PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Part of Soarin'

Pages : [1] 2

dlandnut
08-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I LOVE Soarin' over California. What is your favorite part?

Mine is when you fly over the Golden Gate Bridge, or the orange grove, or the aircraft carrier, or the river, or the ocean, etc. etc. Also love the smells that you smell when you're over the orange grove and the river. Anyone else have a favorite part? :D

sediment
08-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Patrick Warburton. (sp?)
The first big liftoff. After that, it's a letdown.

BriarRose
08-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Umm...I like when you go to Disneyland best I think.

SallySkellington
08-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I like it when you swoop down low and you think your feet are going to hit water or trees (or someone's head :~D). I also like it when the golf ball comes flying at you. I flinch every time!

CarlieB
08-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Going over the river, and arriving at Disneyland:)

SCUBAbe
08-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I like when the jets fly by. Thats exactly how it souds around my house on some days. They do alot of test flying and I think my house is in the flight pattern...LOL...when the stealths fly over everything shakes. They are sooo loud, but by the time you go out to see them they are long gone..:)

BigAlH
08-02-2004, 03:42 PM
After we rode it the first time my wife commented that she saw a ship in the SF Bay that she took her class on for a field trip. We all looked the next time and sure enough it looks to be it. It's the Hawaiian Chieftain (http://www.hawaiianchieftain.com/). They did the hands-on voyage and all the kids got to take the helm. Since you don't normally see replica 18th century ships on the bay it's most likely the Chieftain.

Outside of that, I love the part when you swoop down over the river and the fisherman casts right past you.

-al

sediment
08-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Outside of that, I love the part when you swoop down over the river and the fisherman casts right past you.
-al
Yeah, but I hate it when I'm the one that gets hooked. Ouch!

stitchlvr
08-02-2004, 04:32 PM
I love all of it! By far, my favorite part is flying over Disneyland and into the Fireworks!

SCUBAbe
08-02-2004, 04:37 PM
I love all of it! By far, my favorite part is flying over Disneyland and into the Fireworks!
The only thing I don't like about that is they filmed it during christmas. So, all the decorations are up for the holidays and the christmas parade is going down the street. It's cool during the holidays, but a bit out of place this time of year.

stitchlvr
08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Everyone's different. That doesn'[t bother me at all. In fact, I was thrilled when I saw the holiday decorations were up. That is by far my favorite time of the year at the park and it gives me just a little dose of it at other times of the year!

MrsG
08-02-2004, 06:21 PM
I love the part that goes over Disneyland. But I didn't smell anything??

AnnaBanana
08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
I loved the feeling when flying over the river and feeling like your feet might touch the water...I was very tempted to lift up my feet! Does anyone else have a preferred place to sit in the ride? My first time on the ride I was in the second row and really felt like I was flying. The next time I sat in the third row and could see the outside of screen, which distracted me a little bit.

dcadon
08-02-2004, 06:53 PM
I see my work flying over the Golden Gate Bridge. Far right side of the screen, on the cliff overlooking the water.

That, and the rocketrod!

-Don

Maus
08-02-2004, 06:59 PM
...I was very tempted to lift up my feet!
Ha--I always do that! It adds to my experience! I like that part best. I also enjoy skimming past the skiers.

SallySkellington
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM
I loved the feeling when flying over the river and feeling like your feet might touch the water...I was very tempted to lift up my feet!

I always kick at the water, trees, people's heads, etc. It's fun! :D

derraj25
08-02-2004, 07:55 PM
I have a funny story about Soarin'...Last October when we were there, my 6yr old son and I just got off of Grizzly and were soaked from head to toe. And then we took our maden voyage on Soarin'. When the glider dipped into the pacific, my son let out a screech. When the ride was over, and me still having my soaked clothes on, pointed to my feet and had him convinced that my feet got wet on the ride. It was awesome. That is my favorite part!!!

---

Opus1guy
08-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I like when you soar over Michael Eisner's stock options and try to spot the Hidden Mickey. And let me tell you...Mickey is really hidden. Almost like he's not there at all!

Weeeeeeee!

;)

MrTomMorrow
08-02-2004, 09:47 PM
I love the very beginning when you first take off in the darkness and then are thrust forward into the opening scene through the clouds that reveal the beautiful San Francisco Bay. It's just wonderful with the music building up to that moment. Thank you, Jerry Goldsmith.

MrTomMorrow
08-02-2004, 09:48 PM
BTW, I was just listening to the "Rudy" soundtrack (also by Jerry Goldsmith), and in the finale track, there are moments that definitely remind me of the "Soarin' Over CA" soundtrack.

CoasterChickie
08-02-2004, 10:13 PM
I love Soarin' right from the moment I step into the long corridor with all the old airplane photos. And they could not have picked a better M.C. than Patrick Warburton. We always make sure we sit in the middle section as high as we can. It's too hard to pick a favorite part because they're all great. I would just really like to experience the "smells" of the ride next time we go!!

DisDreams
08-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Should we all start a petition to have a certain "smell" emanate over the Main Street USA section of the film at the end? How about the smell of cinnamon buns? Or peppermint candy canes? Or....?

Tigertail777
08-03-2004, 02:25 AM
LOL I like the smell idea over Disneyland. I am not a huge fan of the ride I thought it was decent.. if it had more interactive things I could really dig it.. like say fog in the theater while over san fran, actual heated air blown at you while over the sort of desert area... fiber optic fireworks kind like pleasure island in pinnochio but on a bigger scale for the Disneyland finale... that kind of thing to make it more real. I will say I LOVE the music score, very beautiful music! Oh and Patrick Warburton is a hoot in the pre-ride film, I almost wish he was doing some narration while we are "flying" LOL.

I also think it would be neat if they had several slightly different films that travel over differnt areas of california... if I remember correctly they dont even show the redwoods much? Various rotating films would certaintly make me want to ride it a lot more.

Tutter
08-03-2004, 04:01 AM
I loved it all because it was a great chance to see what California outside of LA looks like for me. But I have to admit arriving over Disneyland is a big thrill.

Photographer
08-03-2004, 05:17 AM
The takeoff is my favorite part. After that it's seeing all the surfers and saying "Woo hoo" along with them. :cool: There was a really funny guy working at Soarin' once, talking to groups before the video began. Only saw him that one time :(