PDA

View Full Version : How much are the Silhouettes?

Princess Vija
08-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I would love to have silhouettes done of my kids when we go next year. How long does it take them to do them, and how much does it cost?

Brian Noble
08-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Maybe 5-10 minutes, and less than $10, if memory serves. I remember thinking that they took less time and cost less money than I was expecting.

And isn't *that* a pleasant surprise in Disneyland!

Wendi
08-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Yes, I don't remember the exact cost, I wanna way around $7, much cheaper than I was expecting... and you get two, they cut two at once for you... great deal! And a lifelong keepsake!!!

soccerlady16
08-03-2004, 03:08 PM
$6 or $7 I can't remember, but you get 2 identical ones and it only takes 5 min. You can add a character for extra $6-7. The picture frame is extra, $12 I think

rentayenta
08-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Definetly a must have.

On a side note, when I was a child my babysitter worked at the Silhouette Shop on Main St. and took me to DL on a weekly basis. I was spoiled ;)

jiminycesq
08-03-2004, 06:21 PM
The silhouettes are $7 for one person in the "cut out", and $14 for two. You do get "two copies" because of the process itself. The frame is also well worth the money, I think it was $8 or $9; it has Mickeys around the border and shows off the "portrait" nicely.

On a related note, I was surprised when I passed the Silhouette shop Saturday and saw "Characters" offered, which is a very nice feature. As an example, you can have them do your profile with Mickey or Minnie and a number of other characters; you can also just get characters, as shown in the window with a very nice Gepetto and Pinocchio.

I recently saw an item on Ebay that discussed the history of the shop and two of the "founders", one of whom was named Nemo, and who signed his portraits as such. I would love to hear more of Nemo and the shop history, as my first visit was commemorated with a silhouette by him which I still have.

To sum it up - a unique souvenir at a great price, highly recommended!

Princess Vija
08-05-2004, 05:18 AM
Thanks everyone! I know that this will now be one of my planned souveniers. Another quick question... Do they do one person at a time, or do they have several CM's there? I am thinking I might have the whole family get one, just wondering about the time involved if I do everyone!

soccerlady16
08-05-2004, 02:47 PM
I've seen two people in there but one might just be the cashier. They do them really fast, maybe 15-20 min. for a family. Putting the frame and cut outs together takes the longest.Maybe u can have them window shop while u wait.

Does anyone know how people learn this craft? They make it seem really easy.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 12:24 PM
I am still kicking myself for not getting one done of our baby when we went in May. That is a tradition and I failed miserably. Getting his done in November but it won't be the same, it was his first trip in May. :(