PDA

View Full Version : My Disneyland package came today! It now feels like its real!

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
08-03-2004, 03:33 PM
I go all my stuff, tickets, motel, air fare,meal vouchers, prefered seating to several things in DCA, free voucher for 5X7 taxi vouchers ( yellow cab) train tickets etc. we are officially ready to travel in 20 days :) It really was not as real as it is now and so now I am really excited! oh boy! I am reading the unofficial guide to disneyland again and preparing to have a ball.
Has any one used there mcdonalds early passes to get in to DCA yet? I am so thrilled to have gotten these from ScuBabe and am excited to get onto soaring over california. ( my first ride in the park that day :)

rentayenta
08-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Very cool Karla. I know you are going to have such a fantastic trip. The weather will be beautiful. Did you get those mini fan thingies from Walmart yet? Remember to bring your own and film and batteries into the park as they are uber expensive there.

I am really excited for you.

lisap
08-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Have a great time--I know you will enjoy Soarin'--it's my favorite attraction at DCA. :) The Unofficial Guide is awesome--I studied the WDW for a year before I went.

Hakuna Makarla
08-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey girl, I did get my camera and memory card for it, extra rechargable batterys, and I did not find the fans,they were sold out and now I can not find any. Maybe there?

I did get this goober of a hat, sort of straw with a huge bill on it so I do not get burned ( I burn easy) so I am sure I will look pretty geeky but heh, who will know me right? LOL! I will continue to look for the fans, thanks hon **Karla

rentayenta
08-03-2004, 03:46 PM
They have the fans at DL but cost about $15 each, well worth the price but I like cheaper from Walmart. Have them get you some from the back that haven't been twirled a bazillion times so you won't have to replace the batteries.

I think your hat sounds great. DL is the best place to embrace your geekiness ;)

Just keep checking your list:
sunscreen
sharpie pens for the characters to use when signing autograph books
silly putty or some other fun gadget for the kids while in line

Wendi
08-03-2004, 06:17 PM
How exciting!!! Do you have it all laid out on the bed so you can roll in it? hehehe... I love getting all that stuff and just looking at everything over and over again anticipating the trip. Have a great time!!!

Rae
08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
I am sooo excited for you Karla, I to will be making my way to DL for the first time in the new year (29 weeks to go :D )
I have to come here to get my DL hit because all of my workmates and friends are starting to cringe because most of my sentences begin with "When we go to DL" or include "I can't do/go ... I'm saving for DL" Anyway can't wait for your trip report when you get back! :)

mad4mky
08-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Gee Karla...I am getting excited for you! Reading your enthusiastic posts about your plans to go...getting your DL package...makes me as enthusiastic for you, to get there and go have fun...as you are! :D

You will have a grand time. :) Disneyland truly is a magical place.

And, Like lisap...the first time I went to WDW, I read "The UnOfficial Guide to WDW" front and back 3 or 4 times. You should have seen my highlighter markings and 'sticky tabs' hanging out of it. :D (psssst....I did that when I went to Disneyland Paris too!) :geek:

I hope you have time to meet up with some of the padders while you are down at DL. I live up near San Francisco, so I can't be there...but maybe some of the locals will pop by just to say "howdy" :D
I have met some of the nicest people in the world on this board...and have met them in London, England...Chicago...around the Bay Area...and even DL.
I truly hope you can have such a wonderful experience as I have had meeting some neat folks. :D

SCUBAbe
08-03-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm do happy for you Karla. You are going to have a great time. I wisj i could make it down to meet you. Are you going to san diego on fri? If not, I may be able to make it down after work...:)

CoasterChickie
08-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Karla-You are going to have the best time!! I'm so bummed that we are missing you by only a few days. It would have been so fun to meet!!
Take lots of pictures and don't forget to send some to me. Don't worry...I'll have Javanod superimpose them for you since he is much better at it than I am! (Hee Hee) You're going to light up Disneyland with your joy!! :)

GrumpyUTboi
08-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Karla,

I am so jealous that you are going in 20 days. We a double digit midgets, better that triple digit midgets that we were a couple of months ago. I guess come in OCT you might be jealous of us.

