PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Cost

newhdplayer
08-04-2004, 08:17 PM
A serious question for the cognoscenti!

How much, daily, weekly, or monthly to put on the fireworks show?

sediment
08-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Someone here is privy to the price of adding fireworks to a private, after-hours party. That should provide one side of a cost range.
I thought I had read $100,000 or so. Mind you, they're buying pyrotechnics in bulk, so this isn't just a one-time 4th-July dealio.

Disneynut1955
08-05-2004, 06:01 AM
I held a private party in May after park hours (I have another one in November) and was quoted approx. $125,000.00 for the fireworks and $80,000.00 for Fantasmic! They would only provide "hard" numbers if I wanted to buy the show, but said the prices quoted were a fair guideline. I elected to purchase several attractions for ride-throughs which were inexpensive at just over $1,000.00 each. Hope this helps!

sdfilmcritic
08-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Yep, it's a common practice for amusement parks to rent out certain areas, rides, or shows for X amount of dollars per feature. I had worked some after hours private functions when I used to work as an ride operator at LLC. The costs per featured unit are to cover for labor and equipment needed for a certain amount of time.

newhdplayer
08-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Thx

DisneylandForever
08-08-2004, 09:48 AM
I elected to purchase several attractions for ride-throughs which were inexpensive at just over $1,000.00 each. Hope this helps!

LOL! Only a 1000 per attraction? That is inexpensive! I'm just gonna scrap my AP and hold private parties from now on! :p

I really need to start playing the Lotto.

Bruce Bergman
08-08-2004, 11:36 AM
The figure I keep hearing bandied about is $18,000 for the fireworks show. Not sure, but I think that's just the shells alone, not the labor - which probably costs that much or more when you add up the "Loaded Labor Rate" for each CM.

You have Tinkerbell and the two stage techs at each end of her flight (4 or more total). You have the pyro techs who have to load and prepare all the tubes behind Toontown, along the nine-line across the back of Small World, on the Castle roof, etc, and then stay around to make sure it stays safe up to and during the firing of the show. You have the two stage techs running the spotlights shining on Tink. You have the show director and several safety people atching over thefireworks launchers. You have the DFD Firemen doing ember checks after the show. And then all the Guest Control CM's...

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Laffite
08-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I held a private party in May after park hours (I have another one in November) and was quoted approx. $125,000.00 for the fireworks and $80,000.00 for Fantasmic! They would only provide "hard" numbers if I wanted to buy the show, but said the prices quoted were a fair guideline. I elected to purchase several attractions for ride-throughs which were inexpensive at just over $1,000.00 each. Hope this helps!
Fantasmic is cheaper than fireworks ?

Disneynut1955
08-08-2004, 06:01 PM
LOL! Only a 1000 per attraction? That is inexpensive! I'm just gonna scrap my AP and hold private parties from now on! :p

I really need to start playing the Lotto.

$1,000.00 may not be cheap when one person desires to go on a ride, however, for a corporate function with 75 people it is extremely reasonable. They opened the attractions well over three hours after park closing and the cost to do so (cast members, electric, water, etc.) can certainly not be cheap! When compared to over $18,000.00 for food that evening, having Pirates and Indy all to ourselves seemed like a true bargain!

Polar33
08-08-2004, 07:01 PM
You have the two stage techs running the spotlights shining on Tink.
There's actually three. Two front spots on Main Street, and one back spot behind Storybook.

Also, don't forget that there is a tech up in Audio Central running audio and SMPTE for the show.

Darkbeer
08-09-2004, 07:47 AM
I just saw the Buffalo Bill's (Primm, Nevada) 10th anniversary fireworks, they were a LOT better than the current Imagine fireworks, and the reported cost was about $25,000.... I have heard that the current Disneyland show costs about $7,000 to $8,000 a night, including crowd control......

sediment
08-09-2004, 07:54 AM
The figure I keep hearing bandied about is $18,000 for the fireworks show. Not sure, but I think that's just the shells alone, not the labor - which probably costs that much or more when you add up the "Loaded Labor Rate" for each CM.

So, I could save money and set off the fireworks myself?

Bruce Bergman
08-09-2004, 08:37 AM
So, I could save money and set off the fireworks myself?

Not unless you have a pyrotechnician license and all the permits to buy and transport the shells, and a nice spot out in the open desert to shoot them off where you dont have to worry about the vegetation or buildings catching fire, getting city permits, or annoying the neighbors. :rolleyes:

You won't need to pay for a bunch of other people needed to make it all work (the other Pyro Techs, Fire Protecrtion, Crowd Control, sound and lighting, etcetera...) just load the mortars, light the fuse, get back, and enjoy your own little show. :eek:

But you also won't have Main Street and the Hub, the Castle, Matterhorn and Tink. You won't have the killer sound system and a few thousand other people to enjoy it with.

Personally, I'll spend $600 on the proper tools & a big bottle of R-134a to fill the AC in my car (I already have the Freon License) rather than pay someone else $75 to $100 each time to do it. :geek: (The old "Give a man a fish..." Vs. "Teach a man to fish..." argument.) But for a really nice fireworks show, I'd rather drive to Anaheim and let the guys who do it everyday handle it right.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--