PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Mountain back up and running!

SJSman
07-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah right.. I wish..

Andrew
07-31-2004, 07:47 PM
Funny man.

Disneyfreak
08-01-2004, 12:54 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

RLS Legacy
08-01-2004, 09:10 AM
If the CA Department of Occupational Safety and Health has come to the same conclusion as ex-Imagineer Michael Strong did (see MousePlanet's Thursday 7/29 mailbag (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mailbag/m040729.htm)), they're probably going over the Big Thunder Mountain PLC code to see if anyone rewrote the original code's failsafes with a 'quick fix'. If trains can now collide in the storage area (once impossible), it might be possible for an occupied collision to occur.

In one respect the latest 'bump' is more frightening than last year's fatal accident. It's fairly easy to see when maintenance problems occur, and the steps to correct them can visually identified. If Mr. Strong's theory is correct and some goofball altered the PLC code so it doesn't work correctly, *any* car can have an accident, no matter how well maintained the equipment is / alert the cast members are. It could be a long review before BTM gets the go-ahead to reopen.

I wonder if Mr. Strong would be available to the OSH as a consultant? If he remembers the systems half as well as he states, it would help their investigation tremendously...

splashmtngurl
08-01-2004, 10:04 AM
I dunno, some of the recent photos i have seen portrayed a fairly dismantled set of engines. I cant imagine this ride re-opening for a while.....especially with DOSH so involved with the attraction, seeing as it has had three accidents in 10 months time. We'll be lucky if they re-open in time for the 50th.

Vegitabeta
08-01-2004, 10:13 AM
That's hilarious that is :|

splashmtngurl
08-01-2004, 10:30 AM
:mad: no kidding