PDA

View Full Version : Movie Premiere @ Downtown Disney

soccerlady16
08-03-2004, 03:02 PM
The Princess Dairies 2 premire will be at the AMC in DD this Saturday [8/7/04]. How do premires work? I would really like to take my 12 yr old sister. Do I need special tickets to watch the movie or can I just buy them at the booth? Do I need a pass to watch the actors go down the red carpet? What time should I be there? If anyone knows were to get info please let me know. My sis will go nuts if we go.Thanks!

Photographer
08-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Walt Disney Pictures'
"Princess Diaries 2"
(Starring: Anne Hathaway, Julie Andrews, Hector Elizondo, et al.)

Saturday, August 7, 2004 - time TBA
at the AMC Downtown Disney theatre
outside of Disneyland, in Downtown Disney
in Anaheim, CA

(read the contest details) (http://www.moviewatcher.com/jsp/promos/pd2/register.jsp)

keep an eye on seeing-stars.com for the time

JeffG
08-03-2004, 04:35 PM
The Princess Dairies 2 premire will be at the AMC in DD this Saturday [8/7/04]. How do premires work? I would really like to take my 12 yr old sister. Do I need special tickets to watch the movie or can I just buy them at the booth?

Movie premieres are usually pretty much entirely invitation-only. The invitation-list is generally established by the studio's marketing department, with the stars and other key crew members likely being given access to a limited number of tickets. If tickets are made available at all to the general public, they are usually through contests (like Photographer described) or they are sold at very high prices (hundreds of dollars or higher) with proceeds going to charity.

Do I need a pass to watch the actors go down the red carpet? What time should I be there? If anyone knows were to get info please let me know. My sis will go nuts if we go.Thanks!

That varies depending on how the studio decides to handle security. Most likely, there will be some sort of public viewing available for the star arrivals, but you may need to get there pretty early to stake out a spot. If you call the theater or Downtown Disney management, they might be able to give you exact information.

-Jeff

snappy
08-04-2004, 08:55 AM
The Movie Premiere is by invite/ticket only. The red carpet guest will be arriving around 1:00pm. After the showing there will be a party at DCA for the invited guest. Not sure where in the park. I know cast members are invited to line the red carpet,pretty sure guest are too. I always feel they should let the general public into these events and treat them like the people in the movie. Just my opinion since the general public/me pay for their salaries.

cstephens
08-04-2004, 10:07 AM
I always feel they should let the general public into these events and treat them like the people in the movie. Just my opinion since the general public/me pay for their salaries.

They should let all of the general public into movie premieres? You're going to need an awfully big theatre for every single premiere, though you will save some room because most of the celebrities wouldn't show up. And I've *NEVER* bought the so-called "I pay your salary" argument. They don't work for you or for me. We pay money to see their movies; we receive something in return for our money. Nobody is forcing us to go see their movies. And last I checked, the production companies pay their salaries.

experiment626
08-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Funny that the Movie Premiere is on the same day as the FREE PREVIEW that was available through Disney Visa.

We will be seeing it at 10am in SF on Saturday.

jiminycesq
08-04-2004, 11:10 AM
I had posted about this last week but no information was forthcoming. However, I did ask at the theatre, and the screening is closed to the public, there are about 1000 invited guests.

My understanding is that the DCA party is in the Hollywood district. I am surprised to read that arrivals start at 1 pm (per the post above) - that is in the heat of the day, and does not allow for the park to empty out for the party. I would have thought arrivals around 6, movie at 7, park partial closure at 8 or something similar; if they close part of the park early, paying guests will not be too happy .... Interestingly, the AMC theatre schedule website shows several theatres only showing movies in the evening.

My suggestion - Walk through Downtown Disney when you get to the Park, if you see bleachers, ask about waiting if you like - its going to be hot!

AliciasMom
08-04-2004, 11:11 AM
And I've *NEVER* bought the so-called "I pay your salary" argument. They don't work for you or for me. We pay money to see their movies; we receive something in return for our money. Nobody is forcing us to go see their movies. And last I checked, the production companies pay their salaries.

Not according to the anti-piracy ads they show in my movie theatre, lol. ;)

JeffG
08-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Funny that the Movie Premiere is on the same day as the FREE PREVIEW that was available through Disney Visa.

One of the worst kept secrets in the movie business is that very few "premieres" even come close to being the first time the movie is shown to an audience. There are usually numerous test screenings, critic screenings, promotional previews, and sometimes even paid public previews (advertised "sneak preview" showings) before the official "premiere" takes place.

The "premiere" is really more like a big release party than anything else.

-Jeff

cstephens
08-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Not according to the anti-piracy ads they show in my movie theatre, lol. ;)

Yeah, but those anti-piracy ads are done entirely wrong anyway.