PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Room View

piratefamily
07-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Does anybody know what would be the best kind of room to see the happenings of New Years Eve from the Grand Californian?

lisap
07-30-2004, 07:20 PM
You won't be in the Park NYE? That's the best place to see the goings on ;). I guess I would request a DTD view as close to DL as possible in hopes of seeing the fireworks. The DCA park view only shows GRR and distant views of Paradise Pier. Someone may know if they do a pyro show in that direction ( I doubt it, but it's possible).

Wendi
07-30-2004, 09:10 PM
You won't be in the Park NYE?

If I remember correctly the whole pirate family is going - pirate parents are going to enjoy the festivities in the park while pirate grandma watches the little pirates at the hotel... I could be wrong though!

In answer to the OP question... I don't know. I would think DTD would be the best view unless DCA will be having a celebration as well.

piratefamily
07-31-2004, 07:40 AM
Wendi, you are so right. My wife and I will be in the park all night. We just want a great view for the grandparents who will be watching the kids. I had figured that DD would probably be better. Thanks for the info.

Does anybody know how loud the DD rooms are?

MOUSELUVR
07-31-2004, 09:56 PM
We had a room last summer with a DTD view and it was very quiet. If you open the sliding glass door you can hear the music, but with it closed it is very quiet. Our room was directly over the hotels entrance to DTD and we had no noise problems at all. :D

BJW
08-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Does anybody know how loud the DD rooms are?Hate to have to disagree with Mouseluvr, and I don't know how high of a room Mouseluvr stayed in, but it was very noisy. We were right above the rooftops of the DTD stores. Christmas carols were blasting all night, even when everything at DTD was closed and there were no more guests. Even with our sliding glass door closed it was still so loud we couldn't sleep. We called the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do about the music so they adjusted our bill $50 or something like that and apologized. The view of the fireworks was awesome, but if you're a light sleeper I wouldn't recommend this.

only1mouse
08-02-2004, 12:09 PM
I have to agree with MOUSELUVR on this one. We had a DTD view and when we closed the doors we couldn't hear anything. We were quite amazed at that fact - we thought we'd be up all night. I can't remember exactly, but I think we were on the 3rd floor. Guess that means it's time to go back, I can't even remember what floor :crying: