PDA

View Full Version : Character Memories

BriarRose
07-30-2004, 12:47 PM
What's your favorite character memory? I remember the first time I met Mickey. I was so excited I drew him a picture :). Also, I was wearing gelly shoes when I met Cinderella and she said they were just like her glass slippers. Man, that made me feel special, lol.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-30-2004, 12:56 PM
My mom has a photo of me, about 2 yo and my dad is holding me standing by Captain Hook, who has his hooked hand held up to show me, I have a shocked look on my face with my hand over my mouth! It is a priceless photo.
On our last trip in May, my mom kept my then 10 month old while we took our 2 yo in to meet Mickey. While she was watching our baby in Toon Town, Goofy came out. He was learning to walk and walked over to Goofy who put his hands out to help him. Then our baby sat down, and Goofy sat on the ground with him. It is so cute and all captured on video!

mjformenotyou
07-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Certainly not my earliest memories, but my best are from when I was about 6 or 7, and our family seemed to have the best interactions with characters ever on one single trip.

For me, one was with Mary Poppins, who at the time when I approached her, was either leaving, or had no other guests to attend to, so she asked me if I wanted to take a short walk with her along Main street while she signed my autograph book and interact and talk. Also, my parents have a picture of me on the same trip with Prince John from Robin Hood - one of my favorite childhood movies - and we are both sucking our thumbs in the picture, a bad childhood habit I didn't break until a year or so after the trip.

Also, little sister on the same trip, who was 3 or 4, with Down Syndrome, got to spend at least 10 minutes with Cinderella and two of her lady mice attendants, in a nook in the castle. One of the mice had been using sign language to the others, and my little sister being speech delayed and taught some ASL in preschool, saw the signs and immediately began signing away to them. They fawned over her for awhile, making it possible for ADORABLE pictures. We also have pictures of my little sister "feeding" Captain Hook popcorn through his large mouth, which he let her do, kneeling down at her stroller.

Lindsay

AliciasMom
07-30-2004, 02:09 PM
This memory happen when I was in 7th grade. We were there for CJSF/CSF night (if you have good grades and perform community service you could join the club). I was with all my friends and we all split up because 6 out of the 8 of us wanted to spend all their time in Tommorowland while my friend Jen and I wanted to go to Toontown. While in Toontown we met so many characters. Dale and Goofy were standing in one corner so we ran up and gave them hugs (not many of the teens there were very interested in the characters). When we tried to leave they wouldn't let us go, getting on their knees, pretending to beg, proposing. It was a hoot! I wish I would have had a camera.

Another special character memory is when my daughter Alicia met Minnie Mouse for the first time. Minnie played peek-a-boo with her and Alicia just went nuts laughing. We bought the picture from the photographer because it was so adorable. Later that day she met Minnie at Ariel's Grotto. Alicia didn't want her to leave our table after she was done. She actually started crying, poor thing. And whenever Minnie walked by Alicia just tried to get her attention. It was love at first sight.

Photographer
07-31-2004, 05:12 AM
:) I have a bunch. When I'd go to the park alone, I'd just like to sit and watch characters interact with guests. One day in Critter Country I saw Tigger pull the shoe off a little boy -maybe 6 years old. He squeezed the shoe between his feet while the kid tried to reclaim it. It was hilarious and I have a cute photo of it.

In ToonTown, my friend Yoli and I were standing on the sidewalk neat Chip 'n Dale's treehouse. Pluto is heading our way when a 40-something year old woman grabs him by the "leg" arm and tries pulling him towards her. He broke free and walked over to us. Points to my friend's water bottle, so she hands it to him. We asked if he was really hot and he shook his head "Yes." He starts pouring the water into the mouth, hands the bottle back, sticks his nose into the popcorn and then licks a kid who'd walked over. Since the tongue was wet the kid yells "Ewwww doggy slime." It was very funny.

I can't wait to go back. Just a few more days. *sigh*

Animalia
07-31-2004, 07:01 AM
One of my fondest memories goes back to 1982. My sister and I flew to WDW for the grand opening of EPCOT. It was my first big trip without the parents so about half way through I wrote them a post card and went down to the lobby to mail it. I was feeling a little run down as I stood at the front desk waiting for the clerk to finish helping another guest when Pluto appeared from a small cafe just off the lobby. Apparently finishing his visit to a character breakfast he was passing through the lobby to the backstage area. He saw me standing there and stepping up next to me, leaned on the front desk. He gave me a quick wave of his paw and pointed at the post card I was holding. Without thinking I handed him the post card. Funny how I had no problem handing a Disney character something so personal. He held the card above his nose and glanced at it quickly before handing it back. I told him it was for my parents. He gave me a thumbs up (as best he could with paws) and then patted me on the back before skipping off to the backstage door. I didn't feel run down after that. Pluto has been my favorite ever since.