PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel

Susan L
07-31-2004, 11:47 AM
We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel 10-22 through 10-29-04. We have previously stayed at Paradise Pier Hotel and although we liked it the walk from the Monorail station after being at the park all day and night is very long. Anyways my question is at PP you can go through a back entrance of through the GCH to get to DCA. Does anyone know if guest of the DLH can do the same? And does Fantasmic play during the dates we will be there?

SCUBAbe
07-31-2004, 12:23 PM
I don't think DLH has a private entrance into either park, but it's pretty close to the monorail.

Pookie
07-31-2004, 12:32 PM
We just stayed at the DL hotel and no there is no private entrance to DCA. The monorail is not that far away to walk but make sure you request a tower that is closer to the monorail.

MrsG
07-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Just returned from a stay at PPH for the first time. We MUCH preferred the DLH and the short walk to the Monorail and DtD. The Bonita tower is the farthest from the monorail.

disneymania
08-01-2004, 09:58 AM
My understanding is that no, Fantasmic will be closed while you are there.

Niwel
08-01-2004, 11:46 AM
As far as I know the GC gates (near Sephora) from Downtown Disney are open bright and early -- I've entered DCA that way even without staying at the hotel. I think that might be your best bet, plus you can get some breakfast at Whitewater Snacks.

DL4EVER
08-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Actually, PP guests have their own entrance as well...at least they did. It put you out by Muholland Madness and the Sunglasses Dinosaur.

SCUBAbe
08-01-2004, 12:04 PM
As far as I know the GC gates (near Sephora) from Downtown Disney are open bright and early -- I've entered DCA that way even without staying at the hotel. I think that might be your best bet, plus you can get some breakfast at Whitewater Snacks.
We tried doing this once and the gates were locked....:(

SCUBAbe
08-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Actually, PP guests have their own entrance as well...at least they did. It put you out by Muholland Madness and the Sunglasses Dinosaur.
Its' still there. You have to cross a street to use it, but it wasn't a bad walk...:)

Drince88
08-01-2004, 12:13 PM
When I stayed at PP, you had to use your room key to open it -- but I don't remember how they had the ticket check (and bag check), though.

SCUBAbe
08-01-2004, 12:15 PM
When I stayed at PP, you had to use your room key to open it -- but I don't remember how they had the ticket check (and bag check), though.
The room key opens the gate, then you walk along this path that is kinds smelly. (they say it's the trees..I think it's the fertilizer) At the end of the path there are people who check your bags (no tables though) and turn styles to go through where they scan you tickets. :)

Niwel
08-01-2004, 01:11 PM

I'm sorry :( I haven't had a problem about 30 minutes before Disneyland opens (since many grand californian guests come out that way).

Susan L
08-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone, its a bummer we won't be able to see Fantasmic again. Oh well one of these days.