Karla, if you go to HISTA you can relax for a bit in an nice air conditioned room and enjoy laugh after laugh where finally tears will flow from your eyes like wine. While everone else is hot outside you could be busting a gut in the HISTA attraction. Don't listen to these grumpy-loos, HISTA is one attraction at DL that you will love. You will thank me when you get back.

Do you have kids? Someone suggested that you take those straws that bend at the top so the kids don't tip over the cup. Whomever thought of that idea is a genuis, kind of like the person that developed HISTA.

Instead of taking an extra memory card I am taking my laptop so that each day I can download the pics onto it. My camera hold 1367 pics and I hope to take many many pics while we are there.

Steve

Hakuna Makarla
08-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Thank you all so much for your wonderful words or encouragment! I would never have learned so much with out all your help! I will be sure to take some neat pictures( but of course not as neat as all yours are I am sure :)
I feel as though I am 16 again and going on my first date, anticipating, nervous, and giddy! And thats just me, my kids are delerious! The three year old asks me every day " can we go to disneywand yet" I always count down another day, even though days do not mean much to him when I say tomorrow he will understand LOL! well I am off to bed, I get up everyday at 6:00 Am 7 days a week :( see you tomorrow

by the way, coasterchickie, I love the dog pic ! you are like me, we change our avatars so often I can not wait to see what you post next LOL!

CoasterChickie
08-03-2004, 09:11 PM
by the way, coasterchickie, I love the dog pic ! you are like me, we change our avatars so often I can not wait to see what you post next LOL!

Thanks. It was gorgeous at the beach today. I was so happy to get this shot of him with that big grin on his face. He also has cute little eyebrows but his face is too shaded to see them. I'm looking forward to your next avatar too!! :)

P.S. That's so cute how your little boy says Disneywand.

Maus
08-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Has any one used there mcdonalds early passes to get in to DCA yet? I am so thrilled to have gotten these from ScuBabe and am excited to get onto soaring over california. ( my first ride in the park that day :)
Karla,
You do know that these passes are only for Tower of Terror? Daughter and I used them on July 5. When you enter the park they give you a wristband and you go directly to ToT where you can ride as often as you like during that hour. We went four times, but we could have done 5 before the official park opening crowd came up Hollywood Blvd. Nothing else in the park was open.

What you can do is make sure you are in line at Soarin' before the park officially opens. Then it will be your second ride that day!

Maus

Dlandmom
08-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Karla, I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! Remind us when you'll be at the park, and maybe some of us will be able to meet up with you.

Hakuna Makarla
08-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Karla,

I am so jealous that you are going in 20 days. We a double digit midgets, better that triple digit midgets that we were a couple of months ago. I guess come in OCT you might be jealous of us.

Karla, if you go to HISTA you can relax for a bit in an nice air conditioned room and enjoy laugh after laugh where finally tears will flow from your eyes like wine. While everone else is hot outside you could be busting a gut in the HISTA attraction. Don't listen to these grumpy-loos, HISTA is one attraction at DL that you will love. You will thank me when you get back.

Do you have kids? Someone suggested that you take those straws that bend at the top so the kids don't tip over the cup. Whomever thought of that idea is a genuis, kind of like the person that developed HISTA.

Instead of taking an extra memory card I am taking my laptop so that each day I can download the pics onto it. My camera hold 1367 pics and I hope to take many many pics while we are there.

Steve
Hey Steve, I am jealous of me and I am the one going !! :) It just seems like a dream, as I have always wanted to go but we were poor and never got the chance as kids, and when I got to be an adult I just never had the time or money.
I will run out and get some of those bendy straws, seems like a good idea :) I wish I had a lap top, but with my kids I will be carrying enough LOL! So tell me, what is HISTA ? Is it a ride? I will need to know all about this now ok,
And I only got a 128 memory card, hope this is enough for my pictures, but I do have a mavica I am thinking of taking to. It takes floppys and so will be a quick use camera for extra pic's.
Do I need my video camera to? seems a lot to carry on the rides with me, maybe not a good idea?

