PDA

View Full Version : The 50th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Disneyfreak
08-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Lets celebrate the comeback of the true Disneyland

1. Submarine Voyage
2. Extensive Paint and Restore Job
3. Tiki Room Restore
4. Possible Tehitian Terrace Comeback
5. New Parade
6. New Spectacular Fireworks Show
7. Main Street Restore
8. Small World Restore
9. Indiana Jones Adventure Restore
10. Restaurant Restore
11. Traditional CM's
12. An actual tribute to Walt Disney himself for once.

What do you guys think of our 50th anniversary now? Are you satisfied with our celebration or no? We originally were not slated to get many of these things. My heart and thanks goes out to Matt Ouimet!

Disney Vault
08-04-2004, 09:25 PM
I am very happy with how it is turning out. but where did you hear about a Small World being Restored and Indiana Jones Adventure Restored?

Disneyfreak
08-04-2004, 09:28 PM
It has already happend. Small World occured when they painted it white and Indy just came back from that 3 month rehab.

Opus1guy
08-04-2004, 09:44 PM
I (greedily) hope we can finally add the return of the Lilly Belle to that list.

But in all honesty Disneyfreak, and not to put a damper on your enthuiasim...these are things that should be part of normal everyday operations. Not just polish-ups because of a anniversary milestone and marketing mileage.

But it's still good to see them doing something positive. Always is. Just shouldn't be such a big deal that we have to say..."Wow...look what they're doing!" When they should have been doing it all along.

That said and despite the title of this thread, I know a few of those things have nothing to do with the 50th Anniversary per se. But to me, it seems almost a shame that some of them might not have been done if not for the 50th.

It's almost as if they needed a justification for the spruce-ups. "Hey Louie...these things need it. Let's sell it as part of the 50th thing and maybe it'll get done!" When they shouldn't need any justification at all other than providing the quality product that Disney guests have come to expect and deserve.

IMHO.

Disneyfreak
08-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Yes I agree that it should have been done all along but we had stupid people in charge before. Matt wants to keep it this way and that is what I am celebrating. :)

Pilot Mickey
08-05-2004, 12:20 AM
so disneyfreak, the subs are 100% going to happen now or is it still up in the air with the engines?

Disney Vault
08-05-2004, 08:37 PM
The subs arent 100% yet but i am felling good this time around.

Disneyfreak
08-05-2004, 09:46 PM
I have a strong feeling too about the subs this time. Matt really wants them to make a comback. I would be there celebrating when the first sub comes out of the waterfall tunnel. I certainly would be clapping and jumping up and down, wouldn't you?