PDA

View Full Version : Halloween has arrived at the resort

cstephens
08-01-2004, 09:33 PM
If it's August 1, it must be Halloween. Halloween stuff has arrived at the resort, though I don't know when they actually arrived - we just noticed them today. They have a new antenna ball - regular black Mickey head ball, but he's got black wings outlined in orange on one side and a face (eyes, nose and smiling mouth) painted in orange on the other side, complete with two fangs.

They also have a couple of beanies out - one of Mickey and one of Minnie. The Mickey one has him dressed in a black tuxedo (pants, vest, white shirt and bowtie) with a cape that's black on the outside and red on the inside. In one hand, he's holding an orange bag that says "Trick or Treat" on one side and "Happy Halloween 2004 Disneyland Resort" on the other side. In the other hand, he's holding a lantern, and if you push the bottom, it lights up, blinking a few times before it goes off. Mickey has pointed vampire eyebrows. Oh, and he's got two little white fangs sticking out of his mouth. I love that part! On the bottom of his left foot, he has a metal tag in the shape of a bat that says "Happy Halloween 2004 Disneyland Resort". Price is $10. I don't buy that many beanies anymore, but I loved this one, so we picked one up. The Minnie beanie is dressed as a witch and also has the trick or treat bag, but in her other hand, she's holding a broomstick. She's cute but didn't catch my fancy enough to buy one.

Happy Halloween!

MrTomMorrow
08-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Wow, a full three months early.

Dlandmom
08-02-2004, 08:15 AM
I got a postcard in the mail last week promoting get 10% (or $10, I can't remember) off a $50 purchase...it had Halloween theming all over it. I actually tossed it since I get that with my AP anyways...plus, I still have my 20% AP renewal coupon I haven't used yet....

disneymania
08-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Not everyone visiting the park will be able to purchase those items in October, so I can see why they are for purchase during the busy month of August.

CarlieB
08-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Wow, it is kind of early, but I guess time is marching on...before you know it, it will be October. The Mickey beanie sounds so cute:)