PDA

View Full Version : Can guests pool hop? [? about Disneyland hotels]

Pages : [1] 2 3

stinkyface
07-30-2004, 11:38 AM
I can't remember where I read the answer to this, but can dl resort hotel guests 'poolhop' or are they only allowed to use the pools at the resort they are staying at?

Tinker Bell
07-30-2004, 12:23 PM
If I remeber right I was told GCH you can go to any of the hotels.(But Y would ya)The DLH can use their's and PP.PP can use there.

Wendi
07-30-2004, 12:29 PM
I haven't been there in two years, so this may have changed... at that time guests of the Grand Californian could hop into any of the resort pools, guest of PP and DLH could hop between the two but couldn't use the GCH pools.

dsny1mom
07-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok, this has been misunderstood for a long time. Let me set everyone straight as to what DLR's rules are.

Each hotel has their own pool. As a guest of one hotel the only pool you are supposed to use is the one at the hotel you are a guest at. The only exception was for the PP guests, they were allowed to use the pool at DLH, but now they have a nice new pool and so that no longer applies.

Now back a few years ago there were some CMs saying the guests at the GC could use any of the other pools, they were wrong. The keys for the GC rooms worked for the gates at the other two pools but by no means were the guests supposed to use any pool other than their own.

If someone wants to swim at the DLH they need to stay at the DLH. Same goes for the concierge lounges. If you stay at DLH you can not use the lounge at the GC.

Using your key to enter an area that is hotel guest exclusive (ie; pool, conceirge lounge) can get you ejected if you are caught and possibly put the remainder of your hotel stay in jeapordy.

Hope this clears this up.

dsny1mom

Tinker Bell
07-30-2004, 02:28 PM
My friend who stayed in June 04 at the GC was told she could use any of the pools she wanted.So may DL needs to send memos out again on this.

Wendi
07-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Ok, this has been misunderstood for a long time. Let me set everyone straight as to what DLR's rules are.... Now back a few years ago there were some CMs saying the guests at the GC could use any of the other pools, they were wrong. Well, it was definitely allowed when I was there two years ago... not only were we told by staff that we could use the pools, it was written in our information as an exclusive benefit for GCH guests.

dsny1mom
07-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey Tinkerbell:

Could you find out for me what station the CM was at and when they that told your friend they could use any pool. Was it at check in at the front desk, another place and time, etc.

If you can let me know I'll make sure mgnt looks into it.

Thanks

dsny1mom

entertainment host
07-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey Tinkerbell:

Could you find out for me what station the CM was at and when they that told your friend they could use any pool. Was it at check in at the front desk, another place and time, etc.

If you can let me know I'll make sure mgnt looks into it.

Thanks

dsny1mom

Last time I checked this was just a disneyland discussion board. THERE IS NO AFFLIATION WITH THE RESORT. I sure hope that TINKERBELL does not respond to this message. It makes me upset to think that you, dsny1mom, think that you are going to be able to get someone else in trouble for what they did. I think that if the people really have a problem with it they should seek out the right help themselves, when they are at the resort. I am sure that you are a fellow castmember and that you think that you are "high and mighty" because of it. You just need to calm down because your tattle-tale like attitude is the one thing that really annoys me about these boards. Everyone complaines about nothing! Get a life.... :mad:

dsny1mom
07-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Last time I checked this was just a disneyland discussion board. THERE IS NO AFFLIATION WITH THE RESORT. I sure hope that TINKERBELL does not respond to this message. It makes me upset to think that you, dsny1mom, think that you are going to be able to get someone else in trouble for what they did. I think that if the people really have a problem with it they should seek out the right help themselves, when they are at the resort. I am sure that you are a fellow castmember and that you think that you are "high and mighty" because of it. You just need to calm down because your tattle-tale like attitude is the one thing that really annoys me about these boards. Everyone complaines about nothing! Get a life....

Whoa, hold on EH........

I am NOT an CM. I do know what I have been told by the DLR and I am NOT, I REPEAT NOT, trying to get anyone in any trouble. Some of us would just like to see consistancy in policy and not see a guest be embaressed by being asked to leave a pool area. I didn't ask for anyones name. I asked for the postion so that way mgmnt can make sure all CMs are giving the accurate info to all guest.

