PDA

View Full Version : ATTN D-land CMs: Work Recognition?

sdfilmcritic
08-04-2004, 05:37 AM
After visiting Disneyland for 20+ years and California Adventure since it's opened I have finally broke down and did something I have never done before. I filled out a guest comment card. After noticing a Disney Resort CM doing something that I considered to be above and beyond the usual routine tasks for her job I knew I had to visit City Hall to write a positive comment about her.

However, I don't want my guest comment to go to waste. :( I was hoping a current CM could fill me in on how supervisors and leads handle CM recognitions when guests fill out comment cards. I used to work for LEGOland, CA and they would offer a "Hero Award" for every outstanding task the person does or for every guest comment card that mentions how impressed the guest was by the person. If the person collected five Hero Awards they would receive a gold brick to add to their name badge.

Does Disneyland and California Adventure have a similar program? :confused:

Esmerelda
08-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I don't know if this is how it is handled parkwide, but in my area, the recipient of a guest compliment is given a certificate type thing and their name is usually posted in our check in area. I believe that they are also given a gold coin that they can save and use in a special vending machine.

By the way, thanks for giving out a compliment! Being a CM can often be a thankless job, so we appreciate it when this happens!!