Hakuna Makarla
08-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Karla,
You do know that these passes are only for Tower of Terror? Daughter and I used them on July 5. When you enter the park they give you a wristband and you go directly to ToT where you can ride as often as you like during that hour. We went four times, but we could have done 5 before the official park opening crowd came up Hollywood Blvd. Nothing else in the park was open.

I am so glad you told me LOL! I would have been in the line for Soaring LOL! Do you think my almost 4 year old will like tower of terror? I would love to go on it!

What you can do is make sure you are in line at Soarin' before the park officially opens. Then it will be your second ride that day!

Great idea!! I am going to be the first in line as I am so excited about this ride!! I have always dreamed of flying ( litterly in my sleep LOL! ) so I am so blown by the idea I will feel like I am flying, Now I hope the little one will go ont it!

Maus

Hakuna Makarla
08-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Karla-You are going to have the best time!! I'm so bummed that we are missing you by only a few days. It would have been so fun to meet!!
Take lots of pictures and don't forget to send some to me. Don't worry...I'll have Javanod superimpose them for you since he is much better at it than I am! (Hee Hee) You're going to light up Disneyland with your joy!! :)
I hope you and ScuBabe will be able to meet me next year since you are both to far away and or work. We will be on our way to San Diego by Saturday early morning so we will miss you guys, but next year I will give it my darndest to try and meet up with you both and we can do lunch, dinner or sit by the pool and drink soda's :)
I am going to try to take some great photo's and some with me alone, maybe Javanod can put my head on a super slim body and I can pretend I was georgous LOL! I have been dieting like mad, and I have some hard work still ahead of me but boy I really want to be slim! Maybe if I can see what I will look like with a bikini on it will give me super motivation Ha Ha Ha !

Surfingstitch
08-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I went at the end of august.

The tower of terror is the best.

You are going to have sooooooooooo much fun.

Is your four year old tall enough for the ride?

The minimum height is 40"

Hakuna Makarla
08-04-2004, 10:48 AM
I went at the end of august.

The tower of terror is the best.

You are going to have sooooooooooo much fun.

Is your four year old tall enough for the ride?

The minimum height is 40"
The end of August ? last year?
my 3 year old will be 4 in November and he is 41 inches high. Very tall for his age, now I hope he goes on the rides :) he tends to be a little afraid of the unknown. we shall see, if not I guess I get to see a lot of shows LOL!

Surfingstitch
08-04-2004, 10:51 AM
The end of August ? last year?
my 3 year old will be 4 in November and he is 41 inches high. Very tall for his age, now I hope he goes on the rides :) he tends to be a little afraid of the unknown. we shall see, if not I guess I get to see a lot of shows LOL!

OOPS,

I meant that I went back in the end of May.

I am working right now.

Hee Hee ^_^

The first time will be a little scary, but after that it should be fine.

Hakuna Makarla
08-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks Surfingstitch
maybe he will let us ride it more then once during the 1 hour we will be in the park before others :) I am praying he will get a bang out of all the stuff and we will not have any major melt downs. If so we can always sit by our pool and or nap a few hours. I really want to see fantasmic, not sure how yet or if we will be able to since we have to find a spot real early and he hates to sit for more then 5 minutes ever!

mystycalchyk
08-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Oh and one more thing, about the fans.

My hubby and I use these (http://store.yahoo.com/mistymate/mmp16.html).
We discovered them while on our honeymoon to Disneyland (6 years ago in July). There was a lady in front of us in the queue for TSI and she had them and we accidentally got misted...and it was heavenly. *sigh*

We went that afternoon to a 'Popular Outfitters' store down the road a bit and bought them. They were lifesavers.....and IMO much better than the squirt bottle fan things. You can find them at Walmart too.

Hakuna Makarla
08-04-2004, 12:20 PM
WOW! I am going to go to our sports shop and see if they have one, hope to not be to expensive! thanks much for the info **Karla

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
I am thrilled for you! I cannot wait until our trip.
Enjoy yourself, as I am sure you will.