Sorry if you feel the desire to make sure all guests are given the same info is the need to get a life. For some, like myself, making sure all guests of the DLR are treated equally and fairly is important. I'm sorry you don't see thibgs the same way.

dsny1mom

CaptJackZodiac
07-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Well, I can't comment on DL's poolhopping policies but in WDW it's greatly frowned upon. In fact, the only people allowed to poolhop are the members of the DVC and they can only poolhop according to the established membership guidelines which usually stipulate the pool at their own resort has to be down for rehab or otherwise closed to use during their stay.

So, unless the company has a totally different attitude on the West Coast, I would assume the same restrictions would apply.

Of course, it's possible the same policies apply but simply aren't being enforced by the fronline employees.

So, I guess I can't give you a definitive answer.

Hope this helped. ;)

SCUBAbe
07-30-2004, 07:18 PM
I stayed at the GCH in april and was told I could use any pool. I stayed at the PPH two weeks ago and was told I could use the DLH pool as well as the PPH pool. I don't usually use pools at hotels anyway. I have one in my backyard and children pee in hotel pools, but thats what they said...needless to say i didn't use any pool while there...LOL

dsny1mom
07-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the WDW insight, Captain.

As I am sure you are aware there is good reason for hotels not to allow pool hopping. It's such a shame when the guests of one hotel can't get lounge chairs or have to swim in a pool overcrowded by guests from another hotel.

In case anyone is still doubting what I am saying you might want to drop in over at LP in the vacation planning section and read the thread about the PP renovations. None of the keys from any of the hotel will open the gates at another hotels pool any longer.

dsny1mom

CoasterChickie
07-31-2004, 08:36 AM
First of all, I'd like to say that I think there are more polite ways to disagree with people online...reading some of the replies at this thread made me wince.

Secondly, I have to agree with Scubabe. I've not stayed at the Grand Californian, but at both DH and PPH I was told by the front desk clerks that we could use any of the pools at DH and PPH. I also asked if two of my friends who live near DL could hang out with us at the pools and they said that was fine. There were plenty of pool chairs available for everyone.
I think the best thing to do is call and ask what the policy is for the dates that you are going.

Lastly, I would like to say....Scubabe-you crack me up! I hate to tell you, but I know some grown-ups too who have admitted to peeing in pools.
Thank goodness for chlorine!

SCUBAbe
07-31-2004, 09:32 AM
Lastly, I would like to say....Scubabe-you crack me up! I hate to tell you, but I know some grown-ups too who have admitted to peeing in pools.
Thank goodness for chlorine!
We didn't even bring awimsuits with us....LOL..but I was reading the book about the hotel at the PPH and it said that all toddlers need to wear swimming diapers. All I could think of was, yeah..thats great and what about the 5-10 years old...LOL...and now adults to...OMG...LOL

The last hotel pool I swam in was the mirage in vegas. There were all these kids playing right by the stairs and the water was sooo cloudy around them. It was so gross. I went to another exit and took the long long way back to my pool chair. I also hit the shower sprayer on my way back ordered a midori sour and tried to forget about it....LOL

Wendi
07-31-2004, 10:36 PM
OK... here is the "official" answer from the Disneyland.com website... doesn't get much better than that.

• If you are a Disneyland® Hotel or Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel Guest, you may use any of the services at either Resort Hotel. You may also use the massage services and Pinnochio's Workshop (children's activities center) at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® for an additional fee (advanced reservations required).
• Disney's Grand Californian Hotel services are for the exclusive use for Disney's Grand Californian Hotel Guests only.

:p so there!

dsny1mom
08-01-2004, 05:04 AM
Wendi

I read what you wrote off of the Disney web site, but I have a question. What do the hotel services have to do with pool usgae? I was under the impression the pools were considered amenitites not services. Did it say on the web site that the pools were services? But even if pools were services it looks like the PP and DLH can share but the GC can't.

Anyone staying at the GC soon, who cares to walk over the DLH with their room key and see if it opens the pool gate there?

I have to call the head of guest services for all three hotels this coming week, so I'll ask them and post what they say as soon as I can.

dsny1mom

DL4EVER
08-01-2004, 08:47 AM
When we were at Paradise Pier Hotel, back in 2001, we went to all three pools, regardless if we were ALLOWED to. I think the biggest problem is getting caught while getting in, because I don't recall any guest inspections. But that may have changed/never been officially endorsed. I honestly don't see why you shouldn't be able to use other hotel pools, it's not like the GCH pool is all that special.

