PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, water is back in the moat, and MORE tarps are in place....

Darkbeer
08-01-2004, 06:27 AM
Here are a few selected photos from July 31st...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/179586

ENJOY!:fez:

Animalia
08-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the photos Darkbeer.
All the castle needs now is a giant bow and gift tag. :D

Darkbeer
08-01-2004, 07:12 AM
By the way, I need to thank ALL of you, my little smugmug site has grown... I am now the number 1 location at Smugmug.com.... in the month of July, I had 977,129 hits (WOW!)... FYI...from Smugmug.com

>>These stats represent "real" hits only, not cached hits. Chances are good that a high percentage of these "hits" are unique photo viewings, since the vast majority of web browsers will cache the images.

Every time someone views one of your photos, at a specific size, for the first time, a "hit" is logged, and you see that statistic here. Every time they come back and view that photo, their view is NOT logged a 2nd, 3rd, etc time. <<

I have been asked about referrals.. here is a link...

http://www.smugmug.com/?referrer=K2NxmQOlrgDcM (http://www.smugmug.com/?referrer=K2NxmQOlrgDcM)

Thanks again, glad to see you enjoy the photos :fez:

CoasterChickie
08-01-2004, 08:03 AM
I think the moat looked better without water in it!! Where did that water come from...the sub lagoon??? I sure hope the nasty little bugs didn't come with it!(I'm mostly kidding. I'm not really this big of a whiner. )

Thanks for all the photo updates and congrats on your smugmug site!

P.S. Is that your wife/girlfriend in the last photo...she looks very sweet!!

Darkbeer
08-01-2004, 08:12 AM
P.S. Is that your wife/girlfriend in the last photo...she looks very sweet!!
SIGH... Kameko is a just a "friend", though she is a good theme park/drinking buddy..... Whoever becomes Kameko's "special" friend will be a VERY lucky guy.....:fez:

Alas, I am currently single and available.... Gee, where do you think I get time to take so many photos.....;)

But for the right woman.........:)

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks very much Darkbeer. I love to see all of your photos, thanks for sharing.

disneymania
08-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Thank you so much for all of your photos. Seeing the castle like that makes me sad, but I'm very happy to see water back in the moat.

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Great to see your photo;s darkbeer, I always enjoy it when you post new ones! But about that horrible looking water, coasterchickie is right that looks terrible!

Drince88
08-01-2004, 11:54 AM
In addition to the "loverly" color, I really liked the floating wood? I'd noticed earlier they were using that as a staging area for wood - did they forget to pick it all up? :confused:

SCUBAbe
08-01-2004, 12:01 PM
The water is suppose to look yucky. It's a moat.

"a deep and wide trench around the rampart of a fortified place (as a castle) that is usually filled with water
"

because this was still water it often got to be stagnet....disney got the theming down on that one...it looks stagnet, but thankfully does not smell stagnet..LOL

Drince88
08-01-2004, 12:10 PM
The water is suppose to look yucky. It's a moat.

"a deep and wide trench around the rampart of a fortified place (as a castle) that is usually filled with water
"

because this was still water it often got to be stagnet....disney got the theming down on that one...it looks stagnet, but thankfully does not smell stagnet..LOL
Well, let's hope they don't go totally authentic on us. Wasn't it used as the sewer as well?

SCUBAbe
08-01-2004, 12:17 PM
^^ I think so...LOL...I know they only bathed once a year and they had several castles. So once one got to rank they would leave for another one...that way the first one could be aired out and cleaned...sounds like a lovely time to live in...LOL...

AaronInCal
08-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Actually, if you look closely, they did not fill the moat back up totally. What looks like floating wood, is actually the concrete blocks they used to use to anchor the wires to hold up the Christmas trees that used to go on either side of the Castle. In the center of the 3 blocks you can see the round tube they put the Christmas tree into. Looks like they just did not want all the pipes and stuff showing during the rehab, so they filled the moat back up just enough to cover all that.

pboeoahr
08-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Darkbeer,

I really appreciate the photos. It gives me an idea on what the park will look like for our trip down next week. We planned the trip with some friends and should have waited one more year, but my two daughters (7 and 11) couldn't wait. At least they get to go with a friend this time rather than just the parents.

Keep up the great work. It's nice to see what is happening when you can only go once every 5 - 8 years. :D

BriarRose
08-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Aw...I was expecting the water to actually look healthy. They need to put blue coloring in their or something. Thanks for the pictures!

MrTomMorrow
08-01-2004, 09:10 PM
I think the castle looks a bit better completely covered up than before, when only the top half was covered and the lower turrets were still showing... that looked a bit odd.

CoasterChickie
08-01-2004, 09:26 PM
I was thinking that maybe if they're going to keep that big blue tarp up for a while they should just paint a great big picture of the castle on it! :)

Hey Darkbeer-If you're single and available you really should consider going to the Renaissance Faire...the women outnumber the men about 5 to 1 and everyone there likes dark beer! :fez:

SCUBAbe
08-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey Darkbeer-If you're single and available you really should consider going to the Renaissance Faire...the women outnumber the men about 5 to 1 and everyone there likes dark beer! :fez:
Who wouldn't like dark beer...it's the best...I love the black and tan at black angus...:)

BigAlH
08-02-2004, 08:31 AM
I think the moat looked better without water in it!! Where did that water come from...the sub lagoon???

I'm sure the water around the castle is some of the cleanest free-standing water at the park. Remember, the beloved swans live there and the castle is THE landmark. Just colored.

Now the sub lagoon is more "naturally" colored. :)

-al

CoasterChickie
08-02-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm sure the water around the castle is some of the cleanest free-standing water at the park. Remember, the beloved swans live there and the castle is THE landmark. Just colored.

Now the sub lagoon is more "naturally" colored. :)

-al

Well I'm glad to hear it's clean but what makes it so green? Thank goodness they didn't use the dark blue tidy bowl water from Paradise Pier to fill the moat!! :)

Disney Vault
08-02-2004, 08:03 PM
i'd rather have the dark blue than the dark green.

Darkbeer
08-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Well, the water level is back to normal, and the green dye has been added, so it looks about the same... a few ducks were enjoying the moat today.....