PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from the WDW weekly update as it applies to DLR

Pilot Mickey
08-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Walt Disney World is already getting Soarin'—an import of Soarin' over California—from the Disneyland Resort in California. Now, even the Anaheim resort's commercials are being “repurposed” for the Florida resort. A Disneyland commercial featuring a dog running around the park and riding the rides has been redone to promote Walt Disney World. The only problem is that readily identifiable features of the California park remain in the commercial, including water under the Dumbo attraction, Sleeping Beauty Castle (with the Matterhorn briefly in the background), and the Astro Orbitor at ground level. While Cinderella Castle has been edited in at the end, many scenes are obviously not from WDW. It seems that even WDW can be the “poor stepchild” sometimes.

WDW should get treated like the "poor stepchild" sometimes to take the load off Disneyland :~D

danyoung
08-02-2004, 05:24 AM
Disney as a corporation will put their money where they can get the most return. While all of us regulars will see that DL has been hurting in the past few years, I'd bet that there's much more of a chance of return on investment in Florida. Plus, DL just got a new E-Ticket attraction in TofT. Opinions vary as to the success of it, but it did require a substantial investment. And we're finally getting all of this terrific painting and fixup done. Now if WDW would just give us Walt's office back!!!

MrTomMorrow
08-02-2004, 09:19 AM
I know! I thought they were just "borrowing" it. I don't think Disney-MGM's tribute to Walt would suffer that greatly (especially since they already have so many cool models and other artifacts) if they returned Walt Disney's office. And come on, it's Disneyland's 50th. It's the least WDW could do to help out its sister park.

Pilot Mickey
08-02-2004, 10:49 PM
i just have a bias against the east coast because it seems that they all ways get the better of anything :mad:

TP2000
08-03-2004, 12:20 AM
i just have a bias against the east coast because it seems that they all ways get the better of anything :mad:

Not when it comes to weather or regional accents. SoCal has gotten the better end of the bargain on both of those items.

But this commercial for WDW makes me laugh; it seems very sloppy and cheap. I doubt most East Coasters even realized the error however.

JEFFJAGUAR
08-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Quick Thought...

How much sense does it make to have a film about California and only about California at the Florida location? When we had circlevision 360, which this is evidently the technological replacement for, it was not regionalized, it showed the whole country and was appropriate for both California and Florida.

Why not make such a movie more appropriate to Florida???

Just asking.

danyoung
08-03-2004, 07:42 AM
As I understand it, there is a new movie in the works. But for now the attraction will open with the existing movie. And even tho it's solely California scenery, the shots are so beautiful and the experience so much fun that I doubt anyone will complain.

sediment
08-03-2004, 08:34 AM
And at the end, they'll show the Dreaming Disneyland Dog in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle!

Brian Noble
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
or regional accents

Dude, totally.

-brian, who lost his Michigander intonations after only six months in Northern California.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 12:17 PM
IMHO this is the first time I have EVER seen WDW treated as the poor stepchild.