Wendi
08-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Ok... for those of you who wanted a more official answer, I took it upon myself to email the DLR for the scoop. Here is the response I received:

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your inquiry. Guest at the Disney's Grand Californian
Hotel can use all three resort
hotels pools. The pool in the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is
exclusively for our guest staying
at the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.

Have a Magical Day,

I didn't include the CMs name as I wouldn't want to get anyone into trouble if a troublemaker decided to question authority... hope that clears things up for anyone that wanted to know the answer.

Tinker Bell
08-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I feel that that settles it then.Well at lest for me.

SCUBAbe
08-02-2004, 02:45 PM
and thats exactly what I've been told the last two times we stayed there...:)
Once at GCH (you can use any pool) once at PPH (you can use either this one or the one at DLH)

experiment626
08-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Heck when we were at the resort last July/August, we could have walked in and used the Grand Californian pool, we saw people walking in and out and never using a key.

dsny1mom
08-12-2004, 08:36 PM
First of all I want to thank Coaster Chickie for reminding me to find out what the official policy is regarding the pool usage by guests at the DLR hotels. I felt so bad about forgetting to find out the other day I called and talk to the one person that would know the policy, for sure.

Here it is straight from the mouth of the Mgr of the Grand Californian:

Each of the DLR hotels all have their own pools. At one time DLR guests were allowed usage of any of the three pools, specifally the CG guest were allowed access to any of the pools and PP and DLH guests were allowed usage of each others pools. This is no longer the case. Guests are now only permitted usage of the pool of the hotel they are a guest at. Hotel keys are are used for entry into the pool areas and one's room key will now only open the entrance to the pool at the hotel you are a registered guest at. Pool hopping is not allowed.

Hope this clears up any controversy.

dsny1mom

SCUBAbe
08-12-2004, 08:40 PM
First of all I want to thank Coaster Chickie for reminding me to find out what the official policy is regarding the pool usage by guests at the DLR hotels. I felt so bad about forgetting to find out the other day I called and talk to the one person that would know the policy, for sure.

Here it is straight from the mouth of the Mgr of the Grand Californian:

Each of the DLR hotels all have their own pools. At one time DLR guests were allowed usage of any of the three pools, specifally the CG guest were allowed access to any of the pools and PP and DLH guests were allowed usage of each others pools. This is no longer the case. Guests are now only permitted usage of the pool of the hotel they are a guest at. Hotel keys are are used for entry into the pool areas and one's room key will now only open the entrance to the pool at the hotel you are a registered guest at. Pool hopping is not allowed.

Hope this clears up any controversy.

dsny1mom
hmmm...maybe you can resolve it with the desk people who check you in at the hotels. They are still confused about the policies.

I still can't believe the excitement about swimming in a public pool that the kids/adults are peeing and spitting in. Not to mention what can seep out of a diapered baby....*yuck*

dsny1mom
08-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Scubabe:

At what hotel are there CMs that currently don't know the official policy? I don't want to be accused of being a *snitch* again or trying to get any CMs in trouble. But if someone has been told this at check in or during their stay within the last couple of weeks, all they have to do is post it here or PM me and I'll pass along the information and see if it can't get rectified. DLR hotels strive to give their guests the best service and of course that includes giving them accurate information.

dsny1mom

SCUBAbe
08-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Scubabe:

At what hotel are there CMs that currently don't know the official policy? I don't want to be accused of being a *snitch* again or trying to get any CMs in trouble. But if someone has been told this at check in or during their stay within the last couple of weeks, all they have to do is post it here or PM me and I'll pass along the information and see if it can't get rectified. DLR hotels strive to give their guests the best service and of course that includes giving them accurate information.

dsny1momok it was two weeks ago at PPH and last night when I called their call center. I tried to call right now to see if it was just in error, but they were closed...they should be open later...:)...I also may not have been listening to carefully last night. When they start talking about the pool and amenities I tend to tune out. I'm not interested in the pools and I generally don't use the amenities. I'm just there for a clean (hopefully) place to sleep and rest in air conditioning during the hot part of the day..:)