in the rear left corner of the elevator shaft.

BJW
08-05-2004, 12:44 AM
Per your request I won't say what it is, but I know what you're talking about. I have seen it mentioned elsewhere on the net but I can't remember where. I'm surprised they did this, kinda adds to the taboo of the ride, doesn't it. (Not saying I'm supersticious or anything :D )

Animalia
08-05-2004, 07:40 AM
I've only had the opportunity to ride ToT once and was taken on the very route you speak of. I did notice a familiar chalk outline on the section of the wall I think you're referring to (I couldn't resist pressing my hand against the wall to see if it would go through... :rolleyes: ... I know, I know) but I don't remember hearing anything accept the other people in the line. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

cheshire cat
08-05-2004, 11:15 AM
I also noticed around the chalk outline that there was "hidden" noises and pointed it out to my family who then noticed it too. Kinda cool really.

Ghoulish Delight
08-05-2004, 12:35 PM
You'll find it mentioned in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=27885)

If you want to know what it is:
The chalk outline, and the noises that can occasionally be heard from behind the wall, are references to the Twilight Zone episode, "Little Girl Lost" in which a girl finds a portal to another dimmension in the wall behind a book shelf.

Opus1guy
08-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Aaaah heck! I have Google Spoiler BlockerĀ® on my brower and you just spoiled it for me!!

;)

ChipmunkStar
08-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Actually, the portal was behind her bed's headboard. They thought she went through underneath the bed at first, but when their scientist friend came over to check it out, he then made the chalk lines to show how large the portal was. After the father returned with the daughter after going through himself, the portal then closed.

The sound is the little girl crying for her mommy and daddy to get her home.

sediment
08-05-2004, 03:41 PM
The Simpsons had a Halloween sketch that parodied this. In it, Homer went behind a bookshelf to escape from a visit from Patty and Selma. Oh, the hilarity!! Walking down some Valley (Burbank?) Street in "3-D".

Ghoulish Delight
08-06-2004, 02:11 PM
The Simpsons had a Halloween sketch that parodied this. In it, Homer went behind a bookshelf to escape from a visit from Patty and Selma. Oh, the hilarity!! Walking down some Valley (Burbank?) Street in "3-D"."I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!!"

sediment
08-06-2004, 02:17 PM
"Take that, Coney!! (Blows hole in dimension) Uh-oh."

BJW
08-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Sorry, I was thinking of a different noise that can only be heard when walking by the warning sign at the top of the stairs on the second level. It's kinda similar to what you guys were talking about though.

sdfilmcritic
08-07-2004, 05:49 AM
Sorry, I was thinking of a different noise that can only be heard when walking by the warning sign at the top of the stairs on the second level. It's kinda similar to what you guys were talking about though.

You are correct. The warning sign is where I heard the "noise" and it is the same noise some of the others are referring to.

But I don't think the voice of the girl is coming from the radio on top of the supervisor's desk. When I stood next to the warning sign up against the wall I heard a girl's voice saying "Mommy, please help me. Save me." The way the voice echoed it sounded like it was coming from some piping